• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles (OOC)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Hoenn_Map.jpg

Trumpets​

A Hoenn Journey Roleplay​

Rated [T]
OOC Thread | IC Thread

Natural. This would be the word that could describe Hoenn in its entirety. There are very few large cities in the region as most of the areas are covered up forests, plains, and the Hoenn Desert. Hoenn also has the largest water route that is passable without the use of ships or boats. It has a tropical-like environment, with forests covering up almost sixty-percent of the landmass. There is only one true volcano, Mt. Chimney, which developed in the region. It is also constantly riddled by various weather patterns, such as intense rainstorm, drought, sandstorms, and falling ash from the mountain. It is a really diverse region when it comes to geography.

However, trainers do not flock here to sight-see. The Pokemon League, situated in Evergrande City, offers great challenges to trainers who aim to gather the eight badges the region has to offer and take a shot at the regional League. If an individual is not interested in taking the challenge of the Hoenn circuit but still wants to experience the joys of battling, Hoenn offers the most expansive Battle Frontier out of all the regions. He or she can challenge the seven Frontier Brains who specialize in a unique field, be it rental battle or the natural fighting style of each Pokemon.

As a trainer, you strive to explore the region and see what it has to offer. You decided to challenge the Gym Circuit and collect the badges. You might, one day, strive to champion the Pokemon League. With your Pokemon who you have to meet along the way, you are determined to grow both in strength and in character to call yourself worthy enough of the title, Pokemon Master.

Do you have what it takes?

How the RP works:​

This would be, by large, a sandbox RP. You would be free to do anything, so long as it remains within reason. As GM, however, I will moderate the areas that would be open to you. I will be directing your adventure towards the goal (that is, the Pokemon League) but you are free to do whatever you want during the journey. Make friends or enemies. Travel alone or together. Collect all Pokemon or try to barrel through the region with only your starter Pokemon. It is all up to you.

All players will be starting in Littleroot Town and progress from there. Routes and new areas will be closed to all players until they have managed to finish a quest or an event. However, once open, it will remain open indefinitely for you to come back to unless I specify it.

Capturing Pokemon​

There would be no limit on the Pokemon to be caught. The PC system is up and running so once you go over the six Pokemon limit, every Pokemon caught would be automatically sent to the cloud. The list of Pokemon available for capture would be provided by the GM everytime a new route is opened up.

When attempting to capture a Pokemon, the post must be ended with the ball shaking. The GM will decide if the capture attempt is successful or not. If it is not successful, feel free to try again.

There will be no acquiring legendaries in this RP. They would not play any special part in the RP, plot-wise, but feel free to encounter them.

Trading Pokemon is only allowed between players. That means no NPC-trading as this could complicate things as you can catch a Zigzagoon and trade it for a Metagross any time you want.

Moves​

A maximum of 6 moves per Pokemon is set. Moves must be legal on a Pokemon including Egg Moves and Tutors. However, there is no need for a complicated series of breeding a Pokemon just to get a certain move or getting to a specific place for a tutor. It is up to you when and where to teach your Pokemon new moves. As always, be realistic. TMs and HMs are non-existent.

For HM moves, it is naturally learned by a Pokemon. There is no need for an HM move to take up one of the move slots. However, ensure that the specific Pokemon that will be using that HM (if needed) can legally use it in the game.

Evolution​

There would be no leveling-based, trade-based and happiness-based evolutions in the RP. It would be up to the player if he or she wants to evolve his Pokemon, barring evolutions that requires stones. In this case, the required stone must be acquired during the RP.

In the case that a player deems an evolution to be coming, he or she must notify the GM and wait for GM's approval.

Gyms and Gym Battles​

Refer to ORAS Gym Leaders for the gym circuit leader set. A player can directly challenge a gym leader with any battle type he or she might think of, unless otherwise stated by the GM.

A Pokemon that is available for a Gym Leader's use will also be provided. It is up to the player to choose what Pokemon the Gym Leader will use from this roster.

Team Magma and Team Aqua​

The setting of the RP happened after the Delta Episode in ORAS. Team Magma and Aqua is no longer existent. However, members are still dotting the region, living their lives normally. There is nothing stopping you from interacting with them, as long as there would be no mass movement from these people.

Archie and Maxie, however, will be making an appearance later in the story.

