• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvatamelon

Elite 4 Ice Ryan
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
ok so i think i will just stick with making it a hack of fire red/leaf green

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
UGH! let's try this AGAIN... (typing this out a second time around)
ok.. I've tried the tools detailed, and here's what I found.
(tested on two seperate, unaltered ROMS - fire red and leaf green)
1. YAPE - "Error Loading ROM. Error Reading Base Stats."
2. Advance Text311 - Opens ROM, but I can't seem to find text s at all. Is there some kind of guide for idiots that I can read?
3. PET - I open either ROM and the program seems not to realize that there is a ROM loaded. I try to click the arrows at the top and get a "runtime error '6' Overflow"
4. Overworld Editor - Error Message "Error 9 (Subscript out of range) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor" (I think this would require a Newbs guide too. When it DID work for me, a couple days ago.. the images were all messed up. Strangely, it'll open Chaos Black and Shiny Gold.)
5. XSE - Rubikon Code Files? When I switch to *.gba format, it dosen't do anything when I open it, just gives me a blank line 0001.. I feel like the proverbial 2 year old with the scissors and a long haired brother snoozin' on the sofa..
6. A-Map 1.92 - Beautiful, but again with the two year old and the scissors and the long hair... I've got no idea how to work this... well enough...
7. IconED - you gave me two copies of unLZgba...
8. unLZgba - I get images but they're totally screwed up. Application closes when I have one ROM open and try to browse for another to open.
9. ShinyHackMaker v.2 - cool?

Advance thanks for any help..

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
5. XSE - Rubikon Code Files? When I switch to *.gba format, it dosen't do anything when I open it, just gives me a blank line 0001.. I feel like the proverbial 2 year old with the scissors and a long haired brother snoozin' on the sofa..
6. A-Map 1.92 - Beautiful, but again with the two year old and the scissors and the long hair... I've got no idea how to work this... well enough...
5. It's for scripting. Make a script and insert it. Also open other scripts ingame by setting the script editor in AM.
6. Wow. Just click and change the tiles. O.o

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
UGH! let's try this AGAIN... (typing this out a second time around)
ok.. I've tried the tools detailed, and here's what I found.
(tested on two seperate, unaltered ROMS - fire red and leaf green)
1. YAPE - "Error Loading ROM. Error Reading Base Stats."
2. Advance Text311 - Opens ROM, but I can't seem to find text s at all. Is there some kind of guide for idiots that I can read?
3. PET - I open either ROM and the program seems not to realize that there is a ROM loaded. I try to click the arrows at the top and get a "runtime error '6' Overflow"
4. Overworld Editor - Error Message "Error 9 (Subscript out of range) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor" (I think this would require a Newbs guide too. When it DID work for me, a couple days ago.. the images were all messed up. Strangely, it'll open Chaos Black and Shiny Gold.)

Advance thanks for any help..

1- Make sure you have ComboListBox.dll, MappedComboBox.dll, and NumericTextBox.dll stored in the same folder of YAPE.

For all other questions, I am not sure how to answer them. However, try downloadind the tools from another source; Click here: Tools

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Yeah. I just needed to play with A-map a bit.
Thanks for the alternate tools source!
ComboListBox.dll, MappedComboBox.dll, and NumericTextBox.dll are all found in the same folder as yape... is there something else wrong with it? or something I'm not doing right? It'll open Chaos Black.. and probablly shiny gold.. but why not any of my unaltered ROMs?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yeah. I just needed to play with A-map a bit.
Thanks for the alternate tools source!
ComboListBox.dll, MappedComboBox.dll, and NumericTextBox.dll are all found in the same folder as yape... is there something else wrong with it? or something I'm not doing right? It'll open Chaos Black.. and probablly shiny gold.. but why not any of my unaltered ROMs?

Did you actually check the ROM version of the ROMs you're trying to hack?
If you don't know how to find that out, simply use RHEA. You can get it from my Tools Factory.

You should be aware that err... most lazy programmers don't care about anything but US English ROMs, version 1.0. So if you have a different dump, the offsets are going to be different, hence some tools may not work properly.

