• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Chain Fishing

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If you move (bump) against the water but don't leave the tile does that count as breaking the chain? I just did that by accident....

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • Done a couple of 20-30 chains with no luck, it's so easy to lose concentration, I'll give it another go tomorrow maybe

Years
  • Chain of 83 pokemon and I closed and opened the 3DS during fights and that didn't seem to break the chain. I finally lost cause I thought bike broke the chain and then missed a fish.

Might try again soon... ALL I WANT IS A SHINY! >:'(

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • Had no luck since last night. Smashing down coffees to keep my reflexes up (ive messed up so many chains by reeling in too slow). So is it true that you can just run away from the pokes and the chain keeps going? I've been attacking every single one, my florges has gone from 82-85 purely from beating level 25 skrelps and horseas xD

Tititienne

Psychic
    Years
  • Had no luck since last night. Smashing down coffees to keep my reflexes up (ive messed up so many chains by reeling in too slow). So is it true that you can just run away from the pokes and the chain keeps going? I've been attacking every single one, my florges has gone from 82-85 purely from beating level 25 skrelps and horseas xD

Running away from battles doesn't end your chain, but it would be useful to know which events exactly break it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i cant find an inkay with suction cups. lol and i thought fishing for a shiny would the be the hardest part XD

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • Before this topic, i never knew about chain fishing, so thanks for that. I just caught a shiny Clamperl, within 30 tries I think.

I know I was the same. I hadnt even got the super rod in in either game then since this morning I got a Qwilfish Clauncher Skrelp Alomomola poliwhirl and 2 remoraid

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Just got a Skrelp. I would say it took about 20 minutes.

I'm still not sure about the shiny Shelder I got. I think it had nothing to do with chain fishing. My first shiny just happens to be as soon as I start trying to get a shiny. :|

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i had my inkay with suction cups with me and it said that there was nothing biting? is that supposed to happen?

Tititienne

Psychic
    Years
  • Cheers
    1.%20smile.gif
    makes things quicker. Just got a shiny horsea! Life = complete.
    Also, heres some more info in what breaks chains. http://www.serebii.net/xy/fishchain.shtml

Thanks for the link !

i had my inkay with suction cups with me and it said that there was nothing biting? is that supposed to happen?

The Pokémon with Suction Cups must be in first place in your party. However, keep in mind that Suction Cups only increase the probability of reeling in a Pokémon, so it can still happen that nothing is bitting.

Years
  • Whoot! Caught another one today! Shiny Skrelp. :D I think I'm done chain fishing for a while because there are a lot of other things I could be doing in the game besides this. :P

Flyingtacos

Flyingtacos? WTF!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Got a shiny shelder on a streak of 4, got a streak of 30 something going atm, but no dice on a second shiny

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    also after i got my shiny relicanth i decided to go somehwere else to get other kinds of shinies. but no luck on any of the places. and sometimes, even when i had my malamar with suction cups in the first slot of my party, it said that nothing seems to bebiting. it did it not once, not twice, but like 3 times! its confusing but atleast i got my shiny relicanth. i love it so much and am leveling it up in the elite four.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    I have tried fish chaining and haven't found any shinies but you are all finding heaps. What breaks your chain a part from moving to a another spot and not getting a bite?

Back