Rules and Regulations​

- Rated T. Keep it that way.
- Follow all the RP Corner and RP Lounge rules and we will be fine.
- This will be an open SU RP. I will only close it once I feel there are too much people and I con't control them no more.
- Be friendly to people!
- No one is unbeatable, no matter how that Hoenn theme goes. No one is unbeatable.
- I welcome new RPers!

Sign-Up Sheet​

Name:

Hometown: Anywhere in the world. However, do not use non-canon locations (that is, locations that couldn't be found in any of the games, core series or not)

Appearance: Pictures are appreciated. Written descriptions too. Whatever sails your boat.

Personality: Mention your battling style, strengths, weaknesses, and how you act around other people.

History: OPTIONAL. You can mention or develop your character's history during the RP.

Starter Pokemon: Any Pokemon that is not evolved. Include gender, ability and moveset. Nickname if possible.

List of Players​
Click the Pokemon for SU
Fire as Barc Nite
ShaymieTheShaymin as Aria Duchannes
LinearAxel as Rose Burne
Dragon as Micaiah Nanami
Loki as Ellis Tove
Fennekin210 as Zachry Alma
The Nero as Payton Murphy
Desinishon as Ace Decesare
dud190 as Seraph Westdoor
FireSnow as Maurice Watson
killer150 as Chan Wei Han
Frozen Heart as Melody Hughes
Crescent Moon as Luna Crescent
Legend as Vincent Baker
asphodel as Linnet Royer
Shak as Drew Tucker

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Name: Zachry Alma

Hometown: Originally Lavaridge Town, currently resides in Sootopolis City

Appearance: Zachry Alma stands out from almost all other trainers at 6' 3". Zachry's build is fairly lean as well with a wiry frame. Despite this, he has developed some muscles from his childhood living in Lavaridge Town and his current residency in Sootopolis, making him to appear lean but not scrawny. His skin tone is white, but with a perpetual medium-dark tan. He has mid-length, dirty blond hair that is wavy and unkempt and is usually worn down. His face is roundish with a youthful face and a not-so-defined jawline, making him appear to be a couple years younger than he actually his. His eyes are hazel and wears rectangular, wireframe sunglasses most of the time, obscuring them. For his neck, Zachry likes to wear a bandanna around his neck. In the summer, Zachry's usual attire consists of worn t-shirts and cargo shorts (some of them torn from years working with Pokemon), with some variation with short-sleeve button down shirts (usually striped or plaid) and sweatpants when it is not as warm. For baggage, Zachry uses a brown canvas backpack that has a plethora of pockets for any sort of packing needs.

Personality: Not being very competitive, he likes to battle with compassion and is usually not so driven by competition and as such is more battling just for the sake of growing close to Pokemon which is what his absolute favorite thing about living is. While he definitely prefers the great outdoors and being free with his Pokemon, Zachry also digs being able to study about a variety of things from history to astronomy. However, his love for Pokemon and knowledge comes at a steep social price: he has almost no clue how to act with other humans. He is extremely socially awkward around people and is constantly berating himself for not being able to properly interact with other people. However, he finds solace in the fact that most of his friends are Pokemon and confides comfort in them just like any other person would with another human being. Granted, the few human friends that he has made over the years have been very close to Zachry and continue to provide another avenue of support for him. Apart from his inept social skills, he can also be fairly uptight when things change on him (an after effect of a traumatic move that uprooted his childhood). Due to said trauma, he can suffer panic attack without warning and has trouble managing his emotions at times. It can be up to a combo of friends and his Pokemon to bring him back to normal.

History: Pertaining to the aforementioned traumatic childhood move from Lavaridge to Sootopolis, his past was uprooted by the death of a favorite Pokemon and his mother as the result of a freak accident hiking near Mt. Chimney five years prior. Having only lived with his mother (he never knew his real father, who presumably abandoned Zachry and his mother at the age of two, had been living another life with another woman in Slateport City until Zachry was 10 years old [all without knowledge by Zachry's mother or Zachry] and disappeared), his entire sense of well being was shattered and so too did his emotional stability. Having no other relatives to turn to (least of which his father), he was placed up for adoption and eventually wound up in the loving arms of a very nice couple in Sootopolis. The couple, Alan and Delia Bevin, were fortunately a very positive and supporting of Zachry. Working to the present day, he has slowly but surely started to heal with the combination of Zachry's Pokemon and the Bevins.

