• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow your fic to be licensed by Nintendo, (only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? This especially goes for Sci-Fi.

Only if they acknowledged the fact that it wouldn't be kid-friendly and allowed me to be the director. :P I'd probably allow it to be licensed by Nintendo, but made by a different company. So that they don't butcher it.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Woof. Lots of furloughs.

Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow your fic to be licensed by Nintendo, (only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? This especially goes for Sci-Fi.

Dearest Mastermind, thy splendor on the big screen would be without equal. Seriously, it's basically Gattaca combined with Ghost in the Shell combined with a good version of Battlestar Galactica combined with Ender's Game.

...Oh...my...lord. I am such a geek.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Update to the Bold Topics Index

My beloved partners in crime.

I'm now even more insane than before and so I'm gone to conquer the world with my trusty Nidorino.

I have Updated the «Bold Topics Index» with the most recent topicness, insanity and announcements all around from the time period from September 01 to October 07, 2009.

Due to wordcount/charcount limit on posts, the Index has now been split into two different posts (and they'll most likely become three different posts by the end of the year). But anchor-links and a TOC have been provided to ensure a useful and practical navigation.

Now, be merciful with me and sing me a lullaby so I can sleep... :D

I'll get up to speed with the chat here sometime.

Oh and very interesting issue, this merging.

Bay

Years
It's quite interesting many of you say you don't want your stories to be "kid friendly." What's wrong with that? D: Then again, NE can be considered kid friendly saved for the cussing. XD

And Post Office Buddy, I would say go ahead and do a few one shots as warm ups. I did that whenever I got stuck on my projects to keep the rhythm going. ^^

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
It's exactly what I'm doing now with Artificial, tbh. And it's always nice to have more characters to lol about in the Lounge.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Not a bold topic, just a question I need answered. :\

What's the best way to go about writing a dream? Like, how should I format it? All in italics, written between '<' and '>', etc.

Misheard Whisper

Years
I use all italics, after a scene change. (I use *** for scene change, personally, but it's your fic.) Then another scene change, and back to the action.

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
Years
Hellos.
It's around half-way through October, is anyone doing Misheard Whisper's Corn Maze Challenge?

Just wondering. :D

Misheard Whisper

Years
OMG GAIZ!
Spoiler:

I was bored. XP

I know I've missed a bunch, but the image is giant enough as it is. And if you object to your depiction, please tell me and I'll fix or remove you, as it may be.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
OMG GAIZ!
Spoiler:

I was bored. XP

I know I've missed a bunch, but the image is giant enough as it is. And if you object to your depiction, please tell me and I'll fix or remove you, as it may be.
Who's the Quod Erat Demonstrandum person? I managed to recognize, bobandbill and Astinus though.

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
Years
OMG GAIZ!
Spoiler:

I was bored. XP

I suggested this, but WHY AM I A BLUE MARBLE? And WHERE'S MY LIGHTSABER?

D:<

Misheard Whisper

Years
Who's the Quod Erat Demonstrandum person? I managed to recognize, bobandbill and Astinus though.
Q.E.D. is Feign.
I suggested this, but WHY AM I A BLUE MARBLE? And WHERE'S MY LIGHTSABER?

D:<
stfu n00b lololol

You are?

I thought you were the one with the flaming ball of flames that was saying ~nyaa. *notions to old theme*
That's Bay. With his Baysplosion.

:O Sparkles, I'm pretty sure I never promoted Monster Owl's presidency in the FFL. XD
Suuuuuuuure.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Demonstrate ad mea noster amate ex litteras.

I'm pretty sure I got some word order wrong, and maybe even wrong declensions, but I tried. (not that I looked up anything either though XD).

Anyway, we need a bold topic.

Look up an important word in your fic (perhaps in the theme of it or title, etc.) and attempt to find it's origin, is it what you expected? (If you cannot find the word I'll probably try to help XD)

Misheard Whisper

Years
Look up an important word in your fic (perhaps in the theme of it or title, etc.) and attempt to find it's origin, is it what you expected?

Main Entry: 1shat·ter
Pronunciation: \ˈsha-tər\
Function: verb

Etymology: Middle English schateren
That's what I thought; either that or German.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Just looked it up on the OED, its first recorded use was in about 1330 in middle English times, but has its roots in the word scatter (which appeared earlier in Old English). Its pretty much kept its original meaning as well.

Scatter is defined as to dissipate or squander goods or belongings. It did come from a dialect of German (not as the modern German as we know it, but a lot earlier), and is even found to be similar to its respective Greek word as well as other Germanic dialects, though the OED people question this.

sigma.gif
kappa.gif
epsilon.gif
delta.gif
-
alpha.gif
nu.gif
nu.gif
guacu.gif
nu.gif
alpha.gif
iota.gif
is the Greek form of the word. XD

Misheard Whisper

Years
I'd look it up in my Merriam-Webster for a more advanced etymology, but it's 6.30 in the morning and I can't be arsed using anything except the online MW.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
haha XD

I'll look up two of my words: shadow and aura:

Aura:

Came from Latin and Greek with the meaning of a gentle breeze.
Over the years the meaning slightly changed to a subtle exhalation from any substance (lol you could say you were in aura of the pot :P)
A distinctive impression of character or person.
Electrical atmosphere
And even a premature response to a seizure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back