• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports 2016 NBA Playoffs

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Bad ref calls will always remind me of the 2002 Western Finals where the refs stole the title from the Sacramento Kings. There were terrible calls all throughout that series, all in favor of the LA Lakers.

So yes, bad ref calls make me even more bitter.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • Do you SMEEELL what Steph is cooking?

Curry.

Anyways, it is sad that Kobe left and Lakers didn't go to the Playoffs. I believe Spurs will win this one. Unless *cough* Steph Curry *cough* played, Spurs is raped.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm sure you're already bitter with this playoff series, considering how horrendous Game 2 went with the bad ref calls at the end /:

I sort of disagree, in a manner of speaking. If you're going by calls, why not call Manu for for a foul or violation of some kind for stepping over the inbounds line while defending it? Pretty sure that's a no-no, and that was done before Dion shoved Manu back.

Years
  • TBH, it ain't fair.

Kyle Korver was their only chance and you know what they did? They guard the crap out of him. Kyle Korver was their only hope here tbh.

Well, part of it was that the Cavs just caught fire with 3s pretty much all at once to start the series and stayed hot throughout the series. The Cavs were better to begin with, but they probably don't sweep the Hawks if they don't catch fire with 3s for basically the whole series.

I sort of disagree, in a manner of speaking. If you're going by calls, why not call Manu for for a foul or violation of some kind for stepping over the inbounds line while defending it? Pretty sure that's a no-no, and that was done before Dion shoved Manu back.

Dion's foul was more egregious and more visible than Manu's foul, so Dion's would be the more obvious call to make if you were going to pick just one.

Do you SMEEELL what Steph is cooking?

Curry.

Anyways, it is sad that Kobe left and Lakers didn't go to the Playoffs.

Steph Curry is clearly a cheat code. 40 coming off the bench? That's crazy. 17 points in OT? That's insane and on the level of Klay's 37 in a quarter and T-Mac's 13 in 30 seconds.

Also it's not sad that the Lakers didn't go, as they damn near always go. And they shouldn't have. Kobe, while still a fairly competent player, was nowhere near good enough to lead a team to the playoffs by himself. I do pity the fans a bit for having had to tolerate tank commander Byron Scott, but not much (T-Wolves fan, here; we've had plenty of coaches of Byron's caliber in the past). I just hope the fans don't rip Luke Walton a new one because the team isn't instantly competitive, as I think the Lakers have a couple seasons to go before they're back.

Ullion

Years
  • If you were to pick just one, then yes. But that doesn't change the fact that Manu's violation caused Dion's. It would be more wrong to call it on just Dion. But tbh that entire final sequence was a mess. :/

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I sort of disagree, in a manner of speaking. If you're going by calls, why not call Manu for for a foul or violation of some kind for stepping over the inbounds line while defending it? Pretty sure that's a no-no, and that was done before Dion shoved Manu back.

True, but it still comes down to the refs need to be on their game. In such a pivotal point of the game where clearly a foul was made reaching in over the inbound line, that needs to be called. Even the refs admitted after the game saying that they should have called a foul there.

By the by, I like the Spurs but I'm a Celtics fan at heart. Thanks a lot Hawks fir that display against the Cavaliers...

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • Steph Curry is clearly a cheat code. 40 coming off the bench? That's crazy.

I kinda agree but I kanda don't disagree.

It is just skills ok? But Omega, he freaking half court shots many times and even ankle-breaked Chris Paul, no. That is just skills and deal with it. I am no saying I am from the DubNation but my brother is obsessed with him and I told him that Curry is overrated and he told me this stuff.

Years
  • I kinda agree but I kanda don't disagree.

It is just skills ok? But Omega, he freaking half court shots many times and even ankle-breaked Chris Paul, no. That is just skills and deal with it. I am no saying I am from the DubNation but my brother is obsessed with him and I told him that Curry is overrated and he told me this stuff.

Curry's run this entire season has been simply insane. He was already in the superstar tier, but this season makes last season look relatively pedestrian.

Whether he can keep it at this level for next season and beyond is another story, though. He needs to have a completely dominating run to even be in the conversation for GOAT, despite what many already believe.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Well, the Hawks are out. Cavs swept them.

The other match-ups are back-and-forth with who's good. The one I'm worried about is the one between OKC and SA, because I'm a Spurs fan. And I remember how bitter the 2012 Western Conference Finals were for me to watch.

*OKC fan pokes head in and puts on video of 2012 series*

All seriousness though, that series has me really on edge. OKC simply has to win if they want to keep Durant and most likely will have to beat Golden State as well. If we lose, Durant is as good as gone, and the Spurs are looking like the top contender at this point. If that happens, I might actually cry. Not because I dislike the Spurs but because I love Durant and OKC that much.

So let's go OKC, keep the best player in franchise history!

As for the other series, I'm paying very close attention to the Heat/Raptors series. Its the kind of series that you remember for years to come. Top notch intensity, with everyone giving 100% effort at all times like each play is the difference between winning and losing.

Ullion

Years
  • Welp. If Toronto makes it to the ECF, they'll be lucky to even have anyone left from their original starting lineup not injured. :|

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I don't think it really matters who makes it to the ECF anymore. Unless there are some serious heroics pulled off, Cleveland is winning that series in no more than 5 games in my opinion. I'm curious to see if OKC can put away San Antonio tonight, because if OKC allows SA to tie the series then I think OKC will go on to lose game 7.

Years
  • Yo how the hell did OKC pull that off. SAS was straight cash the entire season and in the playoffs. My man LaMarcus was killing it. My man Kawhi was killing it. How did they let Westbrick do it. :[

I mean, I'm rooting for the Cavs now that my Hornets are out, but still. Spurs were a close third. Damn.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Western Conference Finals are going to be great.

Or the Warriors will sweep them in 4 games. You never know.

Ullion

Years
  • I don't think it really matters who makes it to the ECF anymore. Unless there are some serious heroics pulled off, Cleveland is winning that series in no more than 5 games in my opinion. I'm curious to see if OKC can put away San Antonio tonight, because if OKC allows SA to tie the series then I think OKC will go on to lose game 7.

It pains me to say this, but I agree. :/ If either team was healthy I think, the ECF would have been an exciting series to watch.

But main am I excited for GSW vs OKC. Love both of these teams. I am expecting GSW to win in 5 or 6 though. Seeing OKC handle SAS though, makes me a tad more worried for my warriors. ):

Years
  • Yo how the hell did OKC pull that off. SAS was straight cash the entire season and in the playoffs. My man LaMarcus was killing it. My man Kawhi was killing it. How did they let Westbrick do it. :[

I mean, I'm rooting for the Cavs now that my Hornets are out, but still. Spurs were a close third. Damn.

It's very hard to stop Westbrook once he catches fire. Hell, it's hard to stop him, period, even when he's bricking.

Years
  • It's very hard to stop Westbrook once he catches fire. Hell, it's hard to stop him, period, even when he's bricking.

Well, there's no denying they're a good team, and KD is a monumental player, but I saw the Spurs pulling through in that series.

How do you guys think they'll fare against the Warriors?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Welp. If Toronto makes it to the ECF, they'll be lucky to even have anyone left from their original starting lineup not injured. :|
    I'm hoping Jonas would be back IF they make it... He did shed his boot today.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Well, rest in peace Miami. I have Golden State in 6-7 and Cleveland in 5.

Back