Starter Pokemon: Female Fennekin (nickname: Charlotte) , Quiet Nature, Blaze
Moveset: Psybeam, Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Psychic

Edit: Sentences have been fixed. Added history, other minor adjustments.
Edit 2: Fixed first sentence. Edited history to fix plot hole with my story.

Last edited:
Years
I edited another old SU of mine, so let me know if anything needs to be changed. It's like four in the morning, and knowing me I probably missed something. xD

Name: Arianna "Aria" Duchannes

Hometown: Lavender Town

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Aria is a petite girl, standing at only 5'4. She has pale skin and looks easily breakable. Her bright blue eyes are accented by the dark shadows under them from many sleepless nights, and glow brightly when she uses her abilities. Her curly black hair falls down to the middle of her back neatly. She has a star shaped birthmark underneath her right eye, a sign of her heritage. Aria normally wears a knee-length gray dress with a white sweater and black ankle boots. She wears a locket with a picture of her and her mother when she was younger and almost never takes it off. Her wrists are covered with multiple bracelets that her aunt has given her.

Personality: Aria is a very shy girl and tries to avoid making contact with other people as much as she can. The reason for this is because of her psychic abilities. She's scared of hurting others and tries to distance herself from others. Unfortunately, people seem to be attracted to her, which makes it harder for her to avoid them. She often stresses herself out overthinking things, which leads to things around her being broken due to her frustration. She considers herself a monster that can't be controlled and refuses to believe otherwise.

She finds it hard to trust people, and it took her a very long time to even trust her aunt and uncle.
Once someone breaks through her shell, however, she's a very sweet girl. She hates seeing people get hurt and will do whatever she can to help people who are hurt, or even prevent them from getting hurt. She can be stubborn when she wants to, and hates when people try to change her opinion on things. She loves Pokémon and thinks that they're the only ones who understand her.

Aria goes for a strategic approach when it comes to battling, and chooses to stay on the defensive. She tries to avoid attacking as much as possible, since Eliza doesn't understand the limits of her strength. The only person Aria's ever battled is her cousin Cameron, who trains her and Eliza to help them control their psychic powers.

History: To be revealed later.

Starter Pokémon: Espurr ♀ (Eliza) |Infiltrator|
Scratch | Confusion | Disarming Voice | Fake Out

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Name: Barcholomeus "Barc" Nite
Hometown: Fortree City

Appearance: Barc is a rather tall, thin guy with relatively darkly tanned skin and even darker brown hair in curls that reach down just beneath his ear. The hair is held back from his forehead with a brightly pink bandana. His eyes are a green, minty color and his mouth looks a bit large and often smiles widely.

He usually wears armless tops in blue or green colors, and keeps a black jacket tied with its arms around his neck; usually Hoenn is warm enough that he doesn't even need it during nighttime. He mostly wears light brown cargo pants with plenty of pockets, held up by a thick belt with pockets for berries and empty pokéballs as well as magnetic holders for 6 pokéballs meant to contain his future team.

Personality: Barc is a prankster. You might not think so, since he is enlisted as a pokémon ranger trainee and supposed to be reliable and help people out, but his greatest joy in life is to see others be befuddled and confused and hopefully also breaking out into laughter afterwards. It's hard, being a prankster with a heart of gold. It's hard and sometimes you rub people the wrong way and feel guilty about it. In general though, Barc is a well liked dude, possibly only obnoxious sometimes because he gets weird ideas that others don't agree with or don't want to try out. And once an idea gets ahold of him, he has trouble letting it go without at least trying it out.

His main interest in the last year has become pokémon battling. He's not a fan of seeing pokémon getting hurt, but regards battling as more of a game of intimidation and strategy. And perhaps a little bit as art. It's about confounding your opponent into realizing that you are superior, and make them give up. With simple wild pokémon, this often means just scaring them away. It's more difficult with trainers. Especially stupid trainers who won't realize when their pokémon has reached their limit. Barc might seem reckless or strange at times, but he is quite intelligent and can feel hopelessness when he has to deal with people whom he deems stupid.

History: Barc grew up in Fortree City, and as such is used to being close to nature at all times. He lived with his parents and two big sisters in a rooftop house. His sisters adored Winona and both wanted to become trainers in her gym when they grew up. As such, they both owned a couple of flying type pokémon each. Barc never really felt that urge, rather he liked pokémon that were a bit more down to earth.

