• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RELATIVES

so about your relatives

• I like seeing them

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • yeah I'm gonna go ahead and avoid them

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • probably a little of both

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • look I'm just in it for the food

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Spiff

love child
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    so. what's up with you and your relatives during the holidays? do you look forward to seeing them or not really?

remember, the mods are bored and are changing people's screen names, so please post responsibly

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • We have a lot of fun when we get together. We're a no drama bunch, save for when one of the girls wants to start trouble on Facebook because she's a coward and won't in person -_- but our gatherings usually go very well!

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • My family doesn't celebrate Christmas since we're Muslim, but during Eid al-Fitr (which I feel is the closest thing we have to Christmas), my relatives get together and have dinner together. We also give presents (me and the little kids get candy!).

We also sent greetings to our relatives abroad. My mum likes to keep in tough with her cousins in the United States and her cousins in Brazil.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I really enjoy my family gatherings, as dysfunctional as they can be at times. It reminds me of how loved I am by my family, and how strong my love is for them too. Your family won't be around forever, and seeing them each holiday (and hopefully sooner) is truly a blessing.

Years
  • We rotate who we see for Thanksgiving and this year was the year we see my Dad's side of the family and it was just as awkward and dreadful as I thought it would be, hahaha.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • When I was a kid , cousins and I played digimon rumble arena in PS2 and we had a blast of fun.

But, now my cousins are glued to phones and I just leeft alone lol. So I decided to interact with elders. Yeah, I should grow up.

Well this month is my grandma's birthday and I still looking foward to see them still

But...... still miss those time............... :-C *sob

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I have some family that I do actually look forward to seeing and enjoy spending time with them, then I have some family when there are gatherings I'm just sitting off to the side on my phone the whole time lol... I'm always in it for the food though. I've been pretty blatant about that before too lol.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't really like anyone in my family. My mom's side is even worse than my dad's side though. I'm just in it for the gifts and free food man.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Actually, all of my relatives live in Maine. I don't get to see them because we live in Arizona at the moment. My mom does call them on the holiday season because they gather during that time though. I get to hear from my grandmother, my uncle Terry and my aunt Lori... and many others. ^w^

When I was younger, we would go over to my grandmother's house for thanksgiving and Christmas. We would open presents at her house or have Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's family as well. My mom even has pictures of these moments somewhere as well. I do miss my relatives because I enjoyed them more than my mom does. As for my dad's side... well... his sister never really liked me much, according to my mom. I had a lot of cousins on my dad's side. I never knew my uncles or even my grandfather on his side. I did know his mother, and I guess I was actually very close to her before she passed away from old age.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I don't really like anyone in my family. My mom's side is even worse than my dad's side though. I'm just in it for the gifts and free food man.

Bingo.

Though, I finally don't have to be guilt-tripped into Christmas with family because they all moved out to the West Cost. It's the best thing for all of us, really. Quite nice to throw our own little holiday celebration over here, and not worry about our families.

Sirfetch’d

I only get to see my Grandad on Christmas so I get pretty excited about seeing my relatives this time of year! There are a few who I'd rather not see because of certain past issues but otherwise I don't mind.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    > that feel when you don't live anywhere near relatives.
    > that feel when the holidays are not a social nightmare
    > REJOICE!

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    how are you guys going to choose being alone over free food

large.gif

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    how are you guys going to choose being alone over free food
    Most of my relatives don't serve good food.

Honestly, I avoid my relatives not because I dislike them but mostly because we share nothing in common. Most of my family gatherings involve really distant relatives that I don't know. It just an awkward mess that I want to avoid. It's a good thing my parents don't force me to go to family gatherings anymore.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • It depends. If its my dad's side, my cousin annoys the heck out of everyone and wont shut up. Otherwise, they are great. My mom's side has all of the drama. After 2 days of being together, there is a crap ton of drama and its horrible.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really like my relatives on my mother's side. We hang out regularly, on birthdays, holidays and sometimes randomly. It can get very busy as we're with 30 people, but at least my relatives on my dad's side never meets. That's over 100 people. And that's just my dad's brothers, sisters and their spouses and kids.

Years
  • We don't have relatives over, only my brother, who feels the need to pick on me all the time so I'm not looking forward to it /w\

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • We rotate who's house we go to for Christmas lunch in my family. This year we're hosting so everyone is coming over to ours for Christmas which should be interesting. As for general holidays, we usually have family lunches here and there. We just had one for my grandmother's 70th which was nice. We all get along well for the most part.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • If given the choice, I'd rather avoid family gatherings. Such thoughts of mine have only been justified several times this year, given how cynical some parts of my family have become, and the fiascos they've caused at special gatherings (i.e. weddings, parties, etc).

Back