• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

infolinks

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
  • Mostly, I browse with adblock, but I've disabled it here, because I want to support the community.
    I'm fine with the top of page baner ad, but I find the infolinks inserted into posts very annoying.
    can you disable them?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The SkimWords are here to stay, unfortunately. Having them around helps pay for the server's cost.

You can try Rukario's directions in this post to disable them.

Supporters don't see them either. But other than that, the only way to really avoid SkimWords is by using AdBlock.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • You can try Rukario's directions in this post to disable them.
    It's better to use a script blocker (e.g. NoScript) and blacklist skimlinks.com from your browser's cookie settings instead of opt out because the opt-out functionality relies on a cookie so if you clear cookies like you should regularly do, you're opted in again.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Sorry that you don't like them but as mentioned they do help a lot with server costs.. so we do appreciate you visiting PC with your ad-block turned off.. thanks :)
    We have set a minimally invasive number of links ( IIRC its like 8 max per page) and they can always be differentiated from normal links by the 2 underlines as opposed to the single (or none in some styles) for the link.. PROTIP: if you don't hover them they do nothing.

Back