• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Wooo! I've got more hunting done today than I have in a long, long time. I don't have anything huge due until next week - so I'm gonna put off stress until tomorrow. Huzzah!
    Unfortunatly... I still bred the same amount of shinies as I typically do; 0.
    Oh well! I was in a bit of a bored mood, so I decided to research SHC related urls. Unfortunatly... SHC.org, SHC.com, SHC.net, (and all other endings) are registered. BUT! If we want to someday create our very own shiny hunters site... shinyhunters.com and shinyhunters.org are both available and (in my opinion) pretty awesome. If anybody's savvy with websites and thinks this might be a fun project, get in touch with me.

Years
  • I'm the best you could have for HTML/CSS desing! ;) (I'm still working on PHP, though... We'd definitely need to use PHP/SQL to create a truly kickass ShinyDex and member pages; like that french site, only good.) If you've somehow worked out a hosting deal, then by all means!

Progress report: My Sapphire is out of commission as I currently have 2 L47 Gardevoirs in the daycare and am using the Ocean Glitch to get them to L100 for my upcoming Gardevoir Base, so no Roselia or Lunatone hunting there for the time being. Emerald is pending a restart, which I can only do after I've built the Gardevoir base. I don't want any shinies under my current Emerald ID. On Fire Red is where I'm hunting. I'm currently still fishing for Poliwag, but if you think I should resume the Clefairy hunt, I may.

growlithe#1

owns 3 shinys aww oh well
    Years
  • razer302 how in the world do u think u can get shiny kiogre or however u spell it theres only 1 in da hole game and how would i get a shiny starter? my shinies r aggron lv 42 and magikarp lv 39

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
    Years
  • MetalMario said:
    Progress report: My Sapphire is out of commission as I currently have 2 L47 Gardevoirs in the daycare and am using the Ocean Glitch to get them to L100 for my upcoming Gardevoir Base, so no Roselia or Lunatone hunting there for the time being. Emerald is pending a restart, which I can only do after I've built the Gardevoir base. I don't want any shinies under my current Emerald ID. On Fire Red is where I'm hunting. I'm currently still fishing for Poliwag, but if you think I should resume the Clefairy hunt, I may.

May i ask what the 'ocean glitch' is exactly as i have never heard of it MM... also, i have managed to dig out an old GBA (yay) so i shall be able to continue the hunt after all (yay again) So no new shinies but im going to leave the dratini and start off getting my shiny hunting smeargle,cradily and quagsire (SMEARGLE FOR (caps) false swipe, cradily for suction cups and quagsire for damp.)

When we get the new D&P in the UK then we will be able to exchange friend codes and then we can trade over to eachother with shinies :D (great) and battle eachother. Also do we know if the DS will:

A) Have compatability/trading between FR/LG/R/S/E and D&P
    B)A link cable will ever be made to connect the DS to the GBA. That would help a great deal...but for now a GCs GBA Player can trade to my old GBA (phew im lucky to have a spare GBA or SP arent I)...

Because in the event of D&P being able to trade between FR/LG/R/S/E then we will have to trade all the pokemon to them....that means a lot. and finally 2 things left.

1)Can 2 people with DS's see if we can trade the Pokemon advanced games between eachother through the internet (small possibilities)

2)someone name a shiny from a FR game and i will hunt for it..while i get shiny birds from my LG and mewtwo too...the same will be done on my sapp and ruby for kyogre and groudon. anyway i dont want to take up the WHOLE of this page so :D SYS (see you soon)

Years
  • growlithe#1 said:
    razer302 how in the world do u think u can get shiny kiogre or however u spell it theres only 1 in da hole game and how would i get a shiny starter? my shinies r aggron lv 42 and magikarp lv 39
    You can get shiny ubers by saving in front of them, battling them, resetting if they're not shiny, and repeating until they are. Do you want to join?

Jirachi Trainer said:
    May i ask what the 'ocean glitch' is exactly as i have never heard of it MM...
    The Ocean Glitch serves the same purpose as the mudslide trick. There's a faulty tile on that route with all the currents. It's a tile on the land which actually pushes you back as if it were current. If you use the Mach Bike and hold down the right direction, you'll continue to go back and forth just like the mudslide trick.

