• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
There was more to it than your simplified explanation, Kanto, lol.

It actually switches to anime not really as often as it used to XD;
I'll take your word for it, but it really doesn't seem any more complicated than that from an outsiders point of view. It just looks biased and uncalled for. If you can't change the topic (or make a sub topic) in a thread that's supposed to encourage multiple topics to be discussed, what's the point in the thread?

Echoing what Bloodex said, I don't watch anime or read manga either. I tend to watch TV shows on the internet from BBC's and Channel 4's websites instead of on the actual TV in my room (which I should really start doing tbh).

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wait, I lied, I used to read the Naruto manga after my friend kept pestering me to. And I did like it. But apparently Naruto's lame? >>

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah you'll have to take my word for it.

Dipu Live likes Naruto so I don't think anyone's allowed to call it lame in the DCC, hahah.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm becoming more and more like him everyday =D

Well, I did stop reading about a year ago. I think the furthest I got was when Sazuke beat Itachi. Boy, was that intense.

droomph

weeb
Years
I will honestly say that I simply don't watch anime, nor do I read manga.

I do watch other TV shows, though. I'm in the middle of Psych season 3. You guys should look it up, it's funny as hell. =D

anime_excalibure-soulEater.gif

Yeah, I don't watch anime or read manga. But it's not like I'm against it! I just haven't been shown enough coolios anime or manga series to enjoy it :P

Also, I feel manga is kinda messy, but please enlighten me :)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I will honestly say that I simply don't watch anime, nor do I read manga.

I do watch other TV shows, though. I'm in the middle of Psych season 3. You guys should look it up, it's funny as hell. =D
As I've gotten out of high school I find I really don't have the urge to watch anime or read manga as much. Every now and then I will look up a short anime series or movie on Netflix to watch, but I don't choose anything that is gonna be a major commitment.

I'm really all about primetime TV now XD Those are my shows.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
As I've gotten out of high school I find I really don't have the urge to watch anime or read manga as much. Every now and then I will look up a short anime series or movie on Netflix to watch, but I don't choose anything that is gonna be a major commitment.

I'm really all about primetime TV now XD Those are my shows.

I have really lost interest in a lot of the prime time shows that air where I live now. They all end up being the same and half of them get a huge build up and then get canned in a few episodes anyway.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I have really lost interest in a lot of the prime time shows that air where I live now. They all end up being the same and half of them get a huge build up and then get canned in a few episodes anyway.
Well I have a few that I've been a fan of for a while that are still on: Fringe (on its 5th seasons), Doctor Who (on its 7th season since reboot), True Blood (just finished it's 5th season), Supernatural (on its 8th season), American Horror Story (on its 2nd season), Damages (just finished it's 5th season), Mad Men (just finished it's 5th season)...so many more that I could name but it would get a little annoying. XD

Anyway, my point is, I think there are tons of quality primetime shows that are still airing right now.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Gintama is the best anime ever. Period. No competition.
Care to explain further?

I really don't like when people say "this show is the best show ever". I feel like there are so many different genres of shows (I think animated/live action doesn't make a difference) that is hard to say "show A is number 1, and even though show b is a totally different type of show...show a still wins no matter what".

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Anyway, my point is, I think there are tons of quality primetime shows that are still airing right now.
And most of the good ones are yet to start airing until later this month/early next month. I'm starting to have Breaking Bad withdrawal symptoms, as its last episode of the season aired last night! And it was reeeeeeeeally good, as well. :D

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
With stuff like that, "the best" doesn't exist, since everyone has different tastes. I could say Angel Beats is the best anime because I loved it but someone else might of hated it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Sorry, Zero and Ice Car, but my opinion is better than yours!! Fullmetal da bess of dem all.

In all seriousness though, I haven't watched enough anime to really say which is 'best' in my opinion.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like Fate/Zero and Angel Beats! best. c:

I just love Angel Beats you guys, you really don't understand

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I really couldn't tell you like Angel Beats, Toujie. Please, drop some more subliminal hints that I probably won't pick up on. x3

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Key animes are pretty sad... Clannad After Story is pretty awesome.

Hayate No Gotoku is also pretty good, it's like Gintama but veering more onto the moe side of things.

Here's just some random stuff from Gintama. If you can't tell, this anime is really weird. Story is non-existent, boatloads of pop-culture references and a clear focus on comedy. It doesn't take itself very seriously at all.

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
And most of the good ones are yet to start airing until later this month/early next month. I'm starting to have Breaking Bad withdrawal symptoms, as its last episode of the season aired last night! And it was reeeeeeeeally good, as well. :D
September is seriously my favorite time of the year because of Fall premieres. I just really hope I can keep up with my schoolwork and trying to figure out what shows I'm gonna stick with throughout the seasons. September is so crazy cause I'm watching so many new shows, plus the shows I already watch, and trying to figure out which ones I think are worth keeping on my DVR list. Ugh. I'm such a TV addict. XD I should post a picture of my TV on DVD collection...you'd probably think I have a problem though. XDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back