• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym Leader World Tournament! (Week II - Johto)

What is YOUR favourite Johto Gym Leader?

• Falkner

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Whitney

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Morty

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Chuck

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Pryce

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Clair

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

• Gym Leader World Tournament [Week 2 - Johto]
    50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
    50px-Hive_Badge.png
    50px-Plain_Badge.png
    50px-Fog_Badge.png
    50px-Storm_Badge.png
    50px-Mineral_Badge.png
    50px-Glacier_Badge.png
    50px-Rising_Badge.png

6.jpg

Previous Winner:

Sabrina

Welcome one and all to the weekly Gym Leader World Tournament! These are weekly polls that pits Gym Leaders one and against each other to see will come out on top! So, in these polls, feel free to tell us about your favourite gym leader in each region that's represented! Now, if you'd like to see what this is all about, feel free to read the rules below:

Spoiler:

So, as said, this week will focus on the Johto Gym Leaders, so choose your favourite gym leaders from Johto listed, and the winner will be posted on Sunday, April 5th! Just a note, you don't have to base your answer from the games. You can do so through the anime and manga as well!

Contestants for this week:

Falkner_OD.png
    Bugsy_OD.png
    Whitney_OD.png
    Morty_OD.png

Chuck_OD.png
    Jasmine_OD.png
    Pryce_OD.png
    Clair_OD.png

Gold/Silver/Crystal Gym Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Without further ado!
    Who is the best Gym Leader in Johto?

Credits: Inspiration for this idea goes to the Favourite Pokemon Tournament.

pkmin3033

Jasmine. I love her simple, elegant design; she's easily one of the more attractive female Gym Leaders in my opinion. Plus she has a Steelix. Steelix is awesome.

Years
  • I can't vote for Jasmine enough times in this poll. She's not only my favorite of the Johto gym leaders, but she's my favorite of all time. Between her design, and the stark contrast between her personality and type specialty, she caught my attention right away, and she's been my favorite ever since.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Clair. Out of all of them she just stands out to me, her attitude is pretty cool too. None of the other Johto Gym Leaders really appeal to me aside Clair, and I like how stubborn she is once you defeat her.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Chuck.
    He's the gym leader who's type specialty is advantageous against 3 other leaders (Whitney, Jasmine, and Pryce) while being able to cover up his weaknesses against 2 other leaders (Fight types can always learn Rock moves to deal against Falkner's birds and Bugsy's Bugs) theoretically making him effective against 5 leaders at once, and his pokemon have some extremely nifty battle techniques that center on Focus Punch. Also, he doesn't get a lot of love from Johto's fans so I guess i could help. Chuck was the gym leader who i enjoyed playing against the most during my old GSC playthroughs as well as in HGSS.

Claire:
    2sexy4mebruh. Anyway, she's my favorite of all the gym leaders for the sole reason that her defiant attitude really speaks against most of her fellow cohorts. Also, her design.. definitely one of the sexiest and fiercest women in the pokemon world.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm going to have to go with Clair on this one.

If I'm not wrong, she's Lance's cousin, who is one of my overall favorite Pokémon characters of all-time. This, merely due to relation, puts her much more high in my eyes. Her design seems to be pretty fitting all-around; if I were in Pokémon world and was set to meet-up with a female dragon-type master, I'd imagine her to look similar to Clair.

As for battling, although she was a bit of challenge to go up against when I'd first faced her in Pokémon Silver, she was still fun to battle. At least for gym number eight, I feel her difficulty is perfect.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Pryce, all because of his old man status.

Clair, since I could never beat her with my one man team of Typhlosion.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Alrighty, looks like this poll is done for the week!
    Whoa! The winners are... a tie between Jasmine and Morty!

Jasmine_OD.png
    Morty_OD.png

Thanks for voting everyone; stay tuned for the next poll. c:

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i'm late but my favorite from this region has always been jasmine. i loved her design and the type she uses. i often feel like if i was a gym leader i would probably be like her.

Back