• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gleam Noiyam is invisible

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Do you use invisible mode? Why or why not? What is your opinion on it?

I use it all the time for anxiety reasons. (It makes me nervous when people know I'm on. I know staff can see me, but still...it makes me nervous.) That's why I never turn it off. Also, I love it. I'd be nowhere without it.

Go on.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think mine is off because I just don't really care who sees what about me being online. However, I can't remember ever checking it so it's possible I at one point when I was new put myself on invisible and then left it there. I just really, really don't care enough about something so small so whatever it is, it will be for the forseeable future haha.

Years
    I used to like being invisible because it made me feel like a forum ninja 8) Now I'll only go invisible if I'm on vacation and can't get on much, if I'm busy, or if I'm feeling down and/or angry and don't really want to talk to anyone. I guess it's a cool feature; don't really have anything else to say about it, haha.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Never saw the point in it, really. I've never used it myself, and probably won't ever. Besides, I like being visible :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I only use invisible mode if I'm having a really bad day, depression-wise, and I wanna be on forums without people knowing that I'm on. That way I can maybe post if I wanna, but still, no one knows when I'm off or on, so they don't have as much incentive to talk to me. Or they just plain ol' won't talk to me if they don't see me on. lmfao

I can count on one hand how many times I've gone invisible before, though. -w-

Years
    I have invisible mode turned on because I like to poke around during downtime at work from my phone just to check on things, and I don't want to be harassed about not replying to someone's post in a brief time I was online when I'm genuinely too busy to make a quality reply to a thread.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    It's a useful little feature, if you just wanna lurk the boards for a while or if you don't have much time. I only used it once myself, when I was doing my finals and that's it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I've used it once or twice before when I just wanted to lurk but not actually want anyone to know I'm here for reasons. Other than that, I just turn it off.

Years
    Most of the time I usually leave it off, but there have been times I do use the invisible mode such as when I'm suffering emotional breakdown and just don't want to be bothered easily, or if I have limited access to a computer such as when my computer had to go into repairs last year due to overheating, causing me to remain hidden for around 3 weeks.

However, the same overheating issue has resurfaced again so yeah had to turn it on again and I'll probably be in this status for quite a while. When that problem is over and done with I'll eventually show myself again like normal.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Sometimes I browse on my phone, sometimes I'm just having a quick look for no real reason before sleeping etc.

If people think I'm obnoxiously ignoring their messages/posts/replies whatever, I'm not. If I forget to reply or something, well... ♥♥♥♥ happens, is the saying that fits there.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I only use invisible mode when I have several issues that causes me to unable to come here, like for example, unable to access my laptop, or going to another city, or when I'm not in good mood.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    I used to use it all the time when I was avoiding certain people or didn't want to be spammed with VMs, but I turn it off now, since most of the people I was avoiding have left anyway.

Back