• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your intelligence quotient?

Years
    I took one of them and it said I scored between 121 and 137. I took an IQ test in school last year and I forgot my score.

Years
    So far the one thing my IQ has mattered in is making my school look like **** for me failing their curriculum. The argument is "if I'm so intelligent then they're failing me as a student, not the other way around." Which if that's getting me high school where I get to sleep in 'til noon and do whatever I want for the most part and still graduate, I'm cool. :P

You know the textbooks are all a load of crap for the most part. Very few come out of public school and make careers out of their lives, so really learning trigonometry before you go and be a worker bee is… inconsequential. I'm of the opinion those sorts of things are there to give you the illusion that you're there to "learn." Yeah, you're learning alright lol

nope nope nope nope nope

The argument that "if I'm so intelligent then they're failing me as a student, not the other way around" is a terrible logic. If intelligence is the only criteria for the pass/failure of a school, that it logically implies that you don't need to do jack shit in order to not fail, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Also with regards to trigonometry: it helped me design and sew together a Jake plushie (from Adventure Time) and that got me all the boyfriend points. sooo don't take the skills you learn in school for granted because they're definitely useful if you find a use for them.

Also these tests are wildly inflated. It is highly unlikely that I have an IQ of 149 as decided by the online test when my actual IQ is around 130. 19 points might not seem like much, but 149 is in the 99.2th percentile and 130 is in the 96th (by one measurement). A score of 149 means only 0.8% of the population has a higher score and a score of 130 means 4% of the population has a higher score. That's not consistent at all.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    nope nope nope nope nope

The argument that "if I'm so intelligent then they're failing me as a student, not the other way around" is a terrible logic. If intelligence is the only criteria for the pass/failure of a school, that it logically implies that you don't need to do jack shit in order to not fail, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Also with regards to trigonometry: it helped me design and sew together a Jake plushie (from Adventure Time) and that got me all the boyfriend points. sooo don't take the skills you learn in school for granted because they're definitely useful if you find a use for them.
    It's not that I'm intelligent that they're failing me, lol. It's that their bosses, and their bosses and so on are seeing a child with statistical advantage statistically failing. Professionally it makes them look like idiots to their supervisors.

Honestly I think the public school system doesn't just fail smart kids, it really fails everyone. Then again, it wasn't meant to make kids succeed to begin with - where is the logic of giving people higher knowledge for nothing in return add up in any capitalist country? The schools teach people how to obey. I have been in them, I've seen it for myself. Don't question, don't make disturbances, don't break flow. It's how they're set up, and I'm of the opinion they're meant to work that way.

When humans want something to work right they have the intellect to make it happen - it's just dependent on whether they want to if they do it. (Just a thought.)

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    What is your intelligence quotient?

Spoiler:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I did a few tests when I was in Grade Five (about thirteen years ago). At the time, my IQ was around 135 - enough to qualify me for the Gifted Program - but there was a broken-down, more extensive test done as well. It estimated my comprehension of mathematics (Grade Eleven-level), English writing (Grade Twelve-level), and three other things randing from Grade Eleven- to Grade Twelve-level.

I'm not sure what that latter test was, but pretty interesting that my level of writing when I was ten was on-par with what is expected typically from students aged eighteen.

I then when on to write a few novels between 12&14, graduated with a 95.2% average and currently have a 9.0 GPA at university as a First Year.

I'd like to redo a test for IQ, though, since I'm sure it evolves with age and experience.

Spoiler:

I got a perfect score (10.0/10.0) in Math for Statistics this past semester at uOttawa. I suck at math, but this was nice to see, as I understand this crap lol z-scores, standard deviaton, mean, median, blarghhhh!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I was in our gifted and talented program from 3rd grade until they stopped saying gifted and turned into honors and let any joe schmo in who could do their homework. When I lived on the military base in california our kindergarten class was getting too crowded for the teacher and so they gave everyone tests to take and they decided I was intelligent enough to be put into first grade within the first couple of weeks of being in k. Of course that changed once we moved to indiana and I was put back into k.

