• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Terrifying Destiny

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
  • Banner-1.jpg

Rom base:
    Pokémon ruby
    Rom owner:
    simdu68(me)
    creation start:
    january 2010

Introduction:
    Spoiler:

Story-line:(at last!!!!! :D)
    Spoiler:

Features:
    - new story
    - new maps
    - new tiles
    - pokemons G1-4
    - 2 regions (new region + new region(sorry for no names :())
    - new characters
    - sometimes you play together with your father and friend
    - every special pokemon event will take place in its original place(ex.: rayquaza, groudon, kyogre => you will go to hoenn to capture them, same for the other :D)
    - Special graphics for every different kind of area and landscape
    (the graphic of the game is most important for me BTW it's also my best skill so I'll try to make the best graphic ever ;))
    -elite 4 has a much more important role in the game then just staying in the league waiting for chalenges, they are the 4 best trainers of the region so I decided to give them an important role :D

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Maps:(if you prefere to discover the maps only when playing and not before DO NOT OPEN!^^)
    Spoiler:

be happy, I got something for you :D
    the first part of the region with the first landscape style in one full map......
    like a worldmap made of every single map^^
    WARNING GIANT MAP!!! (the pic is too big for photobucket so it was automaticaly made smaller, but you can still recognize the maps :D)
    http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy168/simdu68/Worldmap2.jpg

Progress:
    -Mapping:
    Sunrise village: 100%
    route 101: 100%
    Rivershore village: 100%
    route 102: 100%
    route 103: 100%
    Petalburg city(no another name yet): 100%
    route104: 100%
    Dream world(the place where you are in you dream^^): 100%
    first Town of second part of the region: 20%
    first route of seond part of the region:40%
    the rest: not started
    Tiling:
    first landscape tileset: 98% (all exept water tile)
    second landscape tilset: 20%
    other landscapes: 0%^^
    indoor: 5%
    common buildings(mart, PC, gyms....):20%
    Scripting:
    nothing anymore coz I changed story-line last friday and I haven't started scripting new dialogues, events...
    Spriting:
    Main characters OW: 1%
    pokemon OW: 0%
    pokemon back/frontsprites: 0%
    Main characters back/frontsprites: 1%
    Story-line:
    40%

Team:
    simdu68(me): team leader, game owner, mapper, tile artist, spriter, storyline
    perfectmonster: storyline
    firestormx19: sprite- and OW-inserting
    midori: mapping, storyline

Awanshazwan: pokemon sprite inserter
    mustafa505: spriter
    Violentiris777: Beta tester
    -dragoniteuser: giving name ideas
    -mustafa505: main spriter

Credits:
    -Alistair: bench tile
    -Reck: D/P/P houses
    -WesleyFG: small grassy rock tiles
    -Alucus: normal rocks
    -WesleyFG: seeing his great hack did me want to hack also :D
    -Bolens: game title screen
    -Darkrai N.1: thread title screen
    simdu68(me): all the rest ;P

Downloads:

alpha 1.0: not yet
    100% mapping
    100% tiling
    30% spriting
    5% scripting

alpha 2.0: not yet
    10% mapping
    40% tiling
    0%spriting
    0% scripting

beta 1.0: not yet
    beta 2.0: not yet
    demo 1 (1. region complete): not yet
    demo 2 (2. region complete): not yet
    final release (all regions, special areas, eventing complete): not yet

Support Banner:

Spoiler:

Help needed:

- 1/2 good scripters
    - 1 tile animation editor

Last edited:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • well, it will be not bad, because i started scripting for the first village but the result was really bad :S

so if you could help me it would be great, thanx^^

i'll PM you to say what i need......

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • well, it will be not bad, because i started scripting for the first village but the result was really bad :S

so if you could help me it would be great, thanx^^

i'll PM you to say what i need......
    sure, i scripting for my hack ,I can script for your.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • can you do a script at the beginning that the story before main players birth is telled but like a nightmare, then he wakes up at the mountain of rayquaza, rayquaza cries and flies away and main player flies away because of the wind, then will be in his bed......

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • That story...I know it's not really canon-based, but there's some things that don't add up.

For example, humans and Pokemon had existed along each other, since the dawn of civilization...And as long a time ago that would have been since they were first discovered, you wouldn't see modern-day scientists such as Prof. Birch.

