• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
  • I think one factor of the anime's issues was down to the lack of a consistant storyline. Ash's quest was to be the geatest trainer of all time, but I don't think they invisioned it becoming as boring as it has. I mean he just keeps starting over and over, how can that lead him to complete his aspirations? I know it's a kids show and it's not meant to be too serious but in any case, this is why I rather the manga or reading fics as (depending on the author) they're based on the story and are better structure. I stopped watching the anime years ago due to the flaws x]
    Part of the reason id the anime base Ash's adventures on the games (to an extent), hence why he starts over again to collect new badges and to enter the league. And even though I thought it's the same old dance, I actually think part of the aspiration is to beat all the gym leaders in different regions. The consistent storyline part though is actually why I like the Orange Islands best because it is different. The gym leaders are different, the setting is different, and even the league is different. I think I even remember Ash and Misty having developed the most in that season. And oh, Tracy. :3 I hear the manga is good, so I need to read those. x_x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, that and the producers want to show off all the cute new starters in each region, so they had him dump all his decent Pokemon and get a crew of cuties, who, despite their horrible stats, are as Gary Stu as the yellow electric parasite he SHOULD have dumped years ago.

And the decision to put the Battle Frontier in Kanto was baffling, to say the least. And I'll stop talking about the anime now because all it does is increase my urge to perform violent criminal activity.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Speaking of anime, I really need to finish the manga series. It's better so far. Than the anime I mean.

Also, I saw Avatar in 3D yesterday. It was glorious. Tall Smurfs meets FernGully, but still glorious.

Also also, hello Abnegation in disguise and .patch. The obscurity of the lounge seems to have lessened as of late.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I don't think the manga deserves all the worshiping it gets from the community, honestly. It wasn't particularly interesting; I read most of Kanto, all of Hoenn, and waded through the million Final Battles at the end of the Johto arc, and my conclusion was that it wasn't that good at all. It was just as 'childish' as the anime was, even with the added benefit of hearing people say the word 'kill'. I'm in no way saying that the anime is quality entertainment (QUALITY entertainment in some places, maybe, but not quality entertainment), but they're not that different.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I plan to see Avatar again, because I missed out on the 3D version. :(

I read the entire Kanto arc of Adventures, and my opinion is that it's a lot better than the anime. The characters are much better, for one thing. :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Oh, ED. Fortunately that's a safe article.

I'm saddened by all the people who stopped watching the anime during Johto. Well, I did too, but I did watch the Silver Conference, which allowed me to find my favorite canon character.

And then I decided to rarely touch any part of Pokemon canon again. So idk and idc about how the manga is because I've never read it.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Damn, ED is worse than TVT sometimes. I've been surfing it since that post. :(

I did find a new avatar there, though. XD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Damn, ED is worse than TVT sometimes. I've been surfing it since that post. :(
    Beware a few of the pages there, though. Like some guy that I forgot the name of. The only person I remember the name of who has an ED page is Chin-Chan.

No, THIS IS QUALITY!!!

This site happens to be my addiction.
    I am so saddened that I never stayed at one of those during my many vacations. Depending on how the one I'm planning goes, maybe I'll finally stay at a good hotel.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Quality inn was okay, but Hotel 6 and Motel 8 are just as good for lower prices.

Back from work today, work tomorrow X_x

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Errr yeah, though it is called Holiday Inn.

I've been in some really neat (used loosely) hotels/motels/camp ground/hostels etc while traveling, some have more interesting stories than others.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Can I assume that the Clarion Hotel chain is good? I would assume so, since they are part of the same hotel chain (or whatever it is) as Quality. I'm probably going to be staying at one for my vacation.

There are mostly Holiday Inns in my state, though they are slowly being changed/closed/over-run by other hotel chains. Which was why I was wondering why Bay was misspelling "Holidae", which I still don't know, since I don't know pop/rap culture past the 1990s.

We've gone so off-topic it's really funny. But I like this.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Can I assume that the Clarion Hotel chain is good? I would assume so, since they are part of the same hotel chain (or whatever it is) as Quality. I'm probably going to be staying at one for my vacation.
    Clarion's the upscale division of the conglomerate that owns Quality, Comfort, Sleep, and others, so it *should* be better. I say *should* because they're "independently owned and operated". Much as I promote Quality Inn, I stayed at a filthy one in Rock Hill, South Carolina one time. Which is weird because all the other Quality Inns I've been to have been great.

There are mostly Holiday Inns in my state, though they are slowly being changed/closed/over-run by other hotel chains.
    From what I've heard, they're trying to get rid of their old, 1970's era hotels and replace them with newly built ones. The old ones usually become Ramada or Days Inn or the like.

Which was why I was wondering why Bay was misspelling "Holidae", which I still don't know, since I don't know pop/rap culture past the 1990s.
    Don't worry; you're not alone :P

We've gone so off-topic it's really funny. But I like this.
    That's why we love the FFL. And count on me for useless hotel trivia. It's like my pastime.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I don't believe I have been in Quality Inns before - never seen them in Australia for instance. D=

WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS SOMEONE GET ME TO THE US ASAP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back