Ever since I was in 5th grade I've scored at least 1400 on the NWEA reading tests. Which really sucked because as a 5th grader my teachers were trying to get me to read textbooks because they were the only thing they could find at my reading level and for some reason it was required for us to read at our reading level.

I took two different IQ tests just now one being 22 questions and the other being 40 something. I scored 116-131 on the 22 question one, and 134-149 on the 40 something question one. Probably didn't help me much that they had a lot of color oriented questions and I'm colorblind. I'm glad my score hasn't gotten too low with me sitting around doing absolutely nothing for about a year.

Years
    I personally scored 121-137 on the first and 138 on the second. I highly doubt the accuracy. I've never had an accredited test but I would gauge my IQ to most likely be somewhere between 123-125.

I base my own estimate on that in my final exams at school I achieved a total weighted score of 93.64, which is the 93rd percentile out of every one in the state sitting exams. I also understand this is a flawed approach to guessing my IQ, but it's better than these tests. :P

You know the textbooks are all a load of crap for the most part. Very few come out of public school and make careers out of their lives, so really learning trigonometry before you go and be a worker bee is… inconsequential. I'm of the opinion those sorts of things are there to give you the illusion that you're there to "learn." Yeah, you're learning alright lol

You beat me to it! Trigonometry is definitely one of the most useful mathematical things you will learn in secondary school (in addition to algebra, of course).

Also these tests are wildly inflated. It is highly unlikely that I have an IQ of 149 as decided by the online test when my actual IQ is around 130. 19 points might not seem like much, but 149 is in the 99.2th percentile and 130 is in the 96th (by one measurement). A score of 149 means only 0.8% of the population has a higher score and a score of 130 means 4% of the population has a higher score. That's not consistent at all.

I agree. It doesn't make sense that most people taking the test are scoring 130+. I'd love to know these tests are determining where 100 is. The scale has to be constantly calibrated for it to have any meaning, otherwise the average may creep to be 'greater' than 100 (Luck Hax's post). People like to feel smart, so these tests exist just to pointlessly feed ego.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I agree. It doesn't make sense that most people taking the test are scoring 130+. I'd love to know these tests are determining where 100 is. The scale has to be constantly calibrated for it to have any meaning, otherwise the average may creep to be 'greater' than 100 (Luck Hax's post). People like to feel smart, so these tests exist just to pointlessly feed ego.
    Actually, I don't think it's as much the tests are bogus as they are old. There's something with IQ tests called the Flynn effect, which I won't go into detail explaining but you're more than welcome to read here.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    So far the one thing my IQ has mattered in is making my school look like shit for me failing their curriculum. The argument is "if I'm so intelligent then they're failing me as a student, not the other way around." Which if that's getting me high school where I get to sleep in 'til noon and do whatever I want for the most part and still graduate, I'm cool. :P

Well, your school is stupid then. Students with a high IQ almost always need to be stimulated, or they'll most certainly lack behind. Assuming that a student with a high score will do good is a bad thing, because it mostly means that the student will just be lazy, because they didn't get stimulated when they were younger. That means that they have trouble actually learning for tests now, which makes school harder.

Text books teach you loads. The problem is that you don't have a certain career path chosen yet, so they try to give you a wide basis to build upon. My school system gives us three years in which we get the basic information for every class you can take when you get older. I got physics, even though I don't do anything with it now, but they taught it to me anyway to give me the possibility to do something with it later in life. They don't want to limit students, that's why most people only start to specialize at uni.

It's 8 questions, so it is way to short to base attach a accurate score to. I tried the first one again and answered all the questions wrong on purpose, and it gives you an IQ of 91-107, which means that most people wouldn't be able to even get one question right, according to that site. It most certainly is inflated.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Well, your school is stupid then. Students with a high IQ almost always need to be stimulated, or they'll most certainly lack behind. Assuming that a student with a high score will do good is a bad thing, because it mostly means that the student will just be lazy, because they didn't get stimulated when they were younger. That means that they have trouble actually learning for tests now, which makes school harder.
    Wake County, North Carolina Public Schools ftw. These schools are embarrassingly stupid, you nailed that. Two other non-military public schools I was at weren't this bad.

