• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I didnt end up fighting the deck that got first so idk. I think it might have been plasma if i recall correctly. I'm not sure how my deck does against the new version of team plasma. With genesect and lugia instead of kyurem. It seems like a pretty bad match up. Since lugia OHKOs Beedrill with no deoxys support.

But i did beat the guy who got second in states. A blastoise/keldeo/BK Ex deck. Pretty convincingly too. 2-0 against him.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I picked up the XY Trainer Kit today. I mostly picked it up for the 12 Fairy Energies, but the Pokemon cards are definitely gonna be useful if I wanna make a fairy deck. Which I do.

Years
I picked up the XY Trainer Kit today. I mostly picked it up for the 12 Fairy Energies, but the Pokemon cards are definitely gonna be useful if I wanna make a fairy deck. Which I do.

I'm personally not a fan of any of the Fairy Pokemon that got put in the Trainer Kit, but maybe I'm just too focused on the competitive side of things when it comes to deckbuilding.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm personally not a fan of any of the Fairy Pokemon that got put in the Trainer Kit, but maybe I'm just too focused on the competitive side of things when it comes to deckbuilding.
I'm not planning to be real competitive. I just want to have fun. It's just a jumping off point, I'm gonna get more fairies from the XY base before I start anything. As I said, I mostly wanted the energies, haha.

Years
That assumes I can get my hands on that many Xearneas, haha! Is the one in the Tins and the box promo the same as the one in the XY Base?

Tin is EX with different art from XY Base EX, and the Box Promo is the normal one with different art from the normal one from the XY Base. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure they're the same as their base set counterparts, just going from memory.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Tin is EX with different art from XY Base EX, and the Box Promo is the normal one with different art from the normal one from the XY Base. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure they're the same as their base set counterparts, just going from memory.
So which one were you referring to in your suggestion?

Years
Bahaha, just kicked the tail of some idiot with a deck LOADED with EXs and a couple haymakers 6-3 (and I counted at least 4 different types, I mean really, I don't know how he managed to get energy onto half of them) with my humble little modified Solar Strike. The arrogant snot thought he almost had me too at one point because of a Shaymin EX (30 damage plus 30 for each prize your opponent has taken. I'd taken 5, and had a type disadvantage), complete with arrogant little "nice try". I beat him two turns later thanks to a Pokemon Catcher when he tried to withdraw the Shaymin. Even without the Catcher, unless he had some crazy trainer up his sleeve, I had a Bouffalant waiting on the bench that would have taken out any of his remaining cards (all EXs) in one turn.

Oh, most of the time I hate EXs, but sometimes, they are just so much fun, bahahahaha

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Does anybody buy cards online? Not boosters, but individual cards or groups of specific cards.

I used to, but now I prefer regular boosters because I like to add commons and uncommons to my collection. The only types of cards I bought online were ex and LV. X cards from eBay. I realized that it can possibly save you a lot of money if you have bad luck with pull rates and you really like those ultra rare cards :P

Years
Bahaha, just kicked the tail of some idiot with a deck LOADED with EXs and a couple haymakers 6-3 (and I counted at least 4 different types, I mean really, I don't know how he managed to get energy onto half of them) with my humble little modified Solar Strike. The arrogant snot thought he almost had me too at one point because of a Shaymin EX (30 damage plus 30 for each prize your opponent has taken. I'd taken 5, and had a type disadvantage), complete with arrogant little "nice try". I beat him two turns later thanks to a Pokemon Catcher when he tried to withdraw the Shaymin. Even without the Catcher, unless he had some crazy trainer up his sleeve, I had a Bouffalant waiting on the bench that would have taken out any of his remaining cards (all EXs) in one turn.

Oh, most of the time I hate EXs, but sometimes, they are just so much fun, bahahahaha

EXs can be oodles of fun, but they've been overused in tournament play. They really do need more counters.

Does anybody buy cards online? Not boosters, but individual cards or groups of specific cards.

I used to, but now I prefer regular boosters because I like to add commons and uncommons to my collection. The only types of cards I bought online were ex and LV. X cards from eBay. I realized that it can possibly save you a lot of money if you have bad luck with pull rates and you really like those ultra rare cards :P

I have in the past, but it's not my typical method, primarily due to not wanting to spend a ton on cards, since I will if I order online, because there are so many gaps in my collection.

Wobbu

Years
I have in the past, but it's not my typical method, primarily due to not wanting to spend a ton on cards, since I will if I order online, because there are so many gaps in my collection.

It doesn't help that people often sell cards for more than what they are actually worth online. What I did was sort cards by lowest price to highest, in which I would look at the cards that were being sold for less than $10. I never looked for a specific card, I just always liked receiving new ex cards to add to my collection.

Years
It doesn't help that people often sell cards for more than what they are actually worth online. What I did was sort cards by lowest price to highest, in which I would look at the cards that were being sold for less than $10. I never looked for a specific card, I just always liked receiving new ex cards to add to my collection.

Well, I've not found that to be an issue, personally, but I tend to look at what it's sold for recently so I know what to expect when attempting to buy. And I stick to sales with a "Buy It Now" price, typically. Auction prices tend to be nuts, so I avoid those like the plague.

Years
EXs can be oodles of fun, but they've been overused in tournament play. They really do need more counters.

Yeah, it's really ridiculous how many people use them. I've got one EX, but I don't use it. Just feels like too big of a gamble to rely on them (I also don't have enough dark types to make a decent deck with it). A good portion of my deck was built specifically to counter EXs, so I mostly focus on that aspect of the game (2 Bouffalant with Gold Breaker, 2 Suicune with Safeguard, 2 Deluge Blastoise to get the energy on them fast, and several Great Balls and Kangaskans with Call for Family to get the cards I need. I do sometimes have problems with setting up my cards fast enough because of high energy costs if my opponent has a type advantage or pulls an EX way early on, but for the most part, it hasn't done too badly). It can be frustrating at times, but it's so much fun to be able to beat people with EX-reliant decks without having a single one in my deck.

Years
Yeah, it's really ridiculous how many people use them. I've got one EX, but I don't use it. Just feels like too big of a gamble to rely on them (I also don't have enough dark types to make a decent deck with it). A good portion of my deck was built specifically to counter EXs, so I mostly focus on that aspect of the game (2 Bouffalant with Gold Breaker, 2 Suicune with Safeguard, 2 Deluge Blastoise to get the energy on them fast, and several Great Balls and Kangaskans with Call for Family to get the cards I need. I do sometimes have problems with setting up my cards fast enough because of high energy costs if my opponent has a type advantage or pulls an EX way early on, but for the most part, it hasn't done too badly). It can be frustrating at times, but it's so much fun to be able to beat people with EX-reliant decks without having a single one in my deck.

It'll never happen, but the TCG could really do with 1 or 2 EX counters for every type, especially since EX cards are becoming even more prevalent with Mega Evolutions having been introduced into the TCG.

Wobbu

Years
Well, I've not found that to be an issue, personally, but I tend to look at what it's sold for recently so I know what to expect when attempting to buy. And I stick to sales with a "Buy It Now" price, typically. Auction prices tend to be nuts, so I avoid those like the plague.

I have a magazine that has a large section that lists the value of all TCG cards (ending with Power Keepers- it's an old magazine haha) and the prices were always lower than what people were selling them for on eBay. Although I was a little skeptical of the magazine's accuracy...

Buy It Now is certainly the way to go. Auctions are definitely hectic and it's hard to win one without paying an obnoxious amount of money or being really lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back