• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvatamelon

Elite 4 Ice Ryan
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Hey guys how do i edit pokemon that trainers have like gym leaders rivals and such?

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Ach.. sorry. Running a slim. Don't particularly want to run it on CPU. Not too slow, just.. want to be able to use a hand-held.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
no.. its a response to the reply to my question.

edit:
Here's a question - Is there a Fire Red tool that allows you to edit the moves and what they do in-game as well as what pokemon appear where and what sprites they have? Or for that matter, one to alter the trainers sprite, what is said in conversations, or what moves pokemon in inventory or in the wild know / come with?
I'm looking for a tool or several tools that do all that for gba fire red, in a tard-proof program (cause when it comes to hex and all that I'm like Ray Charles in the Louve - I don't have an effing clue.) similar to Hackmew's A-starter.
(I tried using hackmew's other tools .. but they did nothing for me. Maybe if I could get thethethethe's item editor to work for FR/LG..)
And, preferably one that dosen't involve patching the ROM afterwards.. being as I can't do that for some reason.
Links?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
no.. its a response to the reply to my question.

edit:
Here's a question - Is there a Fire Red tool that allows you to edit the moves and what they do in-game as well as what pokemon appear where and what sprites they have? Or for that matter, one to alter the trainers sprite, what is said in conversations, or what moves pokemon in inventory or in the wild know / come with?
I'm looking for a tool or several tools that do all that for gba fire red, in a tard-proof program (cause when it comes to hex and all that I'm like Ray Charles in the Louve - I don't have an effing clue.) similar to Hackmew's A-starter.
(I tried using hackmew's other tools .. but they did nothing for me. Maybe if I could get thethethethe's item editor to work for FR/LG..)
And, preferably one that dosen't involve patching the ROM afterwards.. being as I can't do that for some reason.
Links?

First of all, to play any hacked ROM, made by someone else, you need a patcher, it isn't hard, just get LunarIPS.
And it is probably your PSP... Slim's are a bit odd, you are pretty much confined to a PC when it comes to ROM gaming, sorry.
About your other questions... I'll give you a link to a box of all of the items. Like an EXE file that puts all of the tools you need onto the desktop! (If that is where you put the installer...)

First off, you need A-map, it allows you to edit Where pokemon Show up in the Pokemon World. (IE, Grass, Water, Caves...)

2nd, you need YAPE, it is probably the best Pokemon Editor in the world.
It will allow you to edit what the attacks of each pokemon are, and Much more extras.

3rd, you need IconED, to edit Pokemon icons (The things you see in the Pokemon Menu.)

4th, you need XSE, the Best script editor ever created, and is still getting better. This will let you make scripts, and make your own conversations.

5th, you need A-text, if you can get it to work, it will allow you to edit the text tha is already in the game, just hit the search button in the program to find the text you want to edit!.

6th, you need unLZgba, a more difficult program if you dont know what you are doing... but If done correctly, you can use it to change the trainers pictures (Sprites) that you see in battle, as well as the pokemon's pictures, and much more, like the title screen, and textbox decorations!

7th, you need Overworld-RE, this is a program that lets you edit the Charachters on the map. (Your person,other trainers...) (I also have a question about this at the bottom of the post!)

8th, you want to have Trainer Edit, or PET (I'll include both for good measure.)
But I suggest waiting for A-Trainer, a trainer editor being made by the creator of XSE, HackMew.

9th... lets throw ShinyHackMaker v.2 in there for good luck, this allows you to make a shiny pokemon appear in a battle, egg, battle by a trainer, or given by person!

Ok... here is the pack...
(All of the programs in this Pack are Copyrighted by there owners, and I take no credit for them being made, I just packed them up...)

(I put it in 2 parts since the ZIP would be to large...)
View attachment 43998
View attachment 43999

If the files are deleted for some reason, PM me and I will Send them to you.

And now my Problem with Overworld RE...
When I start it up, it starts fine, but the entire program is a bit funky... View Attached picture to see what I mean... anyone can help please?

View attachment 43997

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
When I start it up, it starts fine, but the entire program is a bit funky... View Attached picture to see what I mean... anyone can help please?

Does it always happen? Or does it happen only sometimes?
Did you try closing any other program to see if it matters?

Years
Okay, when I load up my ROM, I'm in my house. All fine and dandy. Then, when I exit my house into the edited town, an error pops up and the screen goes black. The error says:

Unsupported ARM mode 14

If I press OK it just pops up again, saying the same thing. Please help me!

P.S. It happened to me on my other ROM, so I got a fresh ROM and edited the map exactly the same, but it still came up with the error when I exit my house!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Okay, when I load up my ROM, I'm in my house. All fine and dandy. Then, when I exit my house into the edited town, an error pops up and the screen goes black. The error says:

Unsupported ARM mode 14

If I press OK it just pops up again, saying the same thing. Please help me!

