• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Hard-Mode! [ONE SPOT AVAILABLE] [OOC]

Years
  • Hey there! Are there any more spots open for this RP? It looks really interesting and Hoenn is in my top 3 of Pokemon regions. If there are, I could have a sign up prepared by the end of the day.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • @Cobalt: Sorry bud but we're all full atm, I'll let you know if a slot opens up!

doge

???
    Years
  • Actually, I think I'll be dropping out of the RP, so there's that slot! I've realized that I've sort of spread myself thin with other obligations and I won't really have the time to RP as much as I want. If there are other people who want my spot and will be able to RP more frequently I'd rather they have it. Anyways, I'll still be reading the thread to see where this goes but I won't be participating anymore.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Well I think for the first encounter we could have an event where Team Aqua is trying to catch that Relicanth in Oldale Town like in the anime. My character and Connie could team up to take Team Aqua down then with our Treecko and Slakoth (Respectively). Then, at the same time, Team Magma could be trying to catch a Magcargo in Oldale Town that is running away from them, and for that the people that could team up to stop them would be Haley (Mudkip), Lillith (Meditite), and Veevee's character (Torchic) whenever they join the RP with their SU.

Veevee could have Torchic since Doge dropped out, and if Cobalt comes back he could have the 6th bonus slot. I think that solves all our problems at once.

EDIT: Oh, and if Cobalt does join in the 6th bonus slot and catches up to us in Oldale Town in the future then he could team up with Connie and Scottie to take down Team Aqua. Then the teams would be even and each 3 trio of trainers would work together throughout the Roleplay and Hoenn region to take down each team respectively.

Connie, Scottie, and (Possibly Cobalt's Character) VS. Team Aqua throughout the Roleplay

Haley, Lillith, and (Veevee's Character) VS. Team Magma throughout the Roleplay

Anyway I am going to see Terminator Genysis in 30 minutes at the theatres with my dad. I will make my second post in Route 101 later after I have been VM'ed my Dice Roll, OP OOC updated with my character's information, and once I am ready to post it. See you guys later!

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Yeah that's basically the general idea Village! I don't know if I want both Team's to be in the same area at once so I may just alternate when they take place!

Years
  • That could work, if everyone's okay with the teams. Or we could make new teams for every event, so long as everyone gets a turn.

But I agree that both teams shouldn't be in the same town. If they got word that the other team was nearby, they wouldn't bother with some rookie kids, they'd either fight each other or retreat.

Also, Jordan would be too nervous to face them yet. Team Magma sounds really scary!

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    ANSWERING THE ONE FROM IC ::: Oh, sorry, I actually misinterpreted the 'Depending on the number you receive you have to incorporate the scenario into your next chapter at some point.' but forgot to change that. xD (Because er, how will you know if you have to kill a (random) party member? Mentally? oao)

oh i can keep doing that dice materializing thing? awesome!

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: Yeah, my thoughts exactly! I think it'd be cool to rotate the groups so everyone gets a chance to interact with one another!

@Ricochett: My original thoughts were that the Pokémon would just end up dying, like there's a very slight chance that it could happen everytime a Pokémon faints but if you rather the dice actually appearing I'm completely fine with that!

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Yeah, and it doesn't have to go by a specific set like I mentioned. Also all of us could face both teams at different points with each of us being on different teams with each other at said points, and Team Magma could actually show up somewhere else so it makes more sense. I think it's a great idea. :D

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Thanks for giving me the extension, here it is.

Name: Sean Brunelle

Appearance: Sean is a light-skinned person who stands at about 5'8". He has short, chestnut-colored hair that he gets to slightly tilt forward so that it goes slightly past his hairline, but he has a lot of it so that it appears very smooth. His body (mostly his face) is sparingly dotted with freckles, not many of them, but they still exist. He has a decently muscular and agile lower body. Otherwise, he basically looks how you would expect a slim 22-year old man to look. He also always seems to carry a black messenger's bag lined with red that he used to use for his job, but now will probably use it to store items.

Personality: Sean is pretty unique, compared to the other residents of Verdanturf Town, but that's definitely not in a bad way. He definitely has a lot of personality. The most well-known thing about him is that he likes change. He hates to fall into boring patterns, and likes to be always-moving and spontaneous. Some people see him as adventurous because of this, and although that's not entirely why, it is true. He is curious about the world, and wants to explore it all - or at least Hoenn, for now.

