• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intrusive Shopping Links

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I'm experiencing this issue as well. I severely doubt this is a problem with specific computers, seeing as it would be strange that we would all have the exact same adware. I think the ads are integrated into the forums and based on certain words that are used on PC more frequently than others.
    it's not a problem with the forum as it's only affecting a few people.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I love how nobody has mentioned what this usually is 99.9% of the time. Some ads will install rogue plugins or extensions that force these ads onto you even if you use an ad blocker. Check your plugins/extensions and see if there are any that you are unfamiliar with and disable/uninstall them, and see if it fixes the issue.
    I love how multiple people have mentioned what this usually is 99.9% of the time.

(;

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Its not adware nor a virus or malware, so do go worrying your computers are infected or anything..

Its a simple affiliate program called Skimlink/words that finds keywords in a post (like brand names or popular products like the ipad) and creates a link which will always have a double underline so you know its generated by this. This affiliate link gens some income to help cover PC's costs of operation.

for how to op out of some tracking, just like any other adverts around the internet, as well as disable them for you, visit this: Skimlinks, https://skimlinks.com/user-cookies and for kontera, https://www.kontera.com/ad-choices?utm_source=kona_layer_adchoices

Hope this clears it up a bit

Last edited:

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
    I hate to say "I told you so" but...I told you so!

Anyway, I enabled Adblock and disabled "allow some non-intrusive ads", which disabled them. I'd like to support PC, but I hate those shopping links. Sorry!

Thanks, though, Rukario.

Back