Text books teach you loads. The problem is that you don't have a certain career path chosen yet, so they try to give you a wide basis to build upon. My school system gives us three years in which we get the basic information for every class you can take when you get older. I got physics, even though I don't do anything with it now, but they taught it to me anyway to give me the possibility to do something with it later in life. They don't want to limit students, that's why most people only start to specialize at uni.
    Although that is one way to do it, I think there's more than one way to skin a cat in this instance. The only problem I see is that people are unsure about where they want to go professionally and either pick the wrong field and stick with it/change fields, or are lazy and don't pick a field at all. Something larger societally has to happen for that to change, I guess. There's a better way but there's more at work than can allow to change it :/

It's 8 questions, so it is way to short to base attach a accurate score to. I tried the first one again and answered all the questions wrong on purpose, and it gives you an IQ of 91-107, which means that most people wouldn't be able to even get one question right, according to that site. It most certainly is inflated.
    You know, it may well just be crap, actually. I shouldn't credit it with the Flynn effect so hastily.

Years
    Actually, I don't think it's as much the tests are bogus as they are old. There's something with IQ tests called the Flynn effect, which I won't go into detail explaining but you're more than welcome to read here.

I know about the Flynn effect, which corresponds with what I said before. Without constant calibration of 100, the scores you get may not be meaningful.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    "133 up to 149"
    "You have an IQ of 132"

So my results from these two are kinda similar but I'd rather get a professional test tbh :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I did a few tests when I was in Grade Five (about thirteen years ago). At the time, my IQ was around 135 - enough to qualify me for the Gifted Program - but there was a broken-down, more extensive test done as well. It estimated my comprehension of mathematics (Grade Eleven-level), English writing (Grade Twelve-level), and three other things randing from Grade Eleven- to Grade Twelve-level.

I'm not sure what that latter test was, but pretty interesting that my level of writing when I was ten was on-par with what is expected typically from students aged eighteen.

I then when on to write a few novels between 12&14, graduated with a 95.2% average and currently have a 9.0 GPA at university as a First Year.

I'd like to redo a test for IQ, though, since I'm sure it evolves with age and experience.

I got a perfect score (10.0/10.0) in Math for Statistics this past semester at uOttawa. I suck at math, but this was nice to see, as I understand this crap lol z-scores, standard deviaton, mean, median, blarghhhh!
    Intelligence quotient is broken up in age. So if you are 20 you have an IQ of 140 then it relates to all other 20 year olds but not for example 40 or 30 yo.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Intelligence quotient is broken up in age. So if you are 20 you have an IQ of 140 then it relates to all other 20 year olds but not for example 40 or 30 yo.

Ah, OK. That makes sense. I knew it had to have something to do with it, since comparing a ten-year-old to a twenty-year-old doesn't make sense. Different experiences give you different perspectives, reasoning, etc. after all.

I'm curious to have an IQ test redone, but I don't want to pay for it lol :pink_laugh:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    so according to this test everyone here is a genius, i'd say it's a bit biased :p i also like how one asks for your gender as if that has anything to do with it.
    Do you think there might be a better gauge out there for one's intelligence?
    there's a lot of different types of intelligence, not just one. i don't think there's any test that can give a definitive answer.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    Most IQ tests are just...bad, especially the ones online. If you'll notice, 90% of the internet claims to be a super-genius. They're really pretty meaningless and don't reflect anything at all.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    First one:

Based on your performance on the IQ test we estimate your IQ score to be:
    Your IQ score lies within a range of 133 up to 149

Second one:

You have an IQ of 140.

I think I won the IQ

Back