If you encounter him, you'll know that he's not exactly laid-back. He's always wanting to do the next step, and often plans ahead. Although the Verdanturf lifestyle has somewhat sealed that aspect of him away, one could imagine that it would work it's way back into him during his journey, now that he actually can act like that. On that note, he can easily be made to act how other people want him to, which is part of why the aforementioned trait was "sealed away".

He's slightly athletic, as he likes to run and bike, but not much more than that. Sean is pretty social, but he can often start to ramble about things people don't really care about. As he kind of is, he can also come off as impatient or slightly annoying. He likes to make people laugh, and he's pretty good at it.

Sean had wanted to become a Pokemon Trainer since an early age, even with the potential death involved. His history has strengthened his want for this greatly. Overall, he's an energetic but impatient person with good intentions.

History: Verdanturf Town isn't exactly the first place that would come to mind if you thought about the hometown of Sean. But it's true, he was born in raised in this small town down south of Rusturf Tunnel. Of course, that didn't mean he liked it there. Sean was always itching to go out and explore - or at least see things other than a cave, grass, flowers, and a tiny little town. He needed some change in his life. But that didn't come for a long time.

Until then, he spent his childhood like most others would, he was home-schooled by his parents like most other people in Verdanturf, save for those who were sent off elsewhere to go to a true school. This isn't saying he wasn't taught well, though, as his father had studied under a Pokemon Professor for a few years after schooling. This made Sean wonder about becoming a Pokemon Trainer, since he had been taght a lot about the species.

Blatantly, he was bored in Verdanturf. His adventurous side wanted to get out even more. Endless days of watching the action (or lack thereof) on the bordering Route, evenings of channel surfing, but he found nothing. He did stop and watch some programs about Pokemon battling, although his parents did not allow him to due to Pokemon often dying. But like any kid would, he did it anyway. His intrest climbed even higher as he did this.

Really, he was the only one in Verdanturf who even had the slightest intrest. Everyone was so peaceful, they couldn't stand to even think about death. Everyone often considered him a little crazy, even insane at times. Eventually, even his own parents told him to give up on this "wacky dream of his".

And that was how it went for many years. He never did give up, but he knew his parents wouldn't let him do such a thing in a million years. So that was how he ended up as a merchant for a few years, selling items to Trainers on Route 117 that he deeply envied, but of course he never said anything. He wanted to, but his parents would probably kill him. Even though he was an adult and they didn't really have control over him anymore, Sean always had trouble confessing things in front of his parents.

So on and on life went once again, in the same boring loop. He wished strongly for a change. But even if he could become a Trainer, where would he get his Pokemon? That was the main problem, he would sound like an idiot if he confessed to his parents and didn't know that simple answer.

Day after day, he sold his ware to the traveling Trainers, and night after night he tuned in to the local stations and watch the Gym battles that he picked up from nearby towns. The national broadcasts of League challenges were the best of all, he could watch the most amazing Trainers in the region dish it out in always-intresting battles that never ceased to amaze. He had gotten his own place by then, a nice little house near the border of Verdanturf. But other than that and his job, nothing had really changed since childhood. He still had the same ambition, but he still had the same boredom.

He wanted to talk to somebody, but he couldn't. Nobody in Verdanturf felt the way he did, even after all those years.

Sean wanted to at least leave Verdanturf. He barely had a clue what was beyond, as he had only heard accounts from customers and assorted pictures of the rest of the region. But his job held him back. If he left, he would have a supplier, and then he wouldn't have a job, and then he wouldn't have money. But one day, that all changed.

By overhearing a conversation between two girls, he found out that Professor Birch was giving five people the chance to become Pokemon Trainers. He didn't care about the details, just how to sign up. Once he found out how, he bolted out and did just that. He had no clue about the task of the Pokedex.

But he got chosen. And now anything could happen.

Pokémon: I think I'm going with the bonus slot thing. I'm excited and scared at the same time. (I know we talked about this, but I actually may want the Torchic. Am I allowed to decide after I find out what the bonus slot would give me for this?)

RP Sample:
    Ring... ring... ring!

Sean, who was now awake, thrusted a limp arm at the blaring alarm clock and tried to find the Snooze button. But it wasn't there, and the clock rang on. Where was the dang button?

He really didn't want to get up into another boring Verdanturf day. It was always the same - get up, get to work, and then mindlessly try to kill time after that. He really didn't want to sell things all - the house was paid off, he had food, and really, he didn't need anything else at the time. Sean desperately looked for an excuse to not go to work, but he couldn't come up with anything. Sadly, he rose out of bed, grabbed his bag, and walked out of his bedroom.