Also, Poke Balls were first made by fitting Apricorns with special devices. Then Silph Co. and Devon made Poke Balls. (Also, since Birch is from Hoenn, he likely wouldn't have discovered the use of Apricorns, because the grow in Johto.)

And also...The flying Pokemon that Peter discovered was a Rayquaza...A Pokemon that powerful, (And as huge as it is) it would be hard, if not impossible to dodge each and every single one of its attacks.

And a random Deoxys crash-landing right next to the player's house. (Can you say Plot Contrivance Device?)

And uh...

Wouldn't it be "Main player has no other choice, he needs to go to Sinnoh to prevent the destruction of Sinnoh." instead of "
    Main player has no other choice, he needs to go to Sinnoh to avoid the destruction of Sinnoh."? (You wouldn't go somewhere to avoid its destruction, that's like running into a burning building for safety!)

But the story still has potential, as long as you fix some things up.
    And your mapping's not bad either, just that the 3rd map looks like the upper half of Dewford town, where you enter Granite Cave. And the one under that still resembles Route 103.

DuoRyan

Years
  • can you do a script at the beginning that the story before main players birth is telled but like a nightmare, then he wakes up at the mountain of rayquaza, rayquaza cries and flies away and main player flies away because of the wind, then will be in his bed......
    easy ,ok i will do a video to show result
    check
    www.youtube.com\scizormap
    Also are you using the original sprite or normal?
    of raquaza also what do you mean before maain player birtch is tell

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • no, now i got an idea, what prof birch tells will be the nightmare where the story is telled, then for the name and so i have got an idea, the story will be telled and at the moment of the main players birth it will be telled ".......one day peter bore a child:" then you can choose boy/girl then "it was named:" than you enter the name......
    i got another idea, when the story is explained there will be no prof birch, the first that apears is rayquaza(the story: "rayquaza got angry and shouted the cry of vengence" or something similar and then ther'll be rayquaza apearing, then he will fly away and then prof birch shall just be remplaced by peter......
    do you understand what i mean? (i'm french, my english is not perfect :S)

for the rayquaza i will not change it.........

For example, humans and Pokemon had existed along each other, since the dawn of civilization...And as long a time ago that would have been since they were first discovered, you wouldn't see modern-day scientists such as Prof. Birch.

Also, Poke Balls were first made by fitting Apricorns with special devices. Then Silph Co. and Devon made Poke Balls. (Also, since Birch is from Hoenn, he likely wouldn't have discovered the use of Apricorns, because the grow in Johto.)

And also...The flying Pokemon that Peter discovered was a Rayquaza...A Pokemon that powerful, (And as huge as it is) it would be hard, if not impossible to dodge each and every single one of its attacks.

And a random Deoxys crash-landing right next to the player's house. (Can you say Plot Contrivance Device?)

And uh...

Wouldn't it be "Main player has no other choice, he needs to go to Sinnoh to prevent the destruction of Sinnoh." instead of "
    Main player has no other choice, he needs to go to Sinnoh to avoid the destruction of Sinnoh."? (You wouldn't go somewhere to avoid its destruction, that's like running into a burning building for safety!)

But the story still has potential, as long as you fix some things up.
    And your mapping's not bad either, just that the 3rd map looks like the upper half of Dewford town, where you enter Granite Cave. And the one under that still resembles Route 103.

well, its true that the story needs to be aprooved :S
    but well i continualy thinking about it^^
    if not i also got language problems because i'm french so my english is not very goog^^

the third maps is the upper part of dewford town wich is the first map, in fact i made of dewford town and the map above a isle^^
    the rest is laso similar because i have no worldmap yet, but when i'll have it i'll change all maps acording to the worldmap so they'll al change, don't worry^^

DuoRyan

Years
  • no, now i got an idea, what prof birch tells will be the nightmare where the story is telled, then for the name and so i have got an idea, the story will be telled and at the moment of the main players birth it will be telled ".......one day peter bore a child:" then you can choose boy/girl then "it was named:" than you enter the name......
    i got another idea, when the story is explained there will be no prof birch, the first that apears is rayquaza(the story: "rayquaza got angry and shouted the cry of vengence" or something similar and then ther'll be rayquaza apearing, then he will fly away and then prof birch shall just be remplaced by peter......
    do you understand what i mean? (i'm french, my english is not perfect :S)

for the rayquaza i will not change it.........

