• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • heh, netto was so right.

I had sorta put this anime on the backburner after I got caught up with the manga. Having the "thrill" taken out of a thriller doesn't exactly work very well usually haha. So I put off watching the latest episode for a good amount of time. Didn't watch episode 7 till today.

But damn, I had forgotten how well the anime's been handling the manga till now. At the point of story that we are now in the anime, I was in the same situation as most of you people. Was divided on who the murderer was. Or not. Won't say anything about it more than that but yeah, I did like how the series made us all question things so much. :p

Kayo and Satoru's moments this episode were so d'aww worthy I don't even know what to say. Especially the part where they both dozed off while sitting close together with their faces THIS close to each other. <3

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really have no idea how they are going to wrap this up in 3 episodes? The manga is basically finished and they're going to have to skip so much to finish it all in 12 episodes.

I actually think that I like the manga better, as the anime is making it realllyyyyyy obvious who the villain is and spending too much time on some stuff and not enough time on others.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Episode 9 - Closure

Spoiler:

Years
  • I really have no idea how they are going to wrap this up in 3 episodes? The manga is basically finished and they're going to have to skip so much to finish it all in 12 episodes.

I actually think that I like the manga better, as the anime is making it realllyyyyyy obvious who the villain is and spending too much time on some stuff and not enough time on others.

S2 next season probs.

Also the manga was just as obvious by this point lol. Which was why I said people would complain about this exact point in the anime.

That ending tho.

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • 31 chapters covered in 10 episodes. 13 chapters more to go. And two episodes. I thought they rushed a lot of things to cover stuff in episode 10 but it turns out they covered only 4 chapters. They'll have to shoehorn 6-7 chapters into each episode for it to work out and I'm not sure if that'll really work out.

Here's to hope the manga being slightly padded out (yes, there are scenes in there that could be cut without any substantial loss) helps its case. Otherwise I can see this turning into another Charlotte. And that'd be a fucking shame.

Also, the reveal was much more tense in the manga tbh. XD; I could just feel Satoru's tension.

I've completed the manga series (skipped one chapter), btw. Overall thoughts on the series -
    Spoiler:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Finally got around to watching episode 11...

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Spoiler:

Years
  • Wait a minute, they literally skipped content from the manga? Did they seriously do that? LOL

Everything was more or less a direct adaptation until the moment the teacher stopped those paparazzi.

Spoiler:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • So...

6/10

It was enjoyable to watch, from start to finish, but in many ways I do feel like it could have been better. Namely, Yashiro was poorly written, and as much as they built him up as this super-scary and powerful guy, he's pretty underwhelming once his true colors are revealed. I enjoyed all of the characters though, and all-in-all I'd say I liked the show :)

Now to read the manga...

Back