• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I already tried it, nout
thats why I said it doesnt exist

Haven't tried very hard. Search Pokemon Sappy Download. It DOES exist. The first link may be a video tutorial, but has downloads for it, and should have a link to a vid in the list that allows it to work on Vista... Kinda.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Does anybody have the complete overworld tileset (not the characters, the world itself, such as buildings, etc.) for any of the first two Pokemon generations?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yes, I know, but it shows them on a map, I wanted them as a sheet.

You know what, I'm going back there, if anyone has it, please pass it on to me through PMs.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Does anyone know where in TLP, Tilemolester, etc. where, in Emerald I can find the offset for the "text" I want to edit the PokéYen/PokéDollars into a $ sign and I want to widen the lowercase "m". I've looked multiple times, haven't found it.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Does anyone know where in TLP, Tilemolester, etc. where, in Emerald I can find the offset for the "text" I want to edit the PokéYen/PokéDollars into a $ sign and I want to widen the lowercase "m". I've looked multiple times, haven't found it.

I'm fairly sure it's compressed in FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald. :(

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
i'm having trouble with emerald. when i open it on vba, it crashes, and in a-map, it looks all glitchy.

also, how do i expand tilesets?

1. You likely have a corrupted ROM.

2. To expand tilesets, you must open them and edit them in Photoshop or whatever you use.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Depends what he meant by expanding tilesets. If he meant amount of blocks that are used in Advance Map, you go (in Block Editor) to Blocks - Change Block Data, then change the number to a higher one (the limit is shown). if you meant the Tileset where you insert the tiles in Tile Inserting, there is... No way so far technically. Unless you are incredibly skilled with Hex and repointing. Editing in Photoshop changes how many look like are there, but not the technical data in the ROM, as there aren't the correct pointers and stuff.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

If I remember correctly, you need to choose 2BPP Linear to see them.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I have been trying to figure this out for a long time now, and I feel Like I am really close, but I need some help.

I was able to deduce for the title screen, that the F slot for the pallets are stored at 0x020377D8 ( which is in the WRAM)

I went to logging and click SWI and DMA 3. The after the pallets where loaded I searched for 0x020377D8.

I took me to this line:
CpuSet: 0x08eae094,0x020377d8,0x00000010 (VCOUNT=11)
I searched 0x08eae094 in a hex editor, but it didn't exist. So I flipped it, and search for the pointer, <94E0EA08>. I found it, and it took me to an area where there where a lot of pointers. I tried changing <94E0EA08> to a pointer where there was only free space; but then I checked the game and nothing changed.

Here is some data after then line with the 0x020377d8 (Mabey it might help)
Spoiler:

The offset also appears on this line:
CpuSet: 0x08eae094,0x020377d8,0x00000010 (VCOUNT=205)
Nothing new for me to experiment with.

Here is some data after that line also:
Spoiler:

So dose anybody know what I should do next, or dose anybody know Where in the rom dose it say which pallet to load to 0x020377D8?

help is greatly appreciated.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
If I remember correctly, you need to choose 2BPP Linear to see them.
Thank you that worked, I found 'em, but, I can't get them to line up properly (not sure what to make the canvas size) and I don't wanna screw up any letters I don't intend on changing. They're around "63E030".

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
does anybody know were i can find back and shiny sprites of hg and ss pokemon sprites. i tryed google all i find was font sprites and i tryed searching on here but still don't find anything.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
I need some help fixing up my script. I'm trying to make the Karate Master give out a tyrogue and can get the Pokemon to work but everytime I take one step the ball reappears. I don't want it to reappear. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Heres the script I'm using:
Spoiler:

And the program I'm using is a mix of A-map and XSE

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I need some help fixing up my script. I'm trying to make the Karate Master give out a tyrogue and can get the Pokemon to work but everytime I take one step the ball reappears. I don't want it to reappear. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Heres the script I'm using:
Spoiler:

And the program I'm using is a mix of A-map and XSE
Try posting that over here.

..or, I can tell you how to fix it here. You have to set a flag in the script, and then (in A-map) put the flag number you used as the Pokeball's Person ID. Then it won't come back.

In the future, though, use the Script Help thread for scripts, pl0x.

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys, i am working on a enlish hack of ruby and Was wonderin what the Unlz number for professsor birch was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back