Jirachi Trainer said:
    also, i have managed to dig out an old GBA (yay) so i shall be able to continue the hunt after all (yay again) So no new shinies but im going to leave the dratini and start off getting my shiny hunting smeargle,cradily and quagsire (SMEARGLE FOR (caps) false swipe, cradily for suction cups and quagsire for damp.)
    Be sure to give this Smeargle Spore and Super Fang as well. Smeargle's so weak that, even for a L100, Super Fang may do more for the first use or two than False Swipe. At least if you're going after shiny ubers, you should do this.

Jirachi Trainer said:
    When we get the new D&P in the UK then we will be able to exchange friend codes and then we can trade over to eachother with shinies :D (great) and battle eachother. Also do we know if the DS will:

A) Have compatability/trading between FR/LG/R/S/E and D&P
    Yes. This has already been confirmed.

Jirachi Trainer said:
    B)A link cable will ever be made to connect the DS to the GBA. That would help a great deal...but for now a GCs GBA Player can trade to my old GBA (phew im lucky to have a spare GBA or SP arent I)...
    No. There's nowhere on the DS where such a cable could be connected. Wireless Adapter compatibility on the part of D/P is a possibility, however.

Jirachi Trainer said:
    Because in the event of D&P being able to trade between FR/LG/R/S/E then we will have to trade all the pokemon to them....that means a lot. and finally 2 things left.
    Why? Only if you want to. I didn't trade EVERYTHING from R/B/Y to G/S/C when they came out.

Jirachi Trainer said:
    1)Can 2 people with DS's see if we can trade the Pokemon advanced games between eachother through the internet (small possibilities)
    What are you talking about? We'd only be able to trade over the internet via D/P/other possible DS games. They're not out yet, so how can we try?

Jirachi Trainer said:
    2)someone name a shiny from a FR game and i will hunt for it..while i get shiny birds from my LG and mewtwo too...the same will be done on my sapp and ruby for kyogre and groudon. anyway i dont want to take up the WHOLE of this page so :D SYS (see you soon)
    Pick something you like. Here's the menu.

No Poliwag. My first two Gardevoirs are L70.

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Okay.
    I'm currently on a Shiny Magicarp hatching quest, mainly because Red Gyrados' are cool, and because eggs with Magicarps hatch very fast.

BTW, why am I not on the member list? I was accepted by one of the staff of this club...

CURRENT SHINIES:
    Walrien

LOOKING FOR
    MAgicarp
    Dusclops
    Groudon (Want this ALOT, but I already have the Groudon and it's not shiny...)

Years
  • FLAWLESS VICTORY!!

I got the shiny Poliwag!! OMG, this is sweet! She's a Docile female. I'll be back with pictures shortly. Wow, I got it only on my second day of hunting!

Metal Sonic: Aaryn's waay behind on updating the members list, since he was kinda away for a year. Just let him know and he'll probably add you.

*goes to relish in the Poliwag goodness*

Edit: Pictures!
    14-PoliwagL9a.jpg
    14-PoliwagL9b.jpg

It may take until this evening before I can get XD pictures up. I'll get pictures of HipHoppip, then, too.

Edit2: Back again with IVs:
    HP: 30
    Atk: 28
    Def: 4
    SpAtk: 25
    SpDef: 18
    Speed: 28

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    *DOES THE NEW SHINY DANCE!*
    ahhhH! so cool! I was hunting all during lunch today, but no shinies... What rotten luck.
    By the way... I copyrighted the "menu" for shinies - so you owe me an American dollar, k? But honestly, congrats! That's a pretty rad shiny for the collection.
    *Bows down to MM's elite shiny capturing abilities*
    Edit: On a side note... I've decided to go after a shiny Spoink once I've secured a Tauros. So, if you guys want to hold off on that hunt, I'd appreciate it. But, if you're a Spoink enthusiast... by all means, hunt away. I probably won't get a shiny Tauros for a year or so anyway!
    pkrssh110.gif

Last edited:

growlithe#1

owns 3 shinys aww oh well
    Years
  • plz let me join ive got a shiny aggron i caught it as a shiny aron and a shiny gyarados i caught it as a shiny magikarp thats on emerald on fire red ive got a shiny vielplume im working on my emerald dex of shinies and non shinies so far ive caught 80 and seen 143

Last edited:

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Good for you, MM!
    What'll you evolve it into? Poliwrath or Politoad?