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
Years
srry for not helping anyone but is it possible to make an exact replica of d/p with a rom of firered or leafgreen or ruby or sapphiire or ruby or most preferrably emerald? Like all the biuldings are the same all the text is the same everything is the same the music all that just an exaact replica (maybe not the tiles but yeah just the gameplay) also is it possible to change the pokemon cry? such as changing cyndaquil to a...uhh idk arcceus will it be possible or no because noo hack ever has it so im thinking nooo.... but just asking

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
Years
hey i know this is kinda a noobish question...but i cant seem to find the script for prof oak, at the begining of FR, when you first go into his lab and he telling you to pick a pokemon, if anyone couold tell me how to find it, preferably using advance map and XSE, because i cant use advance text.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Did you actually check the ROM version of the ROMs you're trying to hack?
If you don't know how to find that out, simply use RHEA. You can get it from my Tools Factory.

You should be aware that err... most lazy programmers don't care about anything but US English ROMs, version 1.0. So if you have a different dump, the offsets are going to be different, hence some tools may not work properly.

Aye, I'm running BPRE English .. but version 1.1. Would it offset things that badly? I mean what version is most current?
All I really wanna do at this point is change what the opening introduction says and what oak says at the beginning.. maybe the entire opening sequence before you actually gain control of your character. best tool for that, anyone?

Arigato

edit:
dingbat proof tool, please.. aka no script or hex.

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Aye, I'm running BPRE English .. but version 1.1. Would it offset things that badly? I mean what version is most current?
All I really wanna do at this point is change what the opening introduction says and what oak says at the beginning.. maybe the entire opening sequence before you actually gain control of your character. best tool for that, anyone?

Arigato

edit:
dingbat proof tool, please.. aka no script or hex.

Well, version 1.1 is used, but a lot of hackers use 1.0, so try that. Most patches are for version 1.0, too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

To change the text at the beginning, you need Advance Text.
^(My Advance Text)

The opening like, the title screen you mean? If so, go to Thethethethe's Title screen tutorial.

If you want to script, download XSE from this source; XSE
Also, go to the Documents, and Tutorials Section, to find scripting tutorials on XSE.
Hex editing is used in changing almost any aspect in the ROM. So, you could look around, and find some Hex tutorials.
Hope that helps.

Raizaiel

Well, I'll be conflabbed!
Years
Hello all. What can I do to edit the order in which the badges go?
I'm assuming hex, but I'd prefer something easier if it exists.
If it's hex I'm stuck with, would you send a tutorial for hexnoobs this way? :>

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2011
[Question]

Hi....

I've used the search, type "pokemon ruby intro hack tutorial", but unable to find what I'm looking for. Please help me redirect to the tutorial below.

Looking for this tut:

- Change the 4 pokemon sprite battling in Ruby intro.
- Change the trainer throwing the pokeball sprite [ FOUND ].
- Change prof.oak to different sprite.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Okay, I've searched and found nothing, so....

I have a problem, upon entering towns and
routes, the Name doesn't show in the upper left corner.
I have tried "show name", Show Village Names" and "Show city names",
but neither have worked.
Why does the name not show?

//44tim44

Which ROM are you using? Try making a new game and see if the name appears. I've had the same problem with Emerald, if I entered the first route the names wouldn't appear, I didn't look to see what was causing it though. There may be a map that makes the names not appear.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Well, version 1.1 is used, but a lot of hackers use 1.0, so try that. Most patches are for version 1.0, too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

To change the text at the beginning, you need Advance Text.
^(My Advance Text)

The opening like, the title screen you mean? If so, go to Thethethethe's title screen tutorial.

If you want to script, download XSE from this source; XSE
Also, go to the Documents, and tutorials section, to find scripting tutorials on XSE.
Hex editing is used in changing almost any aspect in the ROM. So, you could look around, and find some Hex tutorials.
Hope that helps.

Arigato Gozimasu.
Problem with Advance Text:
Seems to be corrected by the version you have supplied.
Thank you so very much.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Oh, I have another question: What does the error message "index of the scanning line exceeded the range" mean in Advance Map? I notice it mainly happens in new maps I've inserted.
That sometimes happens to me too! Here's what you do:
1.YOu have to make a new map...Sorry:D
2.DON'T resize it at the start-First delete ALL the scripts within the map(person, Sign...)
3.Then Resize it, and you are free to map!

Raizaiel

Well, I'll be conflabbed!
Years
That sometimes happens to me too! Here's what you do:
1.YOu have to make a new map...Sorry:D
2.DON'T resize it at the start-First delete ALL the scripts within the map(person, Sign...)
3.Then Resize it, and you are free to map!

Thanks a lot! Yeah, it's fine, I was just making copies of the Pokemon Center and Pokemart.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Is there a way to remove inserted maps in advance map?
--from header
---Route 1
----3.19 (route one)
----4.4 (map I want to remove)
how do I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back