Sean had all the merchandise that he needed for the next few days; it was also almost all that his supplier - a small company in Verdanturf - could give him at the time. To make sure he remembered, Sean filled his bag with his whatever he could fit the night before. He looked in his bag to see what he was selling on that day. The bag was mostly filled with the generic items, such as Potions and Berries, but today it also contained assorted evolutionary stones and what he assumed was an Escape Rope. Looked profitable, if only he actually needed the cash.

He prepared himself a quick breakfast in his living room and flipped on the morning news, for lack of something better to do. The broadcaster began to talk about some Trainer who absolutely destroyed a Gym Leader in battle, and after showing a little footage of the fight, she moved on.

"Professor Birch is giving five trainers the chance to become new Trainers on the scene, like he often does. The new ones this time of the names of Scottie Bengington, Sean Brunelle..."

Those words made him get up in an instant. He had completely forgotten about that! His old friend Rob, a Pokemon Trainer, was supposed to bring him to Littleroot town today! He had to be out on Route 117 by noon, which was when and where Rob was expecting him. He couldn't miss this! There was almost no other way he would be able to get to Littleroot Town! Although it was only 8:30 and so there was no hurry, he dashed out of the house and onto the Route.

While he waited, he began to sell his ware to passing Trainers. He only had one customer, though, who bought some Super Potions and the Escape Rope. For some reason, Rob showed up and nine o'clock, much earlier than he had said he was coming.

"I knew you'd be here early." he explained when he saw Sean's confused face. "You always are. So I figured we shouldn't waste any time."

"Alright, I guess that's fair." Sean responded.

Rob was a little taller than Sean, and his dark hair was long and shaggy. He also wore a belt that had his Pokemon team attached to it in their Poke Balls, save for his Breloom who stood beside him. He wore a white sleeveless T-shirt and gray jeans on this day. He recalled his Breloom and sent out his Swellow, who crouched down upon being sent out.

"Hop on."

This was going to be a very interesting experience, to say the least. Sean had never flown before, and now he was flying on a bird! He didn't know how he felt, he was excited and scared at the same time. But he happily got on top of the Pokemon. Rob sat in front of him. Before Sean could even say something like "Ready," the Swellow took off.

The flight was incredible. The wind, the view - everything. He was soaring through the sky, and seeing parts of the world that he had never seen before - even Rustboro City, which was only a cave away. He looked in amazement at the city, the forest, the ocean, everything. And he would be them soon enough. He never even imagined places like these. Combine this with flight, and it's amazing. If you asked him about this, he really couldn't describe it to you.

After a while, the Swellow finally touched down on the Route north of Littleroot Town. Sean dismounted the bird Pokemon. The settlement kind of reminded him of Verdanturf - small and natural. But he knew things would get better. Everything was about to change.

"Try to keep in touch with me, okay?" said Rob as the Swellow prepared to take off once more. Sean nooded.

"Good luck!" And he took off.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Do you know if it's okay or not yet to post Chapter 2, TurkishDelight??

I was kind of hoping for a dice roll, but I haven't received one yet, not even for Chapter 1.

I mean I don't plan on catching any of the Pokemon on Route 101 and I only have Treecko so I can't kill off a Pokemon anyway, so none of the rolls really even apply to me. I will wait patiently to tomorrow though seeing you're probably sleeping right now... I wouldn't want to post without your permission... ;)

Also, @Veevee: Omg, idk why but your character's personality sounds just like me, XD

Years
  • If I'm being added in place of doge, here's my character:
    Spoiler:

Name: Raoul Kapono Allard-Mahuiki

Appearance: Raoul is a dark-skinned man with sharp features fit for someone of his demeanor. His sharply angled eyebrows give him a stern look. His brown, bespeckled eyes betray any feeling of warmth. Some people say that they feel as if he is looking right through them and only see themselves reflected back at them. His black hair is styled in a manner that others would think a little too edgy for someone like him, but he enjoys it a lot.

Raoul is a fashionable man and finds pleasure in shopping. His clothing is tailored to his figure and crisply pressed. He is currently wearing a pristine, white button-up shirt. The top button is left unbuttoned, and the sleeves are cuffed around his bicep. He has on a pair of black pants, his shirt tucked into them. When it comes untucked, he makes a small fuss and tries to tuck it back into place. The pants sit comfortably on top of his sleek, black boots. He has a pair of white and black wristbands around his wrists.