well, its true that the story needs to be aprooved :S
    but well i continualy thinking about it^^
    if not i also got language problems because i'm french so my english is not very goog^^

the third maps is the upper part of dewford town wich is the first map, in fact i made of dewford town and the map above a isle^^
    the rest is laso similar because i have no worldmap yet, but when i'll have it i'll change all maps acording to the worldmap so they'll al change, don't worry^^

so like in the beginning or intro the professor say about the player birth ,you then wake up in a mountain and meet raquaza who scream and blow you away but you wake up finding out it was a dream .......it that right

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    dewfordtown.jpg

Looks nice, but I don't like the way you made the GYM or Pokecenter.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • so like in the beginning or intro the professor say about the player birth ,you then wake up in a mountain and meet raquaza who scream and blow you away but you wake up finding out it was a dream .......it that right

yes, it will be like this, so the story will be telled by prof birch only maybe it will be peter(main players father) who will tell the story because he's first the main character of the story, then the dream and then he wakes up at home.......it isn't too difficult for you?
    because me i would take years to do something so :S

Looks nice, but I don't like the way you made the GYM or Pokecenter.
    yeah, the pokecenter i'll change it, don't worry^^
    it told it that i will change all tiles ;D
    and for some gyms for example this one i'll have special tiles, i already thought about.....everything.....

Hm... this might be good...
    Anyways I wonder why the left part with the water and waterfall of screen chrunch posted is isolated... I mean how are we suppose to get there?

yeah your right, before it was suposed not togo there but finaly its serves nothing then if we can't go there^^

DuoRyan

Years

• yes, it will be like this, so the story will be telled by prof birch only maybe it will be peter(main players father) who will tell the story because he's first the main character of the story, then the dream and then he wakes up at home.......it isn't too difficult for you?
    because me i would take years to do something so :S

yeah, the pokecenter i'll change it, don't worry^^
    it told it that i will change all tiles ;D
    and for some gyms for example this one i'll have special tiles, i already thought about.....everything.....

yeah your right, before it was suposed not togo there but finaly its serves nothing then if we can't go there^^

ok easy i will do this soon i just need to work on my hack then i do that script

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • ok, you can of course on your hack first, its your priority^^
    me i need to continue changing tiles and also create a new worldmap........

but i got a problem, i can't insert my tiles :(

can someone help me to insert tiles?
    i inserted them but it doesn't work, the colours where not the same and it looks horrible :S

so i need help for inserting them...........

heres an example, the original tile is in the upper screenshot, in andvance map it looks worse but in the game even worse!
    heres the AM map and a gamepley screenshot..........
    newgras.jpg

PokemonRuby_01-1.png

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    heres an example, the original tile is in the upper screenshot, in andvance map it looks worse but in the game even worse!
    heres the AM map and a gamepley screenshot..........
    newgras.jpg

PokemonRuby_01-1.png

Well, as you AREN'T at the same map, I can't be sure. But I can tell you why right now - the flowers have an animation. So, that may answer it. Or that you also need to recolour any tile that uses the old path in Block Editor... Ergh... Look at the tree in your Tileset that is in Paint, OK? That uses the default ground unless you change it in Paint (same with that path!). The flowers are the same, but they use an animation, hence why your new flower tile hasn't shown up. As for the water edge, that is in a different pallette number. And... What the... What's wrong with the Wild Pokemon Grass? That is because you probably changed the pallette. Only change the pallette when you know the consequences, and what you are changing.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • well, all this i know, but the problem isn't here, if you compare the grass on the tileset picture and the screenshot it isn't the same, its this that i can't change -_-'

with the animation i know and i'll also do it ;D

but well, if someone can insert tiles i can send the rom and the tiles and he can change.......can someone do it plz?

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    nice story but i didnt like the part that humans are pokemon slaves i hated it .
    i cant wait until the first beta

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    well, all this i know, but the problem isn't here, if you compare the grass on the tileset picture and the screenshot it isn't the same, its this that i can't change -_-'

with the animation i know and i'll also do it ;D

but well, if someone can insert tiles i can send the rom and the tiles and he can change.......can someone do it plz?

What exactly do you mean? The grass looks similar in both.

Back