• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Who are your TOP THREE Pok?girls?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Thanks to everyone who has submitted here or elsewhere. This has all been quite helpful. I'm starting to get a good picture, which isn't exactly good news because aside from a few outliers, the rest are well distributed :P

But for those curious, this is what I'm working with after close to two days:
    I see Courtney from Team Magma, but not Shelly from Team Aqua. Where is she?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Now that's an interesting research topic! I can't help but liking graphs of random things, good job on keeping track on this. Here's my list:
    1: Flannery
    2: Sabrina
    3: Yellow

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Adding to the popular bunch:
    May
    Dawn

And for the third picking Kris.

Great job working them graphs and good luck with the game!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I see Courtney from Team Magma, but not Shelly from Team Aqua. Where is she?

The numbers I'm working with are only from mentioned names. Meaning if you don't see the name in the reports, that's because no one has mentioned them yet in any of their three picks. But yeah, even Mars (from Team Galactic) was mentioned recently, but not Shelly.

Flannery and Serena both made decent jumps recently.

Sources:
    - Twitter
    - Game Jolt page
    - Emails (sorry, can't share those :P)
    - And this thread, of course

Last edited:
    Years
  • So am I the only one who thought it would be a game about dating Pokemon and that he needed actual Pokemon girls, not girls from Pokemon games?
    Don't look at me like that.
    I guess my favourites are: May, Cynthia and Serena. That's probably because I have no idea who most of other girls are (I've seen pictures though, I just don't know their characters and roles in games).

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • At first, this was HARD. But after some thinking, I thought these three were my favorites.

1. May. I just find her design overall cute and she's really memorable.
    2. Rosa. Because hair.
    3. Bianca. How does one of the clumsiest teenagers in the world become an assistant professor? I love it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Ignoring other source materials outside of the games? That's easy:

1. Jasie (you should already know who I'm referring to)
    2. Dawn
    3. Hilda

Honorable mentions: Cynthia and May

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I would have to go with:
    1.) Karen
    2.) Chermaine
    3.) Serena

I have a feeling I am forgetting someone important but.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    WoW , Its kind of terrifying that How May always take the highest place in a poll .

I'm proud of May. She was hated during her debut and still hated 10 years ago, but now she's topping the charts! :')

Tbh I'm expecting Dawn, Hilda and Serena to be the top three.

VisualJae

Years
  • 1. Jasie (you should already know who I'm referring to)y
    No idea who you're referring to actually. If she's not from the core series games, she's not eligible in the poll I'm running. I can't find that name in any source. Unless you typo'd and mean Jessie, but either way she's not qualified (though she does show up in Yellow version; in any case she'd be an anomaly due to Yellow being based off the anime. Judgment call situation. Kind of moot anyway at this point.).

I'm proud of May. She was hated during her debut and still hated 10 years ago, but now she's topping the charts! :')

Eh, if it means anything, our character designer and editor favors Hilda :P

I didn't know what to expect going in, but here's what I have so far:

For the most part, trends have stayed the same. May, Dawn, Misty, Serena and Leaf have been in the Top 5 since the very beginning. I'm not entirely sure if it's because the first four were featured prominently in the anime (and considering the general lower approval rate of the Best Wishes series, Iris isn't as popular as the others). I don't know, it's one hunch I have.

Others fluctuate only slightly, such as Hilda, Flannery, and Rosa. Biggest jump lately was Skyla, boosting her total numbers by 40% (albeit it's up to 10 out of the 271 total tallies so far). But for every tally one character gets, it seems like Dawn and May pick up even more.

I think I'll stop keeping track once the total tallies hit 300. I think it's decent enough sample size. The miscellaneous characters category is basically Cynthia's show. I'm more interested in the ones behind her.

All in all, helpful stuff for me and those working on the visual novel. Obviously the results here won't dictate everything we do, but it's good to know.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Yet , Writer hand her over to Drew because he's like the hot , dazzling and Shining males from Shoujo anime.
    That's what stop me from supporting May as the Best because I don't like the popular guy winning.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • No idea who you're referring to actually. If she's not from the core series games, she's not eligible in the poll I'm running. I can't find that name in any source. Unless you typo'd and mean Jessie, but either way she's not qualified (though she does show up in Yellow version; in any case she'd be an anomaly due to Yellow being based off the anime. Judgment call situation. Kind of moot anyway at this point.).

Um no, I'm not actually referring to Jessie. I was referring to the Steel-type gym leader from Johto. I couldn't type her full name, because it's one of my "trigger" words.

VisualJae

Years
  • I tallied more votes together and took a different spin on popularity and ratings. I used a similar format most professional sports use to determine their seasonal MVPs. First pick gets 3 points, second pick gets 2 points, third pick gets 1 point. E.g. if you picked Skyla, Leaf, Whitney, then Skyla would get 3 points, Leaf 2 points, Whitney 1 point.

So after recompiling, the results were... well, not so quite different from just looking at total tallies:

The reason is because of the sheer number of votes May and Dawn picked up, as the two showed up on more people's lists than any other character. Too popular! I didn't recompile the misc. characters one because the sample size is much smaller (plus it's basically just Cynthia's show).

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Wow; great job for May and Dawn! {<3} So glad that they're excelling in the poll; they deserve it! Flannery is a bit lower than I expected..! {D:}

As for my picks (inspired from here), my Top 3 PokéGirls overall at the moment would probably be: Flannery, Zinnia, and Skyla. (although I would like to play through Pokémon AlphaSapphire and Pokémon Black/Black 2 to gain better familiarity with Zinnia and Skyla, and maybe some further interaction with Flannery..)

Flannery:
    I've had a crush on her ever since playing Pokémon Sapphire, and the anime made her even more adorable (especially with Lisa Ortiz's nice voice and when Flannery dozed off while her grandfather was lecturing to her {XD}). For one, we're both aligned in our favorite Pokémon type, T3H FIR3H, so she at least has good taste in elemental strength! ^^ Also, she's simultaneously hot, pretty, and cute! Moreover, her "facade" of being a tough Gym Leader despite her inexperience was a nice touch; she's also quite passionate about Pokémon battling. Amidst all the odds, she still remains the ultimate captivating PokéGirl for me. {<3}

Zinnia: I was just enthralled by her attractive design upon its unveiling; she just seems so mesmerizing.. Her backstory also seemed intriguing; and she seemed so cool, what with masquerading within Team Magma and Team Aqua.. And also, DRAGONS! {:3}

Skyla: Mostly because of her nice midriff and she seems so waywardly happy-go-lucky, if that makes sense. Admittedly, her initial "stance" of battling was a bit airhead-ish, though.. -_-

Dawn, Whitlea/Hilda, Yvonne/Serena, Dahlia, Rosa, May, Female Hoenn Pokémon Ranger
    (Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire), Sabrina, Roxanne, Leaf, Lyra, and Jasmine were close contenders (especially the first 6-8); the decision was just so hard - they're all so wonderful, pretty, captivating, and adorable! ;-;

Back