• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Years
  • So I was looking for a new Time Travel manga to read from Mangaupdates (just like every midnight reads I do lel) and stumbled upon this today. Going to pick up both and hope for the good stuff. It did get some awards after all :)

Edit: SHEEETTT THIS IS GUD. It reminds me of Again! but a lot more serious and suspenseful. Need more time travel manga/LN/WN like this. :D Anime is definitely a recommend this season.

Edit 2: I think one of the most uttered phrases this season would be "They couldn't be THAT obvious can they? But they are!" :P

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I'm interested. I like the voice actor for Satoru.

He's an actual actor, so this is his first "voice actor" role.

Love the visuals of the OP and ED.
    Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

isn't this so cute???? ;D

:3

It gives me life

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    He's an actual actor, so this is his first "voice actor" role.

He did very good. It probably helps that when they record for anime in Japan, a good chunk of the cast records in a room together.

Also episode two was pretty cute, and I really enjoyed it. So curious as to where this will go.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years

Spoiler:
    Your post rings true on all accounts. My feelings on this episode were pretty much the same. That scene at the end definitely raised suspicions about the character involved. And poor Kayo. ;____;
    I genuinely felt bad for her - like, watching her go through that actually hurt me as if watching something like that happen with a flesh and blood human being would. Just another testament to how amazingly this series is being handled - you know, for it to be able to make me feel something like that. </3

I'll have to, once again, give major props to the animation direction and sound direction here. They handle each scene so beautifully and with such meticulous planning that I can't help but marvel at how amazing it all turns out to be. That POV scene where Satoru runs to the shed and opens it to see Kayo - damn, such a fantastic scene. And that isn't just it - this anime is littered with really well done sequences like that.

Really glad Kajiura is back in form and that SAO director has been able to display his true abilities here. Now I'll definitely be looking forward to anything he does in the future. <3;

Though that's enough of a digression for now, haha. I'm so excited to see what happens next that I'm just barely stopping myself from reading the manga. And I'm only able to hold out because the anime is being handled beautifully. Still doesn't make the wait any easier, though. ;_______;

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Give in to the temptation. Although the fact that it is still ongoing means that no one knows how it ends. ;)
    Yes, I read that the anime will adapt the manga's ending - of a series that's still ongoing. Hopefully it'll be a Shigatsu case. Both the series ended one week apart. It was perfect.

I'm such a BIG fan of the art and sound direction here that I'm gonna hold onto it somehow. XD; If I read the manga, the anime experience tends to get diluted - has happened with Gintama for me. Not that it stops me from reading the manga anymore since the manga is so fucking addictive XD

But yeah, wouldn't want that to happen to this series, definitely. Having an experience like ERASED diluted just because I spoiled myself on the story...yeah, nope. :p

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I want to read the manga sooo bad. I almost did yesterday, but I love the feel of the anime and the suspense that it has, and I don't want to take away from that by knowing who did what and what will happen. At the same time, is the manga actually over already?? Because if it's still going, then I could read it without ruining the full ending, at least.. hmm.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I want to read the manga sooo bad. I almost did yesterday, but I love the feel of the anime and the suspense that it has, and I don't want to take away from that by knowing who did what and what will happen. At the same time, is the manga actually over already?? Because if it's still going, then I could read it without ruining the full ending, at least.. hmm.
    It's ongoing. As dero said, it's most likely gonna end at the same time or little later.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's ongoing. As dero said, it's most likely gonna end at the same time or little later.
    I thought so, cause I looked at the chapter list yesterday and it didn't look like it was over. I think it's smart of them to finish both around the same time, and it was good that they waited until now to do the anime so that it could end properly and not have to make up it's on bs ending. That's a big gripe about a number of series, really.

In regards to the manga
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Did I mention the ending is really really strong and I love it?

Anyway

Spoiler:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I knew something was still not right at all.

At this point I'm beginning to suspect Hinazuki's mother as well. But I really don't know. :/

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • So I watched episodes 1-4 last night and I just finished watching episode 5 and long story short I really like this anime so far.
    The art is fantastic, the voice acting is well done, and the music is great.
    It's not like a perfect anime but I really really really like it so far.
    Anyways so my thoughts on episode 5
    Spoiler:

Also a bit of speculation
    Spoiler:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The urge to read the manga is strong with this one...I might just give in mid-way through the series. But great so far!

#5...

Spoiler:

No speculation here though, I'll just wait and find out (or read the manga if that proves to be too difficult)

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • Mmmm this anime had me hooked from the first episode. It's gorgeous and the plot is soo good mm.

Back