• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RELATIVES

so about your relatives

• I like seeing them

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • yeah I'm gonna go ahead and avoid them

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • probably a little of both

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • look I'm just in it for the food

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • The only relatives of mine I'm even remotely close to I see every day, the rest I'm not particularly fussed about seeing apart from maybe my paternal grandmother... actually I despise some of my family so yeah.

Yukari

Ugh, I hate spending time with my family. The only reason I deal with them at all is because I have to. x: So I usually end up spending time with them during the holidays.

But, hey, they make some pretty good food so I guess it's kinda worth it.

Lucid

None of my relatives that host family things can cook, so I stay at home unless someone guilt trips me bad enough.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Seeing my family is nice I guess, but I'm the only introvert, and everyone is so excited to see each other that it gets a little overbearing. Once the initial hellos are said and I answer a few hundred questions about how I'm doing, there's nothing to talk about either. I don't really share any common interests with anyone in my family, so I always end up in the corner playing pokemon until it's time to go home.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I don't like family functions, but I'm usually forced to go to them. All of my relatives are really loud and wild, and my mom's side is so large (my grandma has 12 brothers and sisters, with just about all of them having families of their own, too) and out of my age bracket that I don't know anybody. It wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't frowned on in the family due to being the quietest, which the others treat as a serious mental illness/disorder for some reason. I usually end up clinging to my brother at reunions, but I'll admit that the food at family gatherings is always good.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I enjoy visiting my relatives every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. There's always a lot of fun things to do with them. I'm excited for both my birthday and Christmas. My birthday is on Christmas Eve and usually everyone throws me a surprise birthday party which is always really fun. =)

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I enjoy visiting my relatives every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. There's always a lot of fun things to do with them. I'm excited for both my birthday and Christmas. My birthday is on Christmas Eve and usually everyone throws me a surprise birthday party which is always really fun. =)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • There was a time in my life when I would dread being dragged to spend time with my family for the holidays, but now I actually enjoy it. I've got a lot more in common with a lot of them than I ever thought I would... I guess that's genetics for you.

Now. Going to the in-laws is a very different story. :| I just try to bite my tongue all night over there. The things you do for love.

LadyVenus

Team Cipher
    Years
  • I look forward to seeing some of them. A very select few...but most of them are just...meh. So I voted "a little bit of both". As one user mentioned, there are really no common interests between my family and me. So it's kind of difficult to converse with them without it being one-sided.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I live alone, so I count this as getting to see my parents too and so on. And I do enjoy it, although my sister can be a massive pain and downer at times. My mum is pretty much my best friend too. We talk about everything together, and we act like a pair of lunatics together. It's great. My dad is really chill and shares a lot of my interests, which is nice and allows us to get on well together. My sister is nice, and enjoys playing games and stuff, which you'd think would be a big positive, but really it causes more trouble when she tries to play with me. Mainly because she wants to be me I think, being an older brother, and it just doesn't work. She wants to be older than she is, which is cute, normal and really annoying for us at times XD

The rest of my family is also cool. We have good fun most of the time together, with a couple of less enthusiastic members, but that's normal really. My cousins are super fun to be around.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    One side of my family, the one I actually would like to see, we can't see them during Christmas because they live too far away. We always go to see the American side of my family during the holidays; which I don't really look forward to except seeing my step-grandma and grandpa. Everyone else really doesn't care about my "main" family and I and I regret the weekend every year.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Okay so like we have these out of the way relatives that we see every year like a few days before Christmas. And like I'm normally not there because I always have to work and my sister will text me "omg i lost count of how many times uncle jason used the n word." And THIS YEAR. THIS YEAR Y'ALL. I will finally be there because I don't have to work. And I will get to shut down his racist ass and be the annoying family Democrat and I'm so pumped.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i haven't seen my relatives in yeears now. either they've passed or live too far out of convenience for me-- and as someone with a consistent spending amount of 0 dollars, that's to be expected. there's no immediate family near me to begin with, so it'll probably be a while yet until i spend holidays with anyone further out.

this is very normal for me though. when i did live with immediate family we gradually saw less and less of my extended family as the years went on.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I enjoy spending time with my family.

My parents, my brother and I are very close. More than any other family I've ever met. we enjoy spending time with each other and have a great time together.

As for my extended family, I have a good time when I see them. It is nice.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm more looking forward to seeing my dad's side of the family than my mom's side. My mom's side of the family is nothing but so much drama everywhere and I'm gonna try to stay away from them.

Back