• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • I have a question: if we're doing a Swiss-styled tournament with 8 people, then how many opponents will we face throughout the tourney?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If it's 8 people, we'd do 3 rounds of Swiss, and then cut to top 4, so if you make it to the finals, you'd have the max number of matches which is 5. Guaranteed 3 different people, but the top 4 may be people you've faced, I'll be pairing 1st and 4th, and 2nd and 3rd after Swiss.

Meadow

Years
  • Ah, I see. May I ask how many opponents we need to defeat to make it to the top 4? (Sorry if this is a redundant question, but I absolutely suck at math. xD)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Tbh I'm not sure on the math either, but top 4 will prob be those who are 2-1, or 3-0. There could be a case though where a 2-1 may not make it, in that case, Challonge has tiebreakers to differentiate between the 2-1 players.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah last day for sign-ups everyone! As it stands we have 5 confirmed; Yeyinde, Quilva and Honest did not flat-out confirm that they're joining, so if you guys could get back to me, that'd be great! I'll probably keep sign-ups open till I hear back from them, but I'd like to get this started asap.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm down to kick some ass. :] Gonna be playing BAs, sorry for anyone who despises me now. :( Speaking of, I got triple Dante, triple Rubic, and double Virgil, and I currently have $20 to my name.

Fuck. My. Life.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    That new Dante fusion sounds really cool too, not sure if anyone'll be playing it though. And don't worry about playing BA haha, at least we have an idea what to side for.

We have 6 people now, so looks like we'll do 3 rounds of Swiss. I'll vm Yeyinde and Quilva, bc it sounded like they'd be joining, don't want to start w/o them. Worst case scenario, the two get paired and either the match fizzles if they both drop, or one gets a bye. Regardless, hopefully I can get this thing started by tomorrow!

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • I'm hyped for CROS in general but some of those rarity bumps make me sad. At least the Fluffal/Frightfur and Raidraptor stuff will be cheap. Btw, how much can we estimate that Clear Wing Synchro Dragon will cost on the secondary market?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yuki Usagi (Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit?????) and Clear Wing are gonna be a pain to get. Not sure if MoonRose or Clear Wing is the favorite 7 right now for Synchros, but I'm still gonna say anywhere from 20-30, at least initially. And if people are playing Yuki, that could be +50USD. Just my random guesstimates though lol.

The two cards I really need are Harpie Harpist (YAY) and Bloom Diva, which, shouldn't be too hard to get, even if they're Super and Ultra.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Speaking of Crossed Souls, I really like the new U.A. support, especially Signing Deal, since you can just switch out the summoned monster for another U.A. in your hand. This makes me want to try out the U.A.s

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Aight y'all, we actually got a turnout of 8 players (which I was hoping for from the start) so let's begin this thing. Reminders listed below:

YGOPro Tournament #1
    - 3 Rounds Swiss, cut to Top 4
    - Each round is determined by a Match (best of 3) so be sure to change the "Duel Mode" to "Match". Any problems setting up the matches, you can contact me.
    - April '15 TCG Banlist is in effect. However allowed cards include TCG/OCG. One deck should be used the entire duration of the tournament.
    - Report all match results here please. Report the number of individual duel wins as well (I.e. match was 2-1) because that may factor into tiebreakers and such.
    - The Tournament can be viewed here.

Pairings for Round 1 (and subsequent rounds) will be available at the Challonge link, but I'll list them here as well.

R1:

Zehn vs Quilva
    countryemo vs Yeyinde
    Flushed vs Honest
    Revise Librarian vs PlatinumDude

Contact each other and set up the match whenever you have time. There's no set time limit for the round, but do try and finish them as quickly as possible.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • Oh man, the excitement! Just a tip to anyone new to YGOPro: If you're having trouble finding your opponents, make sure that "Show Locked Rooms" is checked, and then refresh the list. Also, it would be greatly appreciated if "Mute Opponents" is unchecked on the Settings tab during a duel, because you never know when emergencies may happen.

Good luck, everyone!

Years
  • Gl everyone!

Guess i'm just gonna use the 1 deck i have in ygopro (despite finding out i have like 30 good decks on my old dueling network acc)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Good luck to everyone out there. I'll be using a deck I've been familiar with, and enjoyed using, for quite some time.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I wonder if my opponent is online today

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    since we're in a different timezone it really matter me.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Oh man, it's starting
    May the odd be ever in your favour!
    gl hf everyone

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    have fun and good luck folks. I may/may not be on till 1:00 PM