One day when Barc had just turned 20, he found a hurt Growlithe in the forest and brought it home to tend to it. His sisters really didn't like the tiger dog, but his parents didn't have the heart to throw it back out, and they were sort of proud that Barc had finally found attachment to a pokémon of any kind as he had never really shown much interest before. Growlithe became a valued friend and aided Barc in his work as a ranger trainee.

There were many reasons for why pokémon rangers were necessary to employ around Foretree City - normal police being trained elsewhere couldn't navigate in the wild and firemen and doctors didn't have the skills necessary to help out properly in the woods. The rangers were people with a multitude of skills and knowledge about the wild and about pokémon, and when Growlithe made Barc realize that pokémon weren't so bad after all, he tried to get enlisted and succeeded.

However, his fellow rangers commented on the fact that Barc seemed to actually be more interested in battling than in the wilderness itself. They often joked and said that he should become a pokémon trainer and take on the gym challenge when he was still young. As his sisters had started training as apprentices at Winona's gym, Barc felt that maybe they were right after all. Why not take the chance when he had it? And so, he traveled to Littleroot Town to meet with professor Birch and see if he could get a pokédex and register for this season's Pokémon League Tournament and challenge the Gym Circuit.

Starter Pokemon:
species: GROWLITHE | gender: MALE | ability: FLASH FIRE
Bite - Roar - Ember - Flame Wheel - Take down - Odor Sleuth
058.gif

jombii

Years

I need you to edit your appearance quite a bit. There are some sentences there that needs to be rewritten (see sentence numbers 4,5, and 7.) I like what you did there by describing two different clothing styles for the different seasons but there really is no need for winter clothes as Hoenn is typically a tropical country.

Same sentence construction problem with the personality (sentence number 1) and a few grammar issues here and there. Also, I need you to expand on "fairly uptight when things change on him." I do not understand what this means so I think an explanation on that childhood trauma will clear this.

Also, I noted that it is possible that your Pokemon could have six moves at a time. I don't know if you intended to give Charlotte only four moves, but you could have two more if you want to.

I'm iffy on the thought of having characters with supernatural abilities in this world filled with creatures with supernatural abilities. There are very few people in the games and in the anime with such powers. Are you open to editing your SU and removing the psychic powers altogether?

Also, six-moves are possible.

SEVERUS SNIP

tiger dog lol ACCEPTED!

Years
Not really... I feel like Aria's psychic powers are part of what make her an interesting character. I can always make a different character, though. (I'm always stubborn when it comes to changing my characters, sorry. @~@)

jombii

Years
I sent you a pm regarding the Psychic power thing! :)

Aria is accepted!

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Name: Rose Burne

Hometown: Goldenrod City

Appearance:
Spoiler:
At the short height of 5'3, Rose is often mistaken for being younger than she is. Traveling makes for a fairly lean body with toned legs due to so much walking. Her natural hair color is a mild blue that reaches slightly past her shoulder blades, along with several bleached-white streaks around her face. Her eyes are upturned and brown, while her skin is lightly tanned from years of outdoor exploration.

(Clothing style will be shown in an attached image, as I am terrible at describing clothes.)

Personality: Rose has a one track mind, and that one track is Pokemon. She is eager to experience everything the Pokemon world has to offer, and interact with as many Pokemon as possible. She favors Pokemon that sacrifice bulk for speed, and using that speed to set up a quick sweep. She tries to teach her Pokemon a variety of moves in hopes of always having one super effective move against her opponents. Rose enjoys adventure and will step into unknown situations without hesitation in hopes of encountering one, that is, until something goes wrong. Her confidence can be shattered with extreme ease. From gung-ho to devastated so quickly can make her a bit difficult to understand, as there is rarely middle ground. Rose is generally friendly (more so to people with Pokemon), and though not the most talkative, she truly enjoys to be in the company of others, especially while traveling.

History: Will be revealed over the course of the RP.

Starter Pokemon: Vulpix (Tanna). Gender: Female. Ability: Flash Fire.
Moveset: 1. Flamethrower 2. Will-o-Wisp 3. Extrasensory 4. Energy ball 5. Hex
037.gif

Attachments

• RP.png
    RP.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 10

jombii

Years
If we're discussing the feline side of Growlithe, I think it's more like a mix of lion and tiger, considering that Arcanine has a majestic mane.

arcanine.gif

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It's got tiger colors and dog personality. I'm not gonna budge, mine is a tiger dog ;D

I'll name him Tiggrdoge.

jombii

Years
Since it is now named Tiggrdoge, I will let you teach it Bounce.

