• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • wolf gave me permission to post this forever ago so here's my preemptive request that we all chill for a thread that yes, would probably not be otherwise be allowed

I don't have much to say. I came, I saw, I conquered. I was awesome and I sucked all at once, just like everyone else here, and I lasted for over seven (!) years. PC was an enormous part of my life and it's cool to look back on. I accomplished a lot, built great relationships, and had a good enough time to make the stress worth it. I regret nothing.

THE END

Except some shout-outs to everyone who made my time here special:

D_A: Well, we've obviously been through a lot, old friend. But I don't care about any of that. I'll remember you because more than anyone else here, you made smile. Forget ladder peaks: you are the undisputed champion of inappropriate jokes, questionable nicknames, and needless power abuse. Who needs Stealth Rock when the great D_A innovated the stealth kick (OP pls ban)? So yeah, we've had many more good times than bad. PC wouldn't have been the same without you, and if we ever do find ourselves near one another, you better believe I'm going to find you and make you feel short. :P Even your imperfections are (usually) as amusing as they are frustrating, and I hope you could say the same for me. Even when you're flirting with female users (I look forward to you denying this even though no one will believe it anyway) or getting a little too upset about a crit, I'm glad you've been around. No other user has inspired my greatest creative effort on PC so you must be a pretty great ginger. Eventually, I'll stop hanging around during school breaks, but keep in touch anyway! Thanks for all the memories.

Luke: I know we stopped talking years ago, but I really appreciated you and always looked up to you as a kind of father figure. I remember sending you a PM when your bold blue text went away about how much I appreciated your time as moderator, only for it to be a DLoA or some other temporary thing like that. And then I felt like a suck-up or something, haha. But yeah, it was fun back in the day, and it wouldn't have been the same without you. Hell, we all might have killed each other and simultaneously self-combust in one big S&M explosion!

Asian Kev: I have to say, you've been a really zany presence. I can never tell if you're serious or not, but you've always been a real favorite of mine. I enjoyed talking about history, politics, life, and the great game of Diplomacy! with you. You'll be sad to know that I did eventually get my shiny Croconaw. But yeah, don't think I've taken your presence for granted, because I'm always really happy when I stumble upon Team Bidoof on the server. Good luck in life. I'll be around. ;)

Wolf: Ah, Wolf, a surprisingly formidable foil as a mod partner and then as the successor to D_A and myself. I'd like to think that over the years, we've built up something of a bond. You know, once you graduated from ShadowMightyena, I think you've pretty much always been a positive forum presence. Even if I've often disagreed with your vision of and approach to my old stomping grounds from a moderation perspective, I respect the hell out of you and appreciate how long you've stuck around. Even though I often get the impression that you don't care nearly as much as I did and this has bugged me a lot, I'm also probably being unfair. I'm proud of my contributions, but you've accumulated quite the resume yourself, and you'd have to be blind to miss that. But besides all that, I'll remember you as eternally friendly and positive, never doing any of the following: taking frustrations out on users of lesser stature, starting drama, being frustratingly two-faced, ruining the server chat, etc. That sounds way more backhanded than it is: many "great users" of S&M can't claim those things, myself included. It would be nice if I ever got your name out of you though. :(

You should probably give me an honorary staff position though. I haven't forgotten this. ;)

Vance: Just kidding.

Vrai: I really enjoyed your presence when you were around more. I'm also really happy that you (and Karp) were the really the first users to use PC as a springboard to becoming really good battlers and positive contributors, even if it's over at the Death Star. (Hehe.) You're probably the most chill and personable person I met here and it really wouldn't have been the same without you. I don't think I'm exaggerating at all when I say that you really helped me survive my last few years here when I was limping to the finish line like the nineteenth century edition of the Ottoman Empire. Good luck with everything you've been doing in real life, and I'm happy to hit you up with some contact info if you're ever nearby.

Pokedra: You know what? I'm kind of annoyed that whenever people think of you, they think of a victim of some time period that long preceded them instead of thinking of what a boss Pokedra the user is. (I would have said person, but I'm assuming your name isn't Pokedra.) All the past stuff aside (which has been beaten to death anyway), I'm grateful for you being a forgiving guy but also someone who is reasonable, funny, and cool. You also became a pretty good battler, which is always cool to see. Sometime, we should rematch! It's been awhile. But yeah, for what it's worth, I'll always consider you a friend, and I hope the feeling is mutual, bud.

Karp: It's really been cool to see your maturation since our more combative days a few years back and I've enjoyed hanging out with you this past summer. You have very interesting perspectives and it's really a pleasure hearing you express them and being a positive influence in the remnants of old S&M. I know you're not around much anymore, but I'd love to talk again sometime.

