• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
cooley said:
The Script already works, so I don't need help with it. I have a problem, with a script. I insert it, and change the text block and text bank, and everything...But the game either opens a text box with no text or freeze, or Restarts.

6A 74 00 03 0A 47 4C xx xx 54 4E 09 xx xx 4C xx xx 53 49 90
the 09 xx xx points to 00 2D 01 05

(Btw, What happens if you say no, comes after the 09 xx xx. Just to let you know....xD)
You don't need the 73 xx Command anymore either, and yes, I tried the script both with, and without the 73 xx.

Make sure the pointer of text is leading to the 00 before, other stuff does not need to.

Years
cyclone still doesn't work but whatever...
so heres my question does anyone know whats wrong
I have meade a new map in A-map and I filled it and made the border blocks the good tiles but when I play it still doens'nt show the right border...the border are some weird tiles...
So anyone knows how to fix this?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
cyclone still doesn't work but whatever...
so heres my question does anyone know whats wrong
I have meade a new map in A-map and I filled it and made the border blocks the good tiles but when I play it still doens'nt show the right border...the border are some weird tiles...
So anyone knows how to fix this?
About cyclone....
probably you're missing vbrun files...
And about The border block....
are you sure the border block is alright and not messed up? This has also happened to me on ruby. Do you mean the border is glitchy?

~Celebi

Years
About cyclone....
probably you're missing vbrun files...
And about The border block....
are you sure the border block is alright and not messed up? This has also happened to me on ruby. Do you mean the border is glitchy?

~Celebi

Yes glitchy..but can it be fixed..? because now I have to add 12 blocks in width and lenght..>XD

Years
Okay, I am having a map overlapping problem. Some maps overlap themselves and others overlap others. Now, this only recently started happening (Which is right after I just inserted the new tileset). I have already tried reinserting the map and redoing the connections, and none of them have worked.

----->

Reposting question, because it wasn't answered.

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Dec 4, 2009
Ok, so i've been messing around with sprites, tryina index and whatnot, now i'm able to index, I insert a sprite and it's indexed, and PERFECT. BUT I load the ROM and it comes out all jacked up. Yes it's 64x64 and has 16 colors...

Spoiler:

Do I have to change the background color or what?

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2011
Editting PC Items...

Ok, so I've searched this thread, but can't find anything on this, using the following terms:
1. "pc" - too short to search.
2. "pc item" - results are every post including "item".
3. "computer" - results are every post where someone has a problem with their computer.

Does anyone have any idea how to edit/add to the items in PC at the start of the game for either Ruby or FireRed?

Any help on this will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Дон Пач said:

Hmm..it could either be a map error or glitch.

MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
Ok, so i've been messing around with sprites, tryina index and whatnot, now i'm able to index, I insert a sprite and it's indexed, and PERFECT. BUT I load the ROM and it comes out all jacked up. Yes it's 64x64 and has 16 colors...

Spoiler:

Do I have to change the background color or what?

You have to use the palettes specified, adding outside palettes will not work, unless you palette change them.

stead573 said:
Ok, so I've searched this thread, but can't find anything on this, using the following terms:
1. "pc" - too short to search.
2. "pc item" - results are every post including "item".
3. "computer" - results are every post where someone has a problem with their computer.

Does anyone have any idea how to edit/add to the items in PC at the start of the game for either Ruby or FireRed?

Any help on this will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I know you can with a gameshark code or action replay code you can, I would not know the in-game code.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hmm...

couldn't you just remap the map or arrange the tiles..?

Anyways, I got a question concerning about your problem...

1. If you view the map with A-Map, is the map looking okay but if ya try and play it in VBA it then looks like that..?

2. Did ya saved your state in the same map where you had done some changes..?
Spoiler:

3. have ya change some tiles or replaced some tiles..?

4. What was the original map of your new map..?

- edited -
Hi everyone.., it is me again...
I have a question concerning about movie making...