Much power.

jombii

Years
I think the rule was four players before IC starts lol jk

Also, I'm not going to play. I'm just going to GM. LOOOL

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think the rule was four players before IC starts lol jk

Also, I'm not going to play. I'm just going to GM. LOOOL
I eagerly await your IC thread in my moderation queue then ;D

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Here it is! Lemme know if there's any problems.

Name: Micaiah Nanami

Hometown: Celadon City

Appearance: Micaiah is rather short in stature, with light-colored skin complemented with black colored eyes, and short, black hair that extends only to the base of her neck. She has a fairly fit figure, not too skinny or chubby, with slim five fingers on each of her hands, with short, stubby five toes on each foot.

As for her accessories and clothing, she wears a pink and white Chinese qipao with yellow short sleeves with pink and white folded sleeves, green baggy pants, and Chinese toe shoes. She also wears a pale green scarf with green lines that is tied on her waist.

Personality: Micaiah is a a nice and happy person, sometimes being tomboyish, signaled by her not-so gentle mannerisms, being sometimes portrayed as "too rough" with people. However, she still is very caring and straightforward with the people she would consider to be a good friend. She does enjoy nature, as he tends to enjoy spending most of his life outdoors, taking a look at wild pokemon, and other plant / wild life that's around.

However, Micaiah can be pretty naive, meaning she can instantly believe a ridiculous story or idea and call it a fact. Her naivety does lead him in sticky situation sometimes, but, she always believed that it was better to believe in someone rather than not having a certain degree of trust altogether.

Micaiah loves pokemon, but doesn't battle often. When she does, Micaiah appreciates power and speed above all else, more so towards speed, because she believed that speed would make it easier for her pokemon to maneuver so that they can be in a better position for frequent counter-attacks.

However, her talents are mostly her knowledge of pokemon herbs and medicines, from learning all about them from her relatives and from books, even from a young age. Perhaps that's another reason why she values speed - she detests her pokemon from becoming injured. She would rather spend her time treating her pokemon to be healthy, then to see them injured during battle.

History: While born in a fairly big city in Kanto, Micaiah was born in a small family of two, her brother and her grandfather. Her younger brother was quiet and sickly, so Micaiah spent most of her time taking care of him. Her grandfather was noble, and intelligent, always sharing his wisdom with the two kids. Micaiah was taught about herbs and spices especially, for the importance of healing pokemon, which she always appreciated.

Soon her training and learning were put to the test as she encountered a young Riolu, near the outskirts of the grasslands near Celadon. It was an injured creature who seemed to be on it's last legs. So, Micaiah spent the most of her days treating the young pokemon until it finally felt better. To this day, she always wondered why she was so stricken with that particular pokemon.. perhaps it reminded her of her weak brother. Her brother always wanted to seem so independent, but due to unfortunate circumstances, it led to him overexerting himself numerous times, leaving his big sister to worry about him constantly. Perhaps she felt the same way about Riolu, which she soon developed a strong connection with it.

She eventually found herself training, eating, and playing together with her new partner pokemon, and new best friend. Soon, the news of this season's Pokémon League Tournament and challenge the Gym Circuit came root to her town, with the suggestion of her grandfather that she should travel to take part on it. She was reluctant to at first, which meant leaving her brother and her grandfather behind, but her brother wanted to prove something to her, and himself that he needs to be strong. Micaiah had the strength he never had, and so, he became upset that she wasn't using her strength to her fullest potential, helping out others and meeting new trainers along the way.

This was the first time she had ever heard of her brothers true feelings, which led her to the ultimate test: for her to become even stronger so that she can help and protect her brother as best that she could. So, with her Riolu, she decided to travel to Hoenn, and thus, Littleroot town for her adventure to begin.

Starter Pokemon:

species: RIOLU | gender: FEMALE | ability: INNER FOCUS
Force Palm - Quick Attack - Foresight - Copycat - Low Sweep - Agility

447.gif

jombii

Years
She would rather spend her time treating her pokemon to be healthy, then to see them injured during battle.

I think you mean "than" rather than "then." Otherwise, you're looking fine. ACCEPTED!

Back