• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ah! I get the auditing, it's just good to know who is or isn't interested vocally!

I do base things out of drawing pretty clearly, but it's not a requirement really! It's about building a way to plan images of all mediums, which can lean as heavily on reference as you need it to be. It's easier if you are sorta comfortable at drawing, but it doesn't have to be like that!
    Thumbnails pretty much only have to be at the level below, and from comps onwards if you wanted to do more graphic design/signature based stuff (we'll call them digital collage in illustration terms) you could begin doing drafts with the actual images you are thinking about using. And even if you did want to do it on drawing art or pixel art, the important part is the conceptualizing and composition, that's why I don't require a final image.

ZsjKHRJ.png
    I definitely think the theory and concepts you'd be teaching would be interesting, ironically enough, application would not be my strong suit haha. But yeah if you're holding a class or whatever I'll be sure to be around for it.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm gonna try to get in on the class too. I'm not professionally or classically trained in any aspect of art, and having some form of guidance beyond my own somewhat twisted intuition would do me a world of good, I think.

I'm having a lot of fun making up the pixel art class though! It's nice seeing all my little students grow. :')

Years
  • Self-teaching has always been my thing with art and I honestly would prefer it over classes where you are professionally taught. I enjoy keeping money in my wallet. ):

Also, lurking the pixel class is actually enjoyable as well. Kudos, Fairy.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I've been lurking the Pixel Art class as well ahaha. I really love the medium and like to learn to process but I'm really bad at it. Mainly because I'm awful at using a computer to do art idk. :|
    Poked around the CSS class a bit too but I'm overly familiar with the basics at this point. Maybe I'll join in once stuff gets introduced that I'm not great at? If it's okay for me to pop in classes randomly. :P (Even though I just did with Visual Development...)

Also! Visual Development is really interesting and I can see where and how it could be applied to so many different styles and mediums! I'm really excited to see how that class plays out. <3

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I have been so drained of inspiration lately it's actually starting to impact me physically, ugh.

I have my entire pixel art class lined out, three classes ahead of where we are now, but I'm so disenchanted with my own product that I've rewritten it like a million times now. My entire goal of reworking my gallery has been put on semi-permanent hiatus, and my participation in any other class has been null as a result.

Moreover, it's not a lack of motivation that's spurring this. I'm so charged with this creative energy I'll sit down for hours multiple times a day to work but come up with nothing to show for it. I'm writing and working on a thousand and one things for A&D, but in the end I scrap everything.

Anyone else feeling the same way lately?

Years
  • I have been so drained of inspiration lately it's actually starting to impact me physically, ugh.

I have my entire pixel art class lined out, three classes ahead of where we are now, but I'm so disenchanted with my own product that I've rewritten it like a million times now. My entire goal of reworking my gallery has been put on semi-permanent hiatus, and my participation in any other class has been null as a result.

Moreover, it's not a lack of motivation that's spurring this. I'm so charged with this creative energy I'll sit down for hours multiple times a day to work but come up with nothing to show for it. I'm writing and working on a thousand and one things for A&D, but in the end I scrap everything.

Anyone else feeling the same way lately?

Yeah I've been feeling a bit of it too. I'm trying to keep motivated to work forward to do illustration, but it's really hard to do on your own, to try and just work on something without immediately thinking it's bad.

I've been trying to get up at a certain time everyday and work out, and I didn't do it the last two days. I atleast did it today and made sure I didn't take any naps, but it's 7:00pm and I've still not drawn anything but two quick index painting test. I feel like my body is fighting me from being productive, but I just know I have to push through it. I think I might go to a coffee show for a few hours tomorrow, just to get a change of pace and sketch out some ideas.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Heyo A&D regulars! I've just been promoted to be your new mod alongside Fairy! If you have any problems, queries or just want a chat, I'm here to help and be a friendly face, just as I hopefully have been around here before! And I'm still the same person too! Just because I wear a bold blue username, doesn't mean I'm not going to be the chatty person I was before. Be sure that I want to help in getting A&D up on its feet again, and Fairy and I will be working towards that too, trying to bring A&D new stuff, and pick up the activity again.

So I hope I can do a good job by you all, and will see you around! :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • tbh aiden i kept forgetting you werent a mod

mb now that you are one i will forget you are

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ u are a lovely aiden so whatever

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I think I might still be in a greater state of shock than Aiden is lololol. This was such a deserved promotion and it was a honor to be there when it happened. <3

I'm seriously so happy to have another mod partner. Not since I was first promoted with Derozio did I actually have a partner and I have always felt I worked better in a pair. Aiden and I have some big, big plans for A&D and I think I speak for both of us when I say how excited we are!

Years
  • Sooo how has everyone been? I know we've been a busy bunch and I want to get an update on everyone! I have a feeling our 'spring break' might be long because of school obligations for many of you! I wish you guys well.

Me, right now I'm going to be participating in a newbie month long game jam, so that might be fun! We haven't decided, but we might be doing pixel art, so I could possibly get my hands going on that again. : )

Years
  • Hey all!
    I don't have much to do since I'm unemployed, there's no design work near here so I've been rather disheartened. But I'll try my hardest nonetheless!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Glad to hear that Zanark! :)

Hey guys, I just want to apologize for my inactivity in a&d, most notably my pixel art class and forum maintenance for this past while. I've been extremely busy with six classes and a job that needs my constant attention and has left me with very little time for PC at the moment. Not to mention dealing with the aftermath of this hack and a few other personal things I know are going on in both my life and Aiden's. I can't say for sure if my personal lack of attentiveness is effecting your a&d browsing experience, but to err on the side of caution I felt it was appropriate to at the very least explain to you guys what's going on and apologize for my inactivity.

So for myself (and most likely for Aiden cause I know he's going through some stuff right now too) I'd like to say that I'm sorry for not being around so much lately and promise that things will return to normal shortly! You all know how life can be sometimes. Thanks so much all of you for being patient with us while we work some things out. You guys are dolls. <3

Years
  • I want an update on how everyone is doing and what their plans are! It's been too dead in here. :( I know activity always goes down this time of year but it makes me sad.

Probably makes me more sad because I don't have a job right now and I'm trying to do freelance but don't have any clients yet, but anyways! That's what I'm trying to do, is work on art and getting better, but honestly I've just felt very tired and burned out. I feel like I've forgotten what I used to do and how to make as much art as I used to. When I had a job I spent all day thinking "I wish I could go home and draw!", but now that I'm home all the time I'm having a hard time getting myself to do just that! I know the things that could get me out of it in my mind, but I just can't force myself to do it. Ugh! That's also why I'm trying to rework my class, so I can get myself back into the habit.

(and hey, plug, you should join my class!)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ugh tell me about it. Sadly, this is pretty normal for A&D around this time of year! Still pretty upsetting though. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back