Personality: Raoul is a stoic man who comes off as being cold and calculating. He operates in a detached and guarded nature, not often showing his true feelings to those around him often. This isn't to say that they don't exist. He thinks emotions are annoying and make everything more complicated, so he tries to avoid them. However, he at times finds himself being pulled into situations that appeal to his compassionate side that resides deeply within him. He delivers his thoughts in an honest way, unfiltered, which may be considered harsh by some people. At times he speaks with a flowery method as though he were writing prose. It can become annoying. When he is anxious or excited about a thought, he speaks hurriedly.

Raoul is thoughtful and never relies on impulses. Many of his decisions see a great deal of thought put into them, so you can bet that he means what he says and does. He plans for the future and is usually a few steps ahead of everyone. He delights in meeting others who share his talent for strategy. His need for planning prevents him from acting quickly or on the fly, which could be problematic if he encounters something that he didn't anticipate.

Raoul is motivated by the thought of achieving perfection, so he spends the time to improve things to this point. Many people have told him that perfection can't be reached, but he believes them to be fools who don't try hard enough. He spends time learning all that he can to achieve this goal. This sometimes fuels neurotic behavior in Raoul that can drive people away at times. He strives to impart order on his environment as it makes everything easier to control and maneuver. He despises chaos and prefers things to be done orderly and quietly. He has good intentions, so he usually muscles his way into a position of leadership to better carry out orders. He hopes to inspire others to pursue a path of excellence by monitoring his actions.

History: Raoul's mother Esme was born in Kalos. She's passionate, feisty woman who was a fierce Pokemon Trainer. She conquered the many challenges of Kalos to become the champion of the region. She moved to Hoenn after being defeated because she enjoyed the tropical climate. She met a scientist on her travels, a scientist in Mossdeep City. His name was Kaimi. He fell for the vivacious Esme after her relentless flirting. She had a thing for smart guys. They wed a year after. Two years after, Raoul was born.

Raoul was naturally a reserved child who didn't enjoy the company of others very often. This was mostly because he found them annoying. Mentally, he developed at a quicker pace than others who were his age. He was made fun of for his views and thoughts. This hurt him and greatly distanced him from them as they found it difficult to relate to him. He found solace in his many books that his father gave him. These books covered a variety of topics like science, history, Pokemon, and many others. Raoul had a voracious appetite for knowledge and devoured many books in his father's study.

Once Raoul reached his teen years, his mother pushed him to join activities as a way to get out of the house. He went on to pursue many scholarly activities and other clubs to better make him a well-rounded individual. Sports weren't as difficult for him as some people initially thought they would be. This helped him shed his image of being the reclusive bookworm and develop a level of physical fitness. Instead, he became the reclusive bookworm who also happened to be good at sports. He was indifferent to these descriptors, nor the social credit it earned him.

Raoul often asks questions of his parents about their professions. He wanted to embark on his own journey like they did when he reached the appropriate age. His father talked much about the scientific studies about Pokemon that he conducted and how exciting this was for him. Raoul was definitely interested in pursuing a similar path, but his mother shocked him with the information that she shared. He didn't realize how strategic Pokemon battles could be and how fascinated by them he was. He figured the only way to learn more about Pokemon would be to raise them and monitor them personally.

This prompted him to spend time watching the battles at Mossdeep City Gym. They were much more exciting than he ever imagined them to be. He scrutinized the moves that were used to understand the tactics. He read books to further cement his developing knowledge of Pokemon, but soon enough, the day had arrived. It was finally time for him to strike out on his own.

He traveled to New Bark to get his first Pokemon.

Pokémon: Wasn't sure if I was being given a random Pokemon or Torchic...

RP Sample: A post from another RPG that I'm in on another forum.

Columbus' Gust attack was thwarted by that pesky Fennekin. Alyssa commanded her Fennekin to use a mysterious attack called Hidden Power and added insult to injury with a hair flip. She knew what she was doing. A cluster violet energy spheres formed and launched towards the gust attack. The impact of two attacks created a swirl of shimmering energy that rained down of the Elle. Rodrigo's eyes widened, his mouth agape. She definitely knew what she was doing. The crowd agreed. Some of them clapped for Alyssa, Elle, and the duo's dazzling display.

Alyssa taunted Rodrigo, informing him that if this were a contest, he would have lost points because of their style and grace. She wasn't wrong. Alyssa was schooling him on the basics. Rodrigo let out a defeated sigh. He was letting his arrogance cloud his judgment. Alyssa was in her element, and he was not. Was he truly cut out for this?