P.S. It happened to me on my other ROM, so I got a fresh ROM and edited the map exactly the same, but it still came up with the error when I exit my house!

If you edited it exactly the same, then it's obvious you shoudl tell us what did you actually edit, and how.

Years
I literally just made a forest. A big forest with one script, two warps and five people. One man, three cut-trees and the man's ABRA. The script basically makes you receive some items and a Houndour when you step on it, and before, it did work. The man, his ABRA and the cut-trees all work fine, and the grass that would have wild Pokémon was fine. But now it isn't working. I edited Pallet Town's slot, though I resized it, changed a tileset, change the border block's width, so it sin't vaguely like Pallet Town. I've edited the music for it, making it Viridian Forest's music, changed the Type: to Route, and everything should be fine. But the error still pops up.

Edit: Oh, and I can't close VBA after that, so I have to reboot my computer. >=(

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Run time error 9 is still working i'm sure that i got hackmew's version the latest one in his toolbox but it still doesn't work my computer doesn't have print screen instead it has an insert button with prt sc under it so can anybody help....

I know that no one has asked this question because i was the one who posted it :P

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Okay, I've searched and found nothing, so....

I have a problem, upon entering towns and
routes, the Name doesn't show in the upper left corner.
I have tried "show name", Show Village Names" and "Show city names",
but neither have worked.
Why does the name not show?

//44tim44

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I literally just made a forest. A big forest with one script, two warps and five people. One man, three cut-trees and the man's ABRA. The script basically makes you receive some items and a Houndour when you step on it, and before, it did work. The man, his ABRA and the cut-trees all work fine, and the grass that would have wild Pokémon was fine. But now it isn't working. I edited Pallet Town's slot, though I resized it, changed a tileset, change the border block's width, so it sin't vaguely like Pallet Town. I've edited the music for it, making it Viridian Forest's music, changed the Type: to Route, and everything should be fine. But the error still pops up.

Edit: Oh, and I can't close VBA after that, so I have to reboot my computer. >=(

Did you edit the level script(s), perhaps?
Also, when does the error come up? As soon as you enter the map or when?

Run time error 9 is still working i'm sure that i got HackMew's version the latest one in his toolbox but it still doesn't work my computer doesn't have print screen instead it has an insert button with prt sc under it so can anybody help....

I know that no one has asked this question because i was the one who posted it :P

Could you tell me what did you exactly, step by step?
Also, for the Print Screen problem... just Google it.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
yes i can, i opened up the rebirth edition loaded up a leafgreen ROM and then when the image of the player comes up and i put my mouse over the palletes it looks like this
Spoiler:

Sorry for the poor quality and none of those prt scrn things work :P thanks anyway though

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
<clipped to save space>

View attachment 43997

Arigato Gozimas! and the same thing happens to me in overworld. I thought maybe it was just that I'm a tard when it comes to programming.
To answer your initial question, yes I'm using a slim... but I don't have any problems using any stock, bone-dry roms.. or even fire-red after I change the starters.
To answer your Lunar IPS statement...
well, the problem is.. I tried using LIPS, and I tried using WinIPS, using the correct ROM, and all I get is a white screen. It's kinda like "bricking" your rom. (pardon my language).
finally, thank you again for the tools. I'm looking forward to going through them.
(I'll try testing them one by one to see if any will "brick" a rom. A friendly warning out there for any other psp slim users running gpSP.)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
yes i can, i opened up the rebirth edition loaded up a leafgreen ROM and then when the image of the player comes up and i put my mouse over the palletes it looks like this
Spoiler:

Sorry for the poor quality and none of those prt scrn things work :P thanks anyway though

Well, read the PM I sent you please.

vvatamelon

Elite 4 Ice Ryan
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
hey guys where can i download the program for what people say in pokemon firered and also where can i get a copie of a-map because i want to change one of the people in the gym to my rival so i can battle him anyone know how to do this?

EDIT: hey guys im thinking of makign a hack of red/blue and can i use PET to edit trainers in red/blue?

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
hey guys where can i download the program for what people say in pokemon firered and also where can i get a copie of a-map because i want to change one of the people in the gym to my rival so i can battle him anyone know how to do this?

EDIT: hey guys im thinking of makign a hack of red/blue and can i use PET to edit trainers in red/blue?
1 and 2: You can get Advance-Text (to change the text of what people say) and Advance-Map in Whack a Hack! (the Herramientas section). You should just look for them yourself; there's a "Toolbox" area to the forum.

And no, you can not use PET with Red/Blue. The ROMs are COMPLETELY different. -_-

vvatamelon

Elite 4 Ice Ryan
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
so then what program can i use to edit the trainers pokemon in red/blue i searched and couldnt find anything..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back