• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Friends

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
When it comes to your PC friends list, are you selective of who becomes a member of it? Or do you just let whoever asks onto it?

Years
Since I love having friends, I'll accept anyone but if they disappear from PC completely without me knowing or get banned I end up removing them from my list so it remains clean.

I'm not really strict when it comes to friend adds.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I have to say I'm rather picky when it comes to my friend list, as in I won't accept random requests because that just seems weird to me.. adding someone you don't even know. But if I've talked with the person well enough and seen them around, then yeah I'll add them to my friends list. Other than that I do often clean out my friends list, perhaps every motnh or so. n__n;

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I some some standards. I usually don't add people I've never talked them but sometimes I will. But usually I have to get to know them or interact with them in someway before deciding to send them a friend request or accepting their friend request.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My friends list is empty and will remain that way. It's intentional, so that only staff can PM/VM me. {:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I *was* selective back then, but that was because I wanted to see who actually talked to me or not. I was really strict to requests. Like...I literally hated random requests. But now I'm like... "a friends list doesn't mean nothing anymore" So whoever adds me as a friend now are 100% more likely to be accepted without any circumstances. xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
To some extent, yeah. I'll only accept people I've actually spoken to in some capacity, so if people are just randomly adding me, they won't make the list. If they've made any sort of effort to get to know me, I'll probably accept.

I used to try to trim down my list all the time, horrified any time it went over 100. But you know what? I've been here over a decade now. <_< I'm allowed to make more than 10 friends a year, on average. I don't want to remove old friends even if they don't visit anymore and that shouldn't restrict new friends either. I think caps are, quite honestly, kind of weird... unless you only want to use it for quick access to your absolute closest friends.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yeah. I only accept people I actually talk to. I dont like having a large friends list of random people I don't even talk to. It seems silly to me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Not really.. I mean I don't get many random friend requests and all, and the rare time I do, I'll pop over and say hi and chat.
Why restrict people who just want to chill and get to know you? :c That's a bit unfair to me IMO..

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I like to put most people who talk to me on my profile on my friend list so I can contact the easier rather than trawling through my tens of pages of VM's.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Not really.. I mean I don't get many random friend requests and all, and the rare time I do, I'll pop over and say hi and chat.
Why restrict people who just want to chill and get to know you? :c That's a bit unfair to me IMO..

I agree completely. I don't really have any limitations when it comes to who my friends are/how many are on my list. I don't really get any random requests, either, but whenever I do, I never decline the request or ignore the person sending it. I'm very welcoming to those who want to be my friend, and I kinda expect the same from others. I honestly believe that meeting new people is the best feeling in the world.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I think I'm subconsciously selective. I'll talk with everyone and anyone, sure. But I only really "communicate" with people who strike me fancy for some reason, whatever that may be.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Usually I'm always open for random requests. And just like Kura, I always try to talk to them. I just love having new friends.

Years
Generally I am pretty strict on friend requests, and like how many have already pointed out, I must know a person well for them to be on my friends list or have interacted with them frequently at one point in my time (and theirs) as a PC member. Although I don't exchange VMs with much of my friends anymore, I still feel that I'm connected with them.

As for requests, I generally don't accept requests immediately, and usually I send a VM to get to know them better. However, I have made exceptions in the past to where I immediately add people to my friends list because I saw that their list was low, and didn't want them to feel bad for me denying a friend request.

Back