• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Hard-Mode! [ONE SPOT AVAILABLE] [OOC]

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
  • Sorry guys I've been busy lately, I'd go over the professor's personality etc when the time comes and you all are ready! Getting around to IC posts now.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • I'm literally not rushing you at all, I don't know what gave you the impression I was.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • GUYS SOMEONE BROUGHT SOMETHING UP THAT NEEDS ADDRESSING, I SHOULD HAVE CLEARED IT UP AT THE START! Say for example you roll the number 4, meaning you can't catch a Pokémon in the next area. If there are 2, or more, areas where you can catch a new partner in the Chapter you decide yourself on what area you'll miss out on! Same goes for catching the Evolution of an encounter in the next area etc.

I probably butchered that explanation so ask me if you don't understand

i also need to update to op but i'm lazy give me time

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • GUYS SOMEONE BROUGHT SOMETHING UP THAT NEEDS ADDRESSING, I SHOULD HAVE CLEARED IT UP AT THE START! Say for example you roll the number 4, meaning you can't catch a Pokémon in the next area. If there are 2, or more, areas where you can catch a new partner in the Chapter you decide yourself on what area you'll miss out on! Same goes for catching the Evolution of an encounter in the next area etc.

I probably butchered that explanation so ask me if you don't understand

i also need to update to op but i'm lazy give me time

Ah, if I had known that I would have had Scottie catch a mon' on Route 102 if at all possible, but it's okay. I'll just remember this from now on. :)

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Village: Yeah my bad, lol.

@Sarcasm: Sweet, thanks for letting me know!

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Leaving this here to gauge a reaction. How would you guys feel about scrapping the Level system? I don't feel it's necessary as say for example Village's Grovyle died then he'd be in a predicament. A more anime-like system would suit this more in my opinion where you can use realistic moves on your team members as well, it's up to you all!

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Leaving this here to gauge a reaction. How would you guys feel about scrapping the Level system? I don't feel it's necessary as say for example Village's Grovyle died then he'd be in a predicament. A more anime-like system would suit this more in my opinion where you can use realistic moves on your team members as well, it's up to you all!

Yeah, I feel like scrapping the level system would be good for the Roleplay, and just have battles play out like the anime to see which side wins. Most Roleplays in Pokemon I'm in don't use levels anyway, so this would be a good change of pace. :)

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • No more levels pls, only give rewards as to what moves they newly learned or they can learn with your permission and if they can evolve now. There's some situations where an evolve form gets defeated by an pre-evolved pokemon.

also my rant on skype lol

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I personally am fine with either. Levels might keep balance but I feel we wouldn't have to worry about that here.

Just would like some specification here: What will the next post regarding all three of us? Connie's where I want her to be the trigger the event. But, for the rest of us, will the next post be a joint post? When will the professor appear to our characters? Skype is now an option for me, if it's necessary.

Years
  • Honestly? I wasn't paying much attention to levels. I've just been assuming all wild Pokemon in this area are around level 10-15, and rolled dice to determine my Wingull's level. (Incidentally, he's level 13.) 1d6+9, that sort of thing.

And yes, I'm a huge nerd who played too much D&D as a kid.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Is it alright if I take my time making my post? It's just... I'm struggling with motivation and inspiration to do so - I deeply apologize, Turk! So the joint post will take longer time to plan, (I also have one post to make) I still want to do that - FOR THE EGG AND FOR HALEY'S COMMENTS. xD

So sorry! ><

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Glad you guys are ok with dropping the level system! And feel free to take as long as you like to work on posts, sorry about not being super-active I've been run off my feet!

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening or whenever, is there still a space available here Apologies if not ^_^' Used to RP here a few years ago but never came back to it, but who doesn't love a good Nuzlocke? :D

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening or whenever, is there still a space available here Apologies if not ^_^' Used to RP here a few years ago but never came back to it, but who doesn't love a good Nuzlocke? :D

Yes, there is one spot open. You can post your SU when you're ready and the only available starter left is a Torchic :)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Alrighty. I'll get to it after work tonight, don't wanna 'reserve' or anything though if someone beats me to it then that's fair ^_^

Back