• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Who are your TOP THREE Pok?girls?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
  • Research: Who are your TOP THREE Pokégirls?

Excuse the bluntness and the odd way I'm carrying this out, but I need public opinions for the sake of research. I am currently working on a Pokémon visual novel (link in signature) that is going to have heavy social simulator/dating simulator mechanics. Considering the absurd number of characters that appear in the games, it is unfeasible for the design and development team to formulate an in-depth story for every single character.

So the big money question that everyone hatesLOVES is:

Who are your TOP THREE Pokégirls?

I am only focusing on characters from the core series games (you know what these are). In other words, no manga-exclusive characters*, no anime-exclusive characters, no Pokémon Colosseum characters, etc. This isn't just about including a character in the visual novel. This is about designing entire character arcs or routes centered on said character.

* other than Yellow from Pokémon Adventures.

Again, this is strictly for research purposes (trying not to crack a smile while typing that sentence). You don't need to justify your choices, but feel free to explain if you so desire. There are no right answers. Please do not bash others for their choices. I get that these subjects sometimes flare up due to fanboyism/fangirlism. But remember these are all opinion-based.

Thank you for your help!

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I don't think I have a big preference, but I do like the Gen 2,3,4 protagonist the most: Kris, May and Dawn - however Leaf comes in a close 4th.

VisualJae

Years
  • Thanks for chiming in!

Man, I'm hoping to get some more results from PokeCommunity. So far there are 81 tallies across Twitter, email and the game's download page on Game Jolt. Results so far have been quite fascinating. I might chart these out sometime.

Edit: Five-hour snapshot based on 88 tallies across the channels mentioned above:
    lyXmFMT.jpg

This only includes student characters in the visual novel.

For other characters, such as staff, miscellaneous NPCs and characters not in the current visual novel - based on 20 tallies across the same channels:
    dJ5kcfd.jpg

I find it amusing that Magma Admin Courtney has picked up a healthy number of supporters, though currently she isn't planned to be included.

Numbers include only those with any tallies. All others have yet to be mentioned by any participants.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since this is strictly for research, my 3 picks would be Jasmine, Flannery, and Serena.

I do find it interesting though that I assumed Dawn, Cynthia, and May would be the most popular, and they look to be the overwhelming favorites so far.

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
    Years
  • Yellow(Adventures),Daisy(Adventures),Lorelei(Game).

You might be surprised why I pick Daisy but in the Pokémon Adventres manga She just look so beautiful on her lab coat.Yellow too looks so cute when she blushes when she is with Red.

Years
  • Normally I'd say Cynthia somewhere, but she already has so much votes so I'll omit her this time.

Because this is for your visual novel, I took a peek at the artwork in your thread for each character, and I'm taking a liking, to Karen, Jasmine, and Bianca.
    On a slightly unrelated note, I just commented on a thread about making favorite favorite franchises dating sims. Pokémon was the last thing on my mind. But there's something alluring about the presentation of your visual novel... I'll have to try the demo later!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    [YTHD]TwhDxzRglwY[/YTHD]​

Perfectly sums up my top three Pokegirls (non-leaders).

VisualJae

Years
  • I do find it interesting though that I assumed Dawn, Cynthia, and May would be the most popular, and they look to be the overwhelming favorites so far.
    I never paid too much attention to the details as this is the first time I actually made an effort to scour the web for opinions on the matter.

I never knew May and Dawn were so popular. I really didn't. As of now the two of them alone combine for ~41% of the 154 total tallies (May 22.7%, 18.8%) Dawn while 22 other mentioned characters share the other 59%, the next closest being Leaf at 9.1%.

So far this has all been very helpful. I'm noticing some trends, but I'm starting to wonder just how much the manga and anime influence the choices, despite the fact that I explicitly state considering only in-game characters.

Because this is for your visual novel, I took a peek at the artwork in your thread for each character, and I'm taking a liking, to Karen, Jasmine, and Bianca.
    On a slightly unrelated note, I just commented on a thread about making favorite favorite franchises dating sims. Pokémon was the last thing on my mind. But there's something alluring about the presentation of your visual novel... I'll have to try the demo later!
    There are a lot of changes coming soon, hopefully by the end of the month or early next month.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    1: May from Gen III (not the one from OR/AS)
    2: Dawn from Gen IV
    3: Kris/Marina from Gen II

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Basing my choices exclusively on the games and trying to ignore the anime, my order is as follows:
    1. Korrina
    2. Jasmine
    3. Serena

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Erika, Jasmine and Korrina for me. Needless to say my opinions change very often so these are the three I can think of right now but I don't think I'll change this post.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Love the game so far!

As for my top three:
    1. Shauna
    2. Dawn
    3. Skyla

Those three have really jumped to the forefront for me ever since i saw each one in the games. (May from ORAS and Candice were a very close fourth and fifth though)

VisualJae

Years
  • Thanks to everyone who has submitted here or elsewhere. This has all been quite helpful. I'm starting to get a good picture, which isn't exactly good news because aside from a few outliers, the rest are well distributed :P

But for those curious, this is what I'm working with after close to two days:
    adNEz9j.jpg

I notice there have been a few hipsters out there (I don't mean that negatively, by the way) who specifically select more obscure characters such as Pike Queen Lucy (Emerald), Battle Chatelaine Morgan (XY/ORAS), or Fennel (BW). And I had to search who the hell Cheryl was on Bulbapedia. Bravo. I thought I was a character dork, but that one flew over my head.

Last edited:

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    My top three girls would probably be the following:

1) Dawn

2) May

3) Serena (actually had someone else in mind but don't see their name listed so just "replacing")

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Thanks to everyone who has submitted here or elsewhere. This has all been quite helpful. I'm starting to get a good picture, which isn't exactly good news because aside from a few outliers, the rest are well distributed :P

But for those curious, this is what I'm working with after close to two days:
    adNEz9j.jpg

I notice there have been a few hipsters out there (I don't mean that negatively, by the way) who specifically select more obscure characters such as Pike Queen Lucy (Emerald), Battle Chatelaine Morgan (XY/ORAS), or Fennel (BW). And I had to search who the hell Cheryl was on Bulbapedia. Bravo. I thought I was a character dork, but that one flew over my head.

WoW , Its kind of terrifying that How May always take the highest place in a poll .

Back