Anway...
    *Smashes head*
    Ugh. I've hatched about 7-9 eggs, to no avail of a Gold Magicarp.

Good news, I found my shiney walrien, Sparkly! She wasn't in my GBA games, and wasn't in my XD PC, so I finally looked in the XD daycare and found her! Yay!

Years
  • xPokerusx said:
    Cool MM,my cacturne is docile.
    Ive been sring for shiny dratini(avatar) but no luck.
    MORE evidence that Runa was correct! Everyone does want my shinies!

growlithe#1 said:
    plz let me join ive got a shiny aggron i caught it as a shiny aron and a shiny gyarados i caught it as a shiny magikarp thats on emerald on fire red ive got a shiny vielplume im working on my emerald dex of shinies and non shinies so far ive caught 80 and seen 143
    You were already admitted by ryan:
    ryan said:
    So, I think you're cool to join! Welcome to the SHC. And... finding shinies is 100% random.
    It's kinda suspicious how your shiny collection has mysteriously grown with each post of yours. Care to explain?

~\"Metal Sonic"/~ said:
    Good for you, MM!
    What'll you evolve it into? Poliwrath or Politoad?
    Politoed, for sure! I mean, which of these would you rather have:
    062.png
    186.png

Shiny Poliwrath has this awful, Oscar the Grouch-style green which is just bad. I could've sworn I'd already said this.

Angoisse

Umbreon/Espeon Skitso
    Years
  • ryan said:
    Oh well! I was in a bit of a bored mood, so I decided to research SHC related urls. Unfortunatly... SHC.org, SHC.com, SHC.net, (and all other endings) are registered. BUT! If we want to someday create our very own shiny hunters site... shinyhunters.com and shinyhunters.org are both available and (in my opinion) pretty awesome. If anybody's savvy with websites and thinks this might be a fun project, get in touch with me.

Well, I have a bit of experience with site coding. I take a bit different approach than most becuase most of the sites I make are requests from people and I try to code it so its easy for someone that's not a coding god to go in and alter/update if I'm not avialible to do it. I'm currently making one for my alter-ego here on the fourm but if you are really serious about that site give me a ring and I'll show you some sites I've made (Though the samples I have online don't have some of the new tricks I've picked up)

Oh, PS: I'm back early

Years
  • Well that's one of the things that comes with standards-compliant CSS design: it's dead easy to update the content without having to worry about the page's appearance. It's also easy to change the page's appearance without worrying about updating the content. I've a good deal of experience with this sort of thing.

Angoisse

Umbreon/Espeon Skitso
    Years
  • Just an offer, I'm not really experience with CSS so I won't try to fake like I am, but if you are interested in sampling my work I would be more than happy to contribute to the proposed site

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Well, I really know next to nothing about creating webstuff. I mean, I've made a few pages but only with html and shtml; nothing really fancy. I know how to copy javascripts into pages and stuff too... but, I probably couldn't put any real time into a site until this summer... Now I was just kinda checking to see if the idea would fly with the group.
    So, my hunt passed the 20 hour mark (started at 151 and now I've passed 172); the Tauros I put in the day care center to breed with has grown 80 levels... Wooo! I feel a shiny coming on very soon.

Years
  • hey i would be happy to buy a domain for the SHC
    it would be my honor
    i could make a layout
    and some cool pages
    i have dreamweaver so, and im pretty good with it
    and i still want a pokemon name so i can hunt

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Hmmm... you could hunt for... a shiny Jigglypuff?! I don't think we have one yet.
    Have you ever made a layout before? We all need to figure out some time when those of us interested in making this happen can get together and talk things over. Hmm...
    Well, I found an interesting page that some of you have probably already seen. It's the official Pokemon art edited to be shiny. It's pretty cool and worth taking a look at: http://www.pokebeach.com/sugimorishinypics.shtml

Back