• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gleam Noiyam is invisible

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I haven't used invisible mode here in years. Since I'm a member of staff, I want to make sure I'm visible to everyone, in case there's an issue they need me to solve. If they leave me a message and I don't respond to it right away, then they need to understand that I'm either heading out the door to work or just popping in to keep an eye on things and I'll be right back onto the forums in a short while.

I don't mind when other people use invisible mode. They have their reasons for using them, and I'm not going to use my ability to see invisible members to announce to others that the invisible member is on the forums. If you're invisible, then you have a reason to be, and that's fine.

Years
  • I don't use it on PC. There's no need to hide from anyone anymore. Not worried about people thinking I'm ignoring them, I outright state on my profile my VMs will sit for ages, haha...

I don't care if people use invisible mode. That's their business, not mine. :p

Years
  • I use it, albeit rarely, when I'm busy or not really feeling up to replying to chat messages. Hopefully then no one will ask why it took me a while to get back to their VM or what-have-you.

But generally I'm almost always visible with the exception being recently where I hid away for some weeks. It was just a rough time for me in general.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm only invisible when I'm on a leave of absence, whether personal, demoted, or I'm just totally busy. It's a rarity though.

Years
  • The only time I'll use invisible mode is if I'm checking PC from work, since I probably shouldn't be logging on from there anyway, haha. Other than that, I don't see the point of using it, though I do understand some people's reasoning behind it.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've never used invisible mode, and this is the first time that I'm finding out that PC has an invisible mode. Oh well, I don't really need to use it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've used it for years and still do. Why does anyone need to know I'm online besides myself?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I don't really care if anyone sees me online. If they do, usually they just want to talk and I certainly don't mind that! :D

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I never use it, I have no reasons to go invisible
    However, on smaller forums I don't like when people use invisible
    People are attracted to activity, and even an illusion of extra active users can be a make or break for some people

Back