• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Right,

i'm interested in collecting a few cards even if I don't play (getting no joy from Magic: The Gathering as of right now).

My local store has two boxes on sale, the elite trainer box and the theme decks.

Which sort of box should I go for? (There's also a set of 3 boosters of Sun Moon as well if I should go for that).

Years
Right,

i'm interested in collecting a few cards even if I don't play (getting no joy from Magic: The Gathering as of right now).

My local store has two boxes on sale, the elite trainer box and the theme decks.

Which sort of box should I go for? (There's also a set of 3 boosters of Sun Moon as well if I should go for that).

Looks like you made your decision already, but I'd recommend the ETB every time, personally.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Any of you guys on HeyFonte on FB? I'm thinking of running Eric Gansman's quad Lapras build at a league cup this weekend instead of my Lapras-Box

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I am actually not a part of any TCG Facebook groups aside from one for a league local to me, so I'm not familiar with that build.

Credit to Eric Gansman for the list said:
Pokemon: 5

4x Lapras GX
1x Wobbuffet

Items: 22

4x VS Seeker
4x Puzzle of Time
4x Crushing Hammer
3x Fighting Fury Belt
2x Nest Ball
2x Enhanced Hammer
1x Switch
1x Float Stone
1x Super Rod

Supporters: 19

4x N
4x Flare Grunt
3x Sycamore
2x Lysandre
2x Skull Grunt
1x Olympia
1x Delinquent
1x Kukui
1x Hex Maniac

Staidums: 4

4x Rough Sea

Energy: 10

10x Water Energy

Basically you just slow play the disruptive game with Fett and the resources then start hitting hard mid-game with Lapras. Supporters like Flare Grunt give you disruption even if you're stuck with Lapras up front under Item lock and puzzles allow you to recycle those precious hammers. Gansman has talked about his desire to drop a Team Rocket's handiwork (over Kukui) in the deck but I don't see the need . It's putting even more down to chance. People are calling it the new Wailord denial deck. I certainly see the merit in the build and will be test running it at a league cup on Saturday

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Time to retire this dusty workhorse.

Use the other stickies for chit-chat within their respective topics, and the #pokemon-tcg channel on discord for casual IM chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back