How can I make some videos from VBA to upload it towards YouTube..?
I can make vids, but I can't upload it to YouTube if the time limit exceeds 30 seconds... :(

Thanks~

Last edited:
Years

- edited -

I can make vids, but I can't upload it to YouTube if the time limit exceeds 30 seconds... :(

Thanks~

I think I can help you with that...
If you make a little movie on VBA you go to tools record start AVI recording (but you know that I think) then you save it and then a little screen pops up..from that screen you can choose many things click the one almost at the top(because of that the quality gets worse but you can rcord longer and the format is much smaller! and so you can upload it on youtube...to upload on youtube make an account and then go to upload video and choose your movie and upload et voila a video on youtube..:)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey, thanks a lot! I'm gonna try it out myself! :D

- edited -
Eh.., I tried two of them but they won't play in Windows Media Player...
WHich one of these suits best?
Spoiler:

Thanks~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Well, I found the answers to my old questions but now I have a new problem.

I want to edit my pokemon sprites but Pokepic refuses to load my Fire Red ROM and unLZ simply doesn't like me.

How can I get PokePic to load my ROM, and if I can't, how can I change Pokemon Sprites without these two Programs or a Hex Editor? =/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
destinedjagold said:
Hey, thanks a lot! I'm gonna try it out myself! :D

- edited -
Eh.., I tried two of them but they won't play in Windows Media Player...
WHich one of these suits best?
Spoiler:

Thanks~

I tend to upload them into a Movie creator such as Windows Movie Maker, then export it from that.

Kurayamiblack said:
Well, I found the answers to my old questions but now I have a new problem.

I want to edit my pokemon sprites but Pokepic refuses to load my Fire Red ROM and unLZ simply doesn't like me.

How can I get PokePic to load my ROM, and if I can't, how can I change Pokemon Sprites without these two Programs or a Hex Editor? =/

Try unLZ.GBA, it should have the Pokemon sprites around 100+

Years
couldn't you just remap the map or arrange the tiles..?

Anyways, I got a question concerning about your problem...

1. If you view the map with A-Map, is the map looking okay but if ya try and play it in VBA it then looks like that..?

2. Did ya saved your state in the same map where you had done some changes..?
Spoiler:

3. have ya change some tiles or replaced some tiles..?

4. What was the original map of your new map..?

- edited -

Thanks~

To answer your questions about my question...

1. Yes, when I view the map in A-Map, it looks fine, but when I test it, the map glitches up.

2. I did use a save-state in the map where the glitch occured, but I entered a house and left, and the map was still glitched. I also started a brand-new file, but the map was still messed up.

3. Yes, I did. But, after I changed the tiles, I altered the blocks and replaced the tiles accordingly.

4. I am going to post this later, as my personal computer is disassembled at the moment (Upgrading from Celeron 500MHz to PIII Tualatin 1.266GHz, but I need a Lin-Lin adaptor, which I ordered, and is coming tomorrow).

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks Blazichu! I finally know how to make videos and it's all because of you, so thanks so much! :D

to Oh A..? Uh.., Blah! to Don patch..,
I will be waiting for your fourth answer then. I wish you good luck on youyr computer upgrade. ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Дон Пач said:
To answer your questions about my question...

1. Yes, when I view the map in A-Map, it looks fine, but when I test it, the map glitches up.

2. I did use a save-state in the map where the glitch occured, but I entered a house and left, and the map was still glitched. I also started a brand-new file, but the map was still messed up.

3. Yes, I did. But, after I changed the tiles, I altered the blocks and replaced the tiles accordingly.

4. I am going to post this later, as my personal computer is disassembled at the moment (Upgrading from Celeron 500MHz to PIII Tualatin 1.266GHz, but I need a Lin-Lin adaptor, which I ordered, and is coming tomorrow).

Most likely it appears to be no. 2, you can copy and paste your rom to a new location in your folders then start a new save state.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Try unLZ.GBA, it should have the Pokemon sprites around 100+
I figured as much, but I can't find them for my life ;_;

Every time I load up the rom I get these wierd, out of color tiles for random things in the game and I tried sorting through them but I either never found the pokemon sprites or I couldn't tell them apart from all the other disfigured objects.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Kurayamiblack said:
I figured as much, but I can't find them for my life ;_;

Every time I load up the rom I get these wierd, out of color tiles for random things in the game and I tried sorting through them but I either never found the pokemon sprites or I couldn't tell them apart from all the other disfigured objects.

The Pokemon begin at 668 in FR(sorry bout the 100+ thing before xD). The palettes of the Pokemon should display the right palettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back