• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ミ★ƒυℓℓмєтαℓ αℓ¢нємιѕт★彡Fan club!

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Saturday's Brotherhood was good... and sad. I actually liked Barry, or however you spell his name... it was kinda ironic how he died, though.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Barry the chopper, you mean?

Well, you're actually laggin' quite a bit. xD;

Eh, updated the first post. It has CSS in it now.
    Fellow FC members, plz take a look. ;]

Last edited:

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Yes, Barry the Chopper. I've been watching it on Adult Swim, since this computer sucks for watching Anime anymore :(

The CSS looks nice! The member's list is a little.... off, though. A couple of them are off center. My name doesn't have a 22 after it either :P

derozio

Years
  • Well, the way he was killed...it was srsly kind of sad. His own body erased his seal. ;;
    Eh, anybody liked the way lust was killed? I srsly loved it. xD;

I've done some modifications. ;]
    And well, sorry 'bout the '22' thing. Probably might have done that when I was like..feeling drowsy. xD;

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Do ya mean cooked to a crisp? Yes. Yes I did. Mustang is teh awesomesauce.

Thanks for fixing mah name! Para and Insane's names are still kinda off, though =/ I wish I knew what to do to help, but alas: I cannot do CSS. A friend did the stuff in my sig.

derozio

Years
  • Yeah. xD;

Eh, which episode are you watching again, SA? You really need to watch 53 and 54. They're just wicked! xD;

What do you mean by 'off'? Don't get it, to be honest. :o

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I kinda wanna watch in-sequence. I missed a couple of episodes, and I don't particularly wanna get confused anymore with the radical differences :P

Besides, I like waiting patiently like a good boy for FMA. It's like the ONLY series I like Dubbed.

Their names are, for me anyway, centered within the image, not aligned with the rest of the member names, if that makes sense. I dunno what it's called, so I just said image, but.... I hope you know what I mean.

derozio

Years
  • Well, I never told you to skip episodes. Ha ha, take your own time. I was just sayin' that you'll love them. They involve an 'angry' mustang, after all. xD;

I don't really like it dubbed, tbh. ;;

Well, can you provide a screen cap? Might be just your browser? :o

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    OK~ *loves the ticked off Mustang*

Sorry.... I've just always loved Vic as Ed =/ I'm not a fan of the new Alphonse or Scar, though. I can understand why Alphonse had to be replaced, but why Scar? ;-;

I tried taking one. It wouldn't work ;-;

Years
  • The dubbed version of Brotherhood is pretty good. They kept most of the original voice actors. (I'd be really pissed if they changed Ed's voice actor from Vic D:<)

I don't like Al's voice though x_x

derozio

Years
  • Err, if this 'Vic' guy's so awesome, why the heck do I find the Japanese voice actors better? Well, it may be just me though, I guess. :x

I'll probably check the dubbed version once moar. Who knows, I might just like the voices better this time! xD;

@SA: Why aren't you able to take a screenshot? ;;

I srsly wanna watch the new episode atm. ;_;

derozio

Years
  • Yeah, I'll just update the list. :D

Ep 35? You srsly need to catch up, pgt. ;;

derozio

Years
  • You shouldn't have a lazy attitude towards awesome anime like FMA, pgt. ;;

OMG, DID ANYONE SEE THE LATEST EP?? AWESOME! 8D

derozio

Years
  • You srsly shouldn't watch even the starting, pgt. It might spoil all the fun. D:
    And well, which ep are you on currently, pgt?

So, anybody, apart from pgt, has seen the latest episode? ;;

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
  • Err, if this 'Vic' guy's so awesome, why the heck do I find the Japanese voice actors better? Well, it may be just me though, I guess. :x

I'll probably check the dubbed version once moar. Who knows, I might just like the voices better this time! xD;

@SA: Why aren't you able to take a screenshot? ;;

I srsly wanna watch the new episode atm. ;_;

Vic Mignogna is one of the most recognized American voice actors for anime dubs. Also, yes, it is your personal taste and not his acting because he's a terrific actor. I honestly can't stand Paku Romi as Edward, actually. However, that is my personal preference as well.

The thing is, it's not about the voices. It's about how well they can portray the character. If a dub actor's job was to copy the voice of the Japanese version, groups like FUNimation and Bang! Zoom would just spare the expense and sub the shows. However, it is a much more immersive experience for native English speakers to have someone voicing the character in the language they speak. I, for one, tend to grow tired of having to read a show and sometimes the dialogue in a show goes so fast that you don't have time to read the subtitles. A good example of that is Tatami Galaxy, a show on FUNimation's website slated for a dub. I tried watching the first subbed episode they had on there, but everything moved so fast I couldn't understand it. I'm just gonna wait for the dub to be released for that show.

Yeah, there are some bad dubs out there, but there are equally as many bad Japanese versions as well. It's just a lot more difficult to tell for us English speakers because most anime fans are convinced that Japanese sounds cool so it must be good acting. This is a huge misconception, but there's really nothing that can be done about it. I was once a Japan worshipping weeaboo, much like the majority of people who prefer subs. I know what it's like to be immovable in your opinion that the Japanese version is better and anyone who likes dubs is an idiot. However, I came around to realizing that they fluxuate equally in quality. One isn't better than the other on the grand scale, but rather on an individual basis and even that isn't total fact since so many people have differing opinions.

Yes, there are some shows I will watch in Japanese. Brohood and Fairy Tail are two examples. However, especially since I hope to be a voice actor myself one day, I tend to support the dubs more. Not to mention, it's a much more legal way of watching a show. Unless you're watching the sub on FUNimation's site.

Alright... lecture on dubs over. Get back to your normal lives, I suppose.

Oh, and I dunno what the "latest episode" is for you because I'm following it on FUNimation's site which has up to episode 62. Though 62 was pretty damn awesome. :D

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Hm :/

Myself, I prefer subs, because it's what the anime's made for, I think it sounds better and I love japanese :P
    Yeah, personal preferances.

Btw, I watched four eps today, so I'm closing up, okay Dez? ;)

Back