• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo~chan

Lolbot :3
Years
  • How do I do for change the phrase "Green Version" in Pokémon Green ROM Japanese? I try to search this on Tile Molester, but I don't find anythings... and also, How do I do for change palette of the words "POKéMON TM" and "Green Version" Green?
    Thanks ahead for yours reply ^^.
    (screen)
    h*ttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9585/pokegreen202ek4.png

Years
  • I have a problem :(

When I try to insert tiles..(i use a-map)
    the tile I insert looks fine, but all the other tile suddenly looks like this:
    Spoiler:

Could you please help me..
    and if i need to use unlz.gba to change the tiles, can u tell me the number? (A)

thanks in advance as people say
    and merry christmas =)

This is for Firered

Last edited:

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    First off, is this in Ruby or FireRed?

And second off, are you using a tool called SMCA?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years

Spoiler:

and if i need to use unlz.gba to change the tiles, can u tell me the number? (A)

and merry christmas =)

This is for Firered

You've changed the palettes and tilesets too much, it's unfixable now...

Years

Spoiler:

and merry christmas =)

This is for Firered
    Actually Crashink, that is not the problem and it is fixable.

Actually, even though this may seem bad, it is a relatively easy fix (Trust me. I have had this error occur with me in Harmony more times than you can count). First, the problem is that you exported the tileset in a palette that had less than 16 colors. What A-Map did was it replaced the missing colors with the lines that you saw to compensate for them. Now, to fix it, you are going to need a copy of the original tileset, in Palette 0. You will also need the broken tileset, also in Palette 0. With the original tileset, copy all of the tiles that have been ruined and paste them onto the ruined one. Then import, and it is fixed!

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2007
    I probably didn't search enough if I missed it, but;

Is anyone hacking NDS ROMS? (Rangers, D&P and such) Is hacking different from hacking GBA ROMS?

Years
  • Actually Crashink, that is not the problem and it is fixable.

Actually, even though this may seem bad, it is a relatively easy fix (Trust me. I have had this error occur with me in Harmony more times than you can count). First, the problem is that you exported the tileset in a palette that had less than 16 colors. What A-Map did was it replaced the missing colors with the lines that you saw to compensate for them. Now, to fix it, you are going to need a copy of the original tileset, in Palette 0. You will also need the broken tileset, also in Palette 0. With the original tileset, copy all of the tiles that have been ruined and paste them onto the ruined one. Then import, and it is fixed!

Thanks a lot! :P
    It worked! x)

merry christmas! every1

Years
    • Seen today
    I have a question.

When I use PokéScript's Bufrite program to compile a script by doing:

I right click on the RBC file and click on compile script. It then takes em to a program selection screen, which from there, I have to find the right program, Bufrite. Well, when I select it from 'Browse', it just doesn't appear on the program list. So, I can't use it to compile the scripts.

Is that too confusing? If so, I'm currently uploading a video to YouTube demonstrating my problem.

EDIT:
    Video of Problem Here

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • K
    Question....No
    Problem...here goes.
    I am having warping troubles..
    Here are the maps in which I am having trouble

Spoiler:

Ok the Red Circle means that it will not let me warp...
    I checked the connections and they are all fine but,
    when I walk up to the warp it will not warp me...

The yellow cricle means that when I Warp out of the blue house...
    That is where I end up...

Map 2
    Spoiler:

The red circle indacated that once I warp into the map I cannot warp out...

Map 3
    Spoiler:

The red circle indacates thaat The warp will not let me warp...
    Same problem as above...

Final Map
    Spoiler:

Whoops!
    The Red Circle is supposed to be at the other cave opening....
    But anyway it indacates that I cannot warp using that warp once I have
    warped into the map....

Well Help would be greatly appriciated!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    to warp out of a cave, use the right tile for the job. I can't have an example as of now...

my question, what's wrong with my pokescript..?
    whenever I right click an '.rbc' extension file, click 'Compile', it will compile for a couple of MILIseconds, and then stops and the compiler shows me a blank-white result. It failed to compile, and yet, I found no errors whatsoever in the script I made...

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    Blazikendude - Check your warps again. Go inside the house that's there and check the number of the warp, then go back to the outside and check that one's too. That happens if it can't find the correct warp.

And secondly, certain warps don't activate unless there's a script that allows them to. Like for the mountains, the warps that don't work, you put them infront of the entrance with a script tile that allows them to activate the warp. I just avoid them by making a ladder instead of a cave entrance.

Destinedjagold - Try another script to compile, and see if the same thing happens. It may just be the script.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I already asked thethethethe about the script, and he said that there are no problems with the script, And so I came to a conclusion that my compiler is the one that went crazy @_@

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The animation of a moving truck can't be removed, but you can simply remap the area. ;)

- edited -
    my question... since I can't compile/insert new scripts now with a broken compiler, can I use Diamond Cutter instead..? A friend of mine said that I should try it, but I don't know...

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I know this would some sort of dumb but i did searched.

Here it goes...

How do you change trainers backpics in pokemon FR/LG?

-Unit - Merry Christmas and Flame Shield On
    c2.jpg

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    TIle Molester is your answer. ;)
    It may be difficult, though, for you'll have to match the colours right... :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back