• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Shattered Dreams

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Thread reopened via owner's request. (Good luck with the new version, man. :))

Re-opened~

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Clearly, as everyone can see, Shattered Dreams is back with avengence! For the most part the game should remain the same except for a few key differences. One major one is the plotline change. Lucario is out, and the new stars will be announced at 10:30pm EST. Also that is when the new screenshots will be uploaded. On top of that I don't believe 4th (or 5th for that matter) Gen. Pokemon will make it in this time around. Maybe 4th gen, and that would only include prevo's and evo's. Sorry I've been away so long, but I'm back and better than ever.

Prepare for Pokemon Shattered Dreams "2010"

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Masterge right
Will you restart the whole hack or just keeping from where you was before you stopped?
Edit:Why!!!WHY Lucario is out?I really loved him :(

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Okay, sorry about the delay. I guess I was more tired than expected :P
Anyways the first post has been updated with the tweaked storyline and some screenshots. I've realized that everything I've done up to now is pretty much BTS (behind the scene). I am currently mapping out Serebe Lake and the Terra Pass. With that said, I'll be around for a bit ready to answer any and all questions!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Woo! Awesome! My favorite hack is finally back on track!
That's good. Also, the Hero OW and his backsprite is well sprited as well!

Good luck.

PS: By the way, where have you been in all these years?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Woo! Awesome! My favorite hack is finally back on track!
That's good. Also, the Hero OW and his backsprite is well sprited as well!

Good luck.

PS: By the way, where have you been in all these years?

I'm glad to hear that THIS is your fave hack :) And ive been around. Ghosting the forums, you know.

Anywho, the hack is progressing BTS pretty fast, I'm just having a hard time coming with a concept for the female player. Also i redid Shinville at least four times. I guess I am one of those hackers who just wants everything to look as nice as possible! New screenshots and an announcement will come by Friday, everyweek.

Also I'm thinking about changing the starters. Right now you have the choice of Elekid or Magby. But I truly don't wish to add IVGEN pokemon. SO I was thinking something like Nidorans or Zangoose/Seviper as starters. Feedback would be lovely.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Also I'm thinking about changing the starters. Right now you have the choice of Elekid or Magby. But I truly don't wish to add IVGEN pokemon. SO I was thinking something like Nidorans or Zangoose/Seviper as starters. Feedback would be lovely.
There are many paired Pokemon, such as Volbeat & Illumise, too.
But what if you chose 2 totally random starters, let's say... Shellder and Houndour?

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
I love the story and I love the name even more. I would use the magby/elekid starters as long as they have the 3 evos. A third possible water could be lotad or poliwag OR other possible starters seedot, ralts (include male evo), bagon, larvitar, trapinch, and magnamite (3 evos).

I hope this helps with some ideas. I tried to stick with 3 evo starters. I sweet starting three would be croagunk, gible, and riolu.

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
theres just something thats annoying. i can never run away from a wild pokemon. it never lets me escape until i try at least 4-5 times.
mainly the pachirsu stantlers and the bunerays. such a pain to walk trhu the forest

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Well... since this is a hack coming from a long time ago, waaay before I joined this forum, I'm glad to see it's reopened. You don't see that very often (who knows, maybe Zel will finish...). Anyway I wish you best of luck with this hack.
Now, since you're asking for ideas on starter pokemon you should do something unique. Why should starters have to be oposit just like in every other hack...?!
Since the name of the hack is shatered dreams I think that starter pokemon should have more meaning then even legendary pokemon in the hack. So... when you think what kind of pokemon is the most asociated with dreams... psichic pokemon! Don't get me wrong I would love nothing more than dratini beign a starter, but... starters like abra and ralts make much more sence. Of course you should make trade evolutions evolve by level...

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Well... since this is a hack coming from a long time ago, waaay before I joined this forum, I'm glad to see it's reopened. You don't see that very often (who knows, maybe Zel will finish...). Anyway I wish you best of luck with this hack.
Now, since you're asking for ideas on starter pokemon you should do something unique. Why should starters have to be oposit just like in every other hack...?!
Since the name of the hack is shatered dreams I think that starter pokemon should have more meaning then even legendary pokemon in the hack. So... when you think what kind of pokemon is the most asociated with dreams... psichic pokemon! Don't get me wrong I would love nothing more than dratini beign a starter, but... starters like abra and ralts make much more sence. Of course you should make trade evolutions evolve by level...
I purposely avoided using a triad. Instead I tried for two similar Pokemon who don't check each other, instead selection will be based on preference. That's hard to do. I kinda wanted Growlithe and Houndour but two fire types? Hmm I don't know. For the working beta it's a choice of Magby vs Elekid. I want to keep this hack as third gen as possible. I also want to avoid Dragons (overpowered) and other Pseudo-legendaries.If I can't find the right types I might just stick to the ones I have now.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I knew I asked this question for a long time already... Since you made a Hero OW, do you plan making a Heroine OW as well?
Yes, once I finalize her design. In this current build she's unusable from an OW perspective but I'm working on it and she should be done by the time the beta comes out.

Update:
After redesigning Shinville for the millionth time I gave up and redid the entire city. It's now called Lakeview, and with good reason. More screenshots are in the first post, but these are four of my favorites.

lv1.png
win.png

lv2.png
lv6.png

And about the whole starter issue. I'm really beginning to consider a choice of Nidorans. Or if anything Seviper and Zangoose. But that would jeopardize my plans for the gym order...

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Wow, this hack look's really good! It has a great storyline -keep up with the good work! :)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Wow, this hack look's really good! It has a great storyline -keep up with the good work! :)

I can't wait to be able to play this :D

You won't be waiting that much longer haha.

I've played through the SD2008 beta for the first time since 2008 and I'm confused. Looking back on my own work I can finally see how far i've come. There are so many errors in the '08 version that didn't come up in this time around. Guess thats why they call it progress. Also I've picked the starters and they won't come as a surprise to anyone who's paid attention to what i've been saying. Meanwhile the beta has really taken off, it should be done in a reasonable time span! Update coming this Friday.

Back