• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your intelligence quotient?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Wikipedia said:
    An intelligence quotient, or IQ, is a score derived from one of several standardized tests designed to assess human intelligence.

IQ scores have been shown to be associated with such factors as morbidity and mortality, parental social status, and, to a substantial degree, biological parental IQ. While the heritability of IQ has been investigated for nearly a century, there is still debate about the significance of heritability estimates and the mechanisms of inheritance.

IQ scores are used as predictors of educational achievement, special needs, job performance and income. They are also used to study IQ distributions in populations and the correlations between IQ and other variables. Raw scores on IQ tests for many populations have been rising at an average rate that scales to three IQ points per decade since the early 20th century, a phenomenon called the Flynn effect. Investigation of different patterns of increases in subtest scores can also inform current research on human intelligence.

For most of you an accredited IQ test really hasn't been a thing, so if you wish to take a gander see these non-accredited online tests here and here. I personally have taken both the online tests multiple times and an accredited test when I was 6, and when the numbers are compared the online ones tend to hit below the accredited number I got. So don't get your hopes down if you only get 108 or something, it's probably actually higher ;)

If you'd like, ITT you can share what you get online, or if you've actually done an accredited test you can share that too. Does it sound accurate to you? Does it seem fishy? If you didn't do the test or don't want to share, why is that?

Spoiler: Ugh, here's mine.
    I've taken three online tests, and like I said one accredited IQ test from a Children's hospital in Columbus, Ohio. The first time I took the online test I got 128, the second time I got 135, the third time 115. My accredited score is 139. It's really hit-and-miss.

Before we go I want to mention that as is the nature of GC things should really be kept light unlike a few threads. It's not a competition or contest to see who's the smartest, it's not to pick out intelligence or anything like that. If you get a score you don't like or don't like the thread's premise you have no obligation. We try to have fun here. Personally I'd like to see some statistics, but we'll see how that pans out. I really hate it when threads get all messy.

Sir Codin

Every time I take them, online or accredited, I score pretty much between 125 - 132.

I think I may have gone higher, but I can't remember. It anything, I know I've never scored lower than the 120's and I've never gone 140 or higher.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Gauges me at around the high 130's, although the IQ really doesn't hold much weight in any regard these days. You could have an IQ of 160 and be homeless in addition to being addicted to pain killers and alcohol. I think the IQ is just a fancy way of saying you're good at taking tests. The best advice I can give you is the advice of Carl, whom truly does not care whether or not your IQ is above average:

[hd]Y6MQUaXFfLY[/hd]

Substitute 'Abs' with 'IQ'

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Mine's supposedly between 70 and 80, which is considered borderline intellectual functioning. It's kind of odd that it's actually so low. O_o In all honesty, I don't really put much faith in IQ testing though. I know I have a lot of developmental/intellectual/learning delays, but it's mostly due to my autism. I don't think it should affect my IQ. I'm actually a lot smarter than people think I am, and my IQ shouldn't even be that low either. That's kind of why I frown upon those kinds of tests that claim you have a certain IQ because you can't do one thing. They don't measure the person's abilities at all.

Huh. I took one of the IQ tests and it said it was between 79 and 95. D: I'm obviously not as smart as I think I am.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What exactly is intelligence and whether or not IQ tests are an accurate measure of intelligence is debatable, but yeah, this ain't the place for it.

First test it said between 110 and 126, the 2nd one gave me a score of 122 (which I thought would be lower since that one was heavy on math-y stuff).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've taken an online test twice with scores of 121 and 127 iirc, so I go by 125 as a nice rounded number. I'm a slow thinker and kinesthetic learner, so I would expect to score below my actual intelligence in such a test (espcially if completion time contributes to final score, which I think it may in some versions of the test), which isn't to say I think my actual IQ is more like 140, rather that I'm surprised I have a score over 110 regardless of my actual IQ.

Years
  • I really don't trust those online tests in all honesty (I have done some though), but I did have an accredited test when I was about eight. The general consensus is that I'm in the range of 121-130, whether or not I'd score higher or lower if I wasn't autistic has been questioned several times but nobody has an answer.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • according to that first link in the OP, between 117 and 133. however I highly doubt that 8 questions are an accurate gauge, so that should obviously be taken with a grain of salt. (;

126 according to the second

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I got 127-143 on the first test, and 131 on the second, but the latter focused a lot on math stuff, so I probably didn't do too well on that. I don't really believe free online IQ tests, but from the few I've taken, I do score between that 127-143 range, so it might have a bit of accuracy, but I still take it with a grain of salt. I do want to do an accredited test someday, though.

Yukari

According to the first one My IQ is between 133 and 149. And according to the second one my IQ is 121.

...Okay.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I've never taken one online, but my school made me take one in 2nd grade with an actual Psychiatrist, and I scored 152. I feel like that number has been steadily dropping as I get older though. lol

IQ tests aren't particularly trustworthy imo, especially online tests. They gauge a very specific type of intelligence, which isn't really all that useful in the real world, unless you actually end up a scientist or something. So like, yeah I'm amazing at taking tests, but I'm also still jobless, without a huge amount of hope for better prospects in my future at 23.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • these non-accredited online tests here and here

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa... I'm honestly having trouble believing the results I got. =/

First test:
    "Based on your performance on the IQ test we estimate your IQ score to be:
    Your IQ score lies within a range of 121 up to 137."

Second test:
    "You have an IQ of 144."

As of two to three years ago, my IQ was supposed to be somewhere around 100, if not a bit less. Then again, luck will always be a lurking variable, and there's nothing(?) that can be done to eliminate it.

Years
  • 124 on the first, and 125 on the second. I think it was b/w 120 and 130 last time I took an unaccredited test too.

I don't like those weird symbolic geometry tests. They always stop making any sense in the last quarter, and then it's just removing the least likely answers and guessing for me. The second one seems like anyone who payed more attention in Algebra (and also figures out the anagrams carefully) is going to score higher.

(And as said, there are different areas of intelligences and skills one can have/build, so I believe that IQ is irrelevant in the real world.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Mine's between 103 to 119. So pretty much average.

You are all smarter than I am :/

Years
  • I've never taken an actual IQ test. That first test gave me a result of 115-130, and the second gave me 146.
    I don't really place much faith in those tests, but if that second one was right I'd be pretty happy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    i had a proper intelligence test Wechsler something(HWI) i scored 106 overall, with a 87 on logical thinking(maths operation and puzzles) and 127 in verbal/language quotient. and the third column For working memory(like your brains RAM function) or so cant remember exactly was 106 )Showed what I already knew from school, namely that maths isnt my strengths, but I am not to shabby linguistically/verbally.(writing this as a ESL speaker) Those Internet test are quite erratic, imho and they dont test as much as the HWI one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    (hwi is the German version of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale . look it up on wiki.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • In the first test, my result ranged between 129-145.

The result of the second one was 146.

In the past, the majority of my scores hovered in the 140's.

I honestly don't consider myself that bright, but I also don't have much faith in myself.

Low self esteem, a-ho!

Back