• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • invisible-hand2.jpg

after PZ is moved to BL

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    I second that^

I want Rhyperior to be moved up to BL too but that won't happen. It seems everyone else can handle that thing but me. Its just one of those pokemon that is the bane of my existence.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Uh, Geo, you didn't show a hand. He specifically asked for a show of hands.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • NU is obviously the only reliable tier. Now...to get a ladder...

I might actually make a real UU team (that isn't a copy of DA's lol) and try it out. I haven't had the spiteful pleasure of dealing with a PZ yet. ^o^ Maybe by the time I get into UU for real, I won't have to worry.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Attention S&M(ers, ites, ons?)!

For some reason I have done/said/implied/existed something that has angered/irritated/bothered you all. Well, even though I'm not sure what I'm apologizing for, but "sorry." Yeah it won't happen again, whatever "it" is. I promise, I think. My bad.

-Gamer.

P.S. Felt like this was the easiest place to post this because no mod would approve this to be thread-worthy.

P.P.S. I just wanted a post-post-scritp.

Detox

I want Rhyperior to be moved up to BL too but that won't happen. It seems everyone else can handle that thing but me. Its just one of those pokemon that is the bane of my existence.

Rhyperior rofl. Im assuming you use no water/fighting/grass types at all?

I find OU boring now. Its basically Mence Mence Mence Scizor Scizor skarm and its not fun. So iI have resorted to playing UU/NU until OU becomes good again.

MissHawthorne

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • I second that^

With 4 Speed EVs, Milotic outruns 252 Speed Rhyperior and OHKOes it with Surf, while being OHKOed by no attack outside of Adamant Choice Band Rock Wrecker with Stealth Rock (extremely unlikely).

Pokemon such as Venusaur, Azumarill, Tangrowth and Sceptile also exist to take its attacks/OHKO it. Azumarill can even cause massive damage to the Rock Polish set thanks to priority. And remember our good friends Weezing, Poliwrath, Feraligatr, Torterra, Hitmontop and Hariyama? Aside from the special attackers that can OHKO it with non-STAB attacks (Alakazam). Rhyperior will never be a Pokemon which is particularly hard to deal with. Throwing a Pokemon on your team that can outspeed +2 Rhyperior and packs a grass/water move, preferably STAB, effectively means that Rhyperior will not sweep your team. Rhyperior in BL? Wait 'till Heracross moves down~

EDIT: And to all those who think Alakazam will be suspect, Alakazam's absolute #1 counter in the whole game is actually a UU Pokemon. Spiritomb. Plus it's not like Absol, Sneasel, Chansey, Choice Scarf and Physical Priority exist now is it? (:

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    With 4 Speed EVs, Milotic outruns 252 Speed Rhyperior and OHKOes it with Surf, while being OHKOed by no attack outside of Adamant Choice Band Rock Wrecker with Stealth Rock (extremely unlikely).

Pokemon such as Venusaur, Azumarill, Tangrowth and Sceptile also exist to take its attacks/OHKO it. Azumarill can even cause massive damage to the Rock Polish set thanks to priority. And remember our good friends Weezing, Poliwrath, Feraligatr, Torterra, Hitmontop and Hariyama? Aside from the special attackers that can OHKO it with non-STAB attacks (Alakazam). Rhyperior will never be a Pokemon which is particularly hard to deal with. Throwing a Pokemon on your team that can outspeed +2 Rhyperior and packs a grass/water move, preferably STAB, effectively means that Rhyperior will not sweep your team. Rhyperior in BL? Wait 'till Heracross moves down~

EDIT: And to all those who think Alakazam will be suspect, Alakazam's absolute #1 counter in the whole game is actually a UU Pokemon. Spiritomb. Plus it's not like Absol, Sneasel, Chansey, Choice Scarf and Physical Priority exist now is it? (:

I know all this. Its just one of those pokemon I hate. It always seems to screw me over lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Which is the best non OU rapid spinner? It doesn't have to know entry hazards of it's own.

Himontop and Blastoise.

So any word on a Suspect test for Cresselia and Porygon-Z and maybe Zam?

Zam is rofl. Nice Tomb, Skuntank, Drapion, Chansey etc weak.

I second that^

"Maybe you're just bad?"

MissHawthorne

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • Why has no one mentioned Donphan as a UU Rapid Spinner? Unlike others, ghosts can't really switch in on Donphan without risking large sums of damage. 120 Base Attack with STAB Earthquake and Assurance is nothing to sneeze at, especially in the cases of Haunter/Froslass/Rotom/Mismagius who are risking OHKOes.

Donphan also gets rocks of its own, and is a fantastic physical tank; one of the very best answers to Aggron in the game.

Cloyster and Torkoal aren't terrible either; Torkoal is the only rapid spinner who doesn't risk a burn from incoming ghosts, and Spiritomb won't enjoy being burnt, nor Froslass hit with a STAB fire attack. Torkoal also functions as a perfectly viable stop to physical Arcanine, Venusaur etc

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Why has no one mentioned Donphan as a UU Rapid Spinner? Unlike others, ghosts can't really switch in on Donphan without risking large sums of damage. 120 Base Attack with STAB Earthquake and Assurance is nothing to sneeze at, especially in the cases of Haunter/Froslass/Rotom/Mismagius who are risking OHKOes.

Donphan also gets rocks of its own, and is a fantastic physical tank; one of the very best answers to Aggron in the game.

Cloyster and Torkoal aren't terrible either; Torkoal is the only rapid spinner who doesn't risk a burn from incoming ghosts, and Spiritomb won't enjoy being burnt, nor Froslass hit with a STAB fire attack. Torkoal also functions as a perfectly viable stop to physical Arcanine, Venusaur etc

Well really D_A and others were responding to the better UU Rapid Spinners, because tbh in UU Donphan dies to a load of special attacks, including Broke-Z, FailZam, Sceptile, Froslass, Blastoise, Milotic, etc. Also no recovery is a pain.

Also Cloyster is somewhat decent in UU but again its low Special Defense makes it a bad idea to use outside of a stall team like D_A does because there Cloyster has the support it can switch to take hits on the special side.

Torkoal is just lol. Heck so much kills it in UU its not funny.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Why has no one mentioned Donphan as a UU Rapid Spinner? Unlike others, ghosts can't really switch in on Donphan without risking large sums of damage. 120 Base Attack with STAB Earthquake and Assurance is nothing to sneeze at, especially in the cases of Haunter/Froslass/Rotom/Mismagius who are risking OHKOes.

Because it still cant spin on them and its really easy to predict around it. That and Rotom and Mismagius are immune to its STAB move which is never a good thing. 2/4 of the most common Spinblockers are immune. That and Froslass (bulky versions) isnt even OHKO'd by Assurance and neither is Rotom both accounting for SR and can either Pain Split, Ice Beam or just burn you respectively.

As a Spinner Donphan is outclassed by Hitmontop due to better typing (i.e doesnt get dominated by Froslass and Shadow Balls), Foresight so you can actually remove entry hazards etc.

Torkoal is kinda lol, its SR weak, "its a fire type" i.e it isnt good defensively and Venusaur still nails it with Earthquake.

Cloyster is only good because of Surf, dual Spikes and the ability to 2HKO 2/4 (Lass and Rotom with Payback or Surf) of the ghosts and use the other (Tomb) as set up fodder. Mismagius is the only ghost who causes it problems who takes a hell of a load from Payback if you want to use that.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Serious competitive discussion obviously doesn't go over well in the DCC, which is more suited to pseudo-trolling ;D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back