Zachary seemed to have better luck. Jolie was still blinded by the Sand Attack from earlier. Zachary ordered Tira to blast Jolie with a String Shot. The silky string erupted from Tira, threatening to incapacitate Jolie further. However, Andre was quick and ordered Jolie to use a Magical Leaf. Despite not being able to see, she conjured a prismatic flurry of leaves, trusting her trainer implicitly to guide her. The leaves ripped through the strings and continued towards their target.

Rodrigo knew that attack hit multiple targets without fail. Sure enough, some of the leaves bombarded Columbus as he flew around trying to avoid them. He let out a faint caw. The attack wasn't very strong against Flying-type Pokémon. Jolie was surprised by a Poison Sting. A bundle of violet needles collided with Jolie. She let out a painful cry, which elicited heckling from the crowd. Rodrigo gritted his teeth. The crowd was clearly biased towards Andre and Alyssa.

Just then, a bevy of flashes and the sound of camera shutters rang out. The paparazzi were taking the opportunity to make a quick buck. Did they know about Rodrigo's family from Sinnoh? A slight grin formed, but it soon faded when he remembered that he was in the company of Andre and Zachary, a popular pair in Kanto. What if his parents saw this?! Rodrigo would be mortified. This was sure to make many of the gossip tv shows, websites, and magazines. His mother watched and read them in her spare time. He was tainting the family image. They're trained to battle, and here he was, closer to losing than winning against a flippant actor and dainty coordinator, no less.

The battle was getting down to the wire. Columbus was surely growing tired. Elle was dominating. Rodrigo figured Jolie was going to be poisoned by Poison Sting, but she resisted its effects by the miracle of her Magic Guard. Andre laughed after figuring this out. Rodrigo felt that they were being made to look like fools at this point. Jolie began to sing a soothing song as colorful musical notes sailed toward Tira. The crowd was endeared by how adorable Jolie looked. Rodrigo took note. Alyssa and Andre knew how to please the crowd and look good while doing it. They were entertainers. He was not.

Alyssa followed up the Sing attack with a Hidden Power from Elle. The violet orbs shot toward Tira. It wasn't looking great for the little Spinarak. Alyssa commanded Elle to then leap over Columbus and blast it with Ember. A bevy of smoldering flames emitted from Elle. Rodrigo had to think fast. The air was Columbus' turf.

"Columbus, use Air Cutter!" Rodrigo commanded. The little bird fiercely flapped its wings and unleashed a stream of blue 'X' shaped wind blades. The blades slashed through the flames, pulverizing them and sped toward Elle. Some of the flames licked at Columbus' feathers, their impact lessened. He winced, but he was determined. The strong Air Cutter attack was known for striking all opponents on the field and had a high critical hit ratio. "Follow up with Tackle."

Columbus hurled itself at the airborne Fennekin, hoping to use its maneuverability in its favor.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • And I'm done! Had a little writer's block on the sample, but I think it's good enough. Thoughts?

@Village Really? He came off as a cross between me and Barry (your rival from Sinnoh). Wasn't intended, but the history kinda worked out the way it did, and it seemed like a good personality to make sense of his background. (and it'll be fun to RP as him)

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Veevee: You are accepted! Your starter is a Snorunt! Your diceroll is 4.

@Cobalt: Your SU is amazing, you're accepted! Your starter is Torchic! Your diceroll is 3.

@Village: I won't be able to get up Chapter Two until tomorrow at the earliest. I'm waiting for 2.3 people to end the chapter then I'll start on the second one. Your diceroll is 4.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Thanks for accepting me. Just to know, what does a Snorunt mean about my SU? I mean, I personally like Snorunt because it's kinda cute and it evolves into Froslass, but what does that mean to you?

Also, you marked down Cobalt's character as "Sean Brunelle", which is my character. Not his.

I know I have to end posts with throwing the ball if I want to catch comething, but since I rolled a 4, can I have him throw balls and just have everything break out? Or do I still have to end my post there for whatever reason? Or can I not even have him try?

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Village: Awesome, I'll check it tomorrow it's currently 4am in the UK, lol.

@Veevee: It means it was good! I'm a big Glalie fan myself so thought I'd gift it to you, haha. Thanks for pointing that out it's my mistake. Yeah just throw as many balls as you'd like, just make the 'mons burst out.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Oh Veevee, just read the history part. Wow, Sean and Haley came from the same town. XDDD

Back