BeachBoy: You returned, what? Good to see you again and I definitely had a ball with you and the rest of the gang back in the day. I'd be being dishonest if I didn't mention that you were also kind of fun to make fun of, mostly when we perceived that you had abandoned S&M for "greener" pastures on the rest of PC, haha. But nah, you were great to have around and I'd like to think that we were the only section that didn't engage in shameless BeachBoy brown-nosing. WE WILL KEEP IT REAL FOR YOU!!!! Also, I consider us to be Battle Tower buddies, so I hope you don't mind. ;P

Jake: I have no idea why we didn't talk more earlier in our PC lives because you're a great dude who's really pretty hilarious. It's been real chilling with you over the summer and I hope everything in life goes well. I'll be Facebook stalking you from afar. :P

SIMS!: If you ever read this, I'll remember you a lot for your supportive voice, as I discussed above. I haven't forgotten your hilariously green sense of humor, in the sense that it was very Vileplume- and Luigi-centric. IIRC, you were pursuing something culinary, so I hope that's all worked out! WE LOVE YOU SIMS. (Actually though. We really do. YOU ROCK DON'T EVER CHANGE.)

Zeffy: I won't pretend like we've ever had a super strong relationship or anything, but you've now entered the fraternity of people with the unique combination of ambition of self-loathing who moderate this place. I'll check back every few months to monitor you and Wolf. ;) (Except not really, to be honest, but pretend like I will!) Good luck! If I am around, feel free to ask for advice. I can't guarantee that it will be good though.

Aero: It was really cool getting to meet you this past summer! My first and only PC meet-up. Beyond that, I enjoyed having you around all these years as a consistent presence around PC and as someone who kept it real. Also, my knowledge of One Direction band members has expanded beyond "the one Taylor Swift briefly dated" as a result of your presence. And no, I don't consider this a bad thing, haha.

Sri: You are the future, I hope not singularly. You're cool, so good luck to you!

Syaoran: Mega Lopunny will be sooooo much better tonight?

Sebastien Loeb: Feelings you I have for most definitely variety of fondness memory for your translator beswath the broken is Nabbicuno XD

So yes, I suppose this is "just my personal thred." The last one you'll all be treated to, probably. I'm thankful to everyone for the memories and I hope that everything goes swimmingly for everyone, both here on PC and elsewhere. Good luck friends. I'll miss everyone! It might be my time to go, but I won't soon forget the times we shared here.

Best,
    "Anti"

Years
  • pretty cool post, Anti, thank you for the compliments, cool that you got to meet up with aero as well

do you plan to stick around after this post? how have things been on here recently?

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Even though I often get the impression that you don't care nearly as much as I did and this has bugged me a lot, I'm also probably being unfair.
    As of late that's certainly true, but it's improving. I was reassessing my current interest in battling when I was on a DLoA for the last three weeks.

It would be nice if I ever got your name out of you though. :(
    I've told you what it is twice already. :(

So yes, I suppose this is "just my personal thred." The last one you'll all be treated to, probably. I'm thankful to everyone for the memories and I hope that everything goes swimmingly for everyone, both here on PC and elsewhere. Good luck friends. I'll miss everyone! It might be my time to go, but I won't soon forget the times we shared here.
    This is what, the third time you've left? You'll be back. ;) At least I hope so. If not, then farewell and I hope life treats you well. Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Aw you leave right when I come back! For the record I remember starting your official fan club thread here "back-in-the-day" ;P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Sebastien Loeb: Feelings you I have for most definitely variety of fondness memory for your translator beswath the broken is Nabbicuno XD

Dying.

I'm glad we've gotten to know each other better recently, especially since we've been around each other for what, six years? Jesus. But yes, enjoy life, as I will Facebook stalk the hell out of it, whether you like it or not!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • pretty cool post, Anti, thank you for the compliments, cool that you got to meet up with aero as well

do you plan to stick around after this post? how have things been on here recently?

I don't think I'll be staying around. I'm pretty busy with life and whatnot, but I'll return over breaks as I usually do to lend a hand, complain that no one cares about battling, etc. So, the usual. :P As for the state of things now, I can't really speak to that. I hope more things happen, I suppose.

As of late that's certainly true, but it's improving. I was reassessing my current interest in battling when I was on a DLoA for the last three weeks.

I've told you what it is twice already. :(

This is what, the third time you've left? You'll be back. ;) At least I hope so. If not, then farewell and I hope life treats you well. Thanks for the kind words.

Speaking to the last part, I can't say I've counted, but I don't really feel like I ever came back. If I'm being honest, I feel like something of an outcast here now, and I don't really have any complaints about it. As I like to say, it's not my forum anymore. Obviously, I still like to steer it in the "right" direction if I have time, but my time has come and gone. I won't ever be "back" in any real sense--though I guess that qualifies me for server admin. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

I do not recall ever hearing your name, though upon hearing it a third (?) time, it rings a bell. I'll find out your age now. Go me.

As for the first point, I actually do think it's pretty unfair. It's not my determination to make.

Aw you leave right when I come back! For the record I remember starting your official fan club thread here "back-in-the-day" ;P

Ah yes, member fanclubs. Good times. For what it's worth, I've been pretty absent for several years now, so I wouldn't sweat it too much. I'll check in occasionally, as I always do, so feel free to drop by a PM every now and then.

Dying.

I'm glad we've gotten to know each other better recently, especially since we've been around each other for what, six years? Jesus. But yes, enjoy life, as I will Facebook stalk the hell out of it, whether you like it or not!

Same to you, and I will most definitely return the Facebook stalking.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • We will indeed always be battle tower buddies. Let's just hope they don't leave out the frontier from future games. ORAS devastated me.

It's been swell, Anti. You're awesome.

Back