• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I wonder if this gengar and diance will have decent iv's. I've only been to one event, but it was like when i was 8. Do they just vary or what.

currently (not counting the Celebi from Pokebank which was just given to everyone with Pokebank) when you get a giveaway pokemon via Wifi event, a woman appears in the pokemon center (all of them, it doesn't matter which) and you can save right before you talk to her, she gives you a pokemon and normally they can have any IV spread, Nature and ability (if they can have more than one) with a few exceptions for nature. All you have to do is simply keep resetting and talk to her over and over until you get the nature and Ability you want. The IVs of most are also randomly generated like this so if you're patient you theoretically COULD get a high IVed pokemon, although I personally wouldn't have the patience.

Having said that, ALL legendaries in Kalos have at least 3 IVs so it's a guarantee that Diancie will have at least 3 perfect, albeit random IVs. You COULD more realistically keep resetting to get a 5 IVed Diance because you technically only need to have two perfect IVs generated since 3 will always be guaranteed. For that I might dedicate a couple days to just constantly resetting. :D

(And FYI, just because someone will bring it up, all wild caught baby pokemon such as Budew and Riolu also fall into the same category of also having 3 guaranteed perfect IVs as well)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    (And FYI, just because someone will bring it up, all wild caught baby pokemon such as Budew and Riolu also fall into the same category of also having 3 guaranteed perfect IVs as well)
    Really? You've tested this?

Does this apply to breeding as well?

Years
  • All I can say is... YEY ANOTHER EVENT I WON'T BE GETTING IN MY COUNTRY. Seriously, it really annoys me( over 10 years of this) that nintendo is always giving stuff to people up there(North America, Japan, West/Central Europe) and we never get anything here. Wifi has been really great, but at the same time I feel nintendo could use it a little bit more , I mean, people of all over th world play the game. (Raging cuz Diancie intensifies).

Funny thing, I also had to register my system as being in Canada to be able to use the eshop, but at the same time that gave me the opportunity to get code for mega pinsirite. I think newsletter codes can be a good way to distribute events worldwide along with wi-fi, but oh well, stores give nintendo profit.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    All I can say is... YEY ANOTHER EVENT I WON'T BE GETTING IN MY COUNTRY. Seriously, it really annoys me( over 10 years of this) that nintendo is always giving stuff to people up there(North America, Japan, West/Central Europe) and we never get anything here. Wifi has been really great, but at the same time I feel nintendo could use it a little bit more , I mean, people of all over th world play the game. (Raging cuz Diancie intensifies).

Funny thing, I also had to register my system as being in Canada to be able to use the eshop, but at the same time that gave me the opportunity to get code for mega pinsirite. I think newsletter codes can be a good way to distribute events worldwide along with wi-fi, but oh well, stores give nintendo profit.
    Canada distributed the Mega Stone codes via EB Games newsletter. In fact, I don't think those codes have been sent yet.

Years
  • Canada distributed the Mega Stone codes via EB Games newsletter. In fact, I don't think those codes have been sent yet.

Interesting, then does that mean that the rest of the world gets the stone via pkm newsletter ? And yeah I made a mistake there, even though my system is registered as being in Canada, my "trainer account" in Pokemon does have the country I'm in registered.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Interesting, then does that mean that the rest of the world gets the stone via pkm newsletter ? And yeah I made a mistake there, even though my system is registered as being in Canada, my "trainer account" in Pokemon does have the country I'm in registered.
    No, it's an EB Games Canada thing.

And frankly, I think it's stupid. If I hear they're doing that again. they're getting the phone call. I changed my mind and e-mailed Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Canada distributed the Mega Stone codes via EB Games newsletter. In fact, I don't think those codes have been sent yet.

Nope, that's wrong, Canada got Heracross and Pinsir via wifi mystery gift, nothing to do with EB Games and the Mega Stones are coming via PTC (the Pokemon/Nintendo site) newsletter, again, nothing to do with EB Games whatsoever. EB Games is not giving out anything for Pokemon at the moment. The date they are being sent out is Sept 17 http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/3ade2b4a-0c41-41ab-8572-be7e8a223084

No wonder I couldn't get any help figuring it out when everybody thought it was an EB Games giveaway! login at the PGL site, when you go to your account it will take you to the PTC site (the official Pokemon site) and THAT is where you need to have signed up for your newsletter. Sadly, you needed to have signed up by Sept 1, according to the rules.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Nope, that's wrong, Canada got Heracross and Pinsir via wifi mystery gift, nothing to do with EB Games and the Mega Stones are coming via PTC (the Pokemon/Nintendo site) newsletter, again, nothing to do with EB Games whatsoever. EB Games is not giving out anything for Pokemon at the moment. The date they are being sent out is Sept 17 http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/3ade2b4a-0c41-41ab-8572-be7e8a223084

No wonder I couldn't get any help figuring it out when everybody thought it was an EB Games giveaway! login at the PGL site, when you go to your account it will take you to the PTC site (the official Pokemon site) and THAT is where you need to have signed up for your newsletter. Sadly, you needed to have signed up by Sept 1, according to the rules.
    Oh, I thought it was an EB Games promotional leaflet. In that case, ☻☺♥♦ them for not backing Gamestop on it.

And yes, I read about Sept. 1. But again, big deal. I got both stones already.

And yes, I did get both Pokémon via Wifi. I said it's the Mega Stones via newsletter.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Really? You've tested this?

Does this apply to breeding as well?

Yep, everything in the Unknown egg group (I THINK that's what it's called. Which includes all legendaries and baby pokemon. Not ditto though, because I think Ditto is in the Ditto egg group or something. All I know is that it's in a different egg group from the legendaries and babies) but yes, I have in fact tested this (all Celebis given by pokebank had at least 3 IVs, when I was swap trading Xerneas and Zapdos to get one or the other with the correct nature, every single one had 3 IVs, as does the Articuno I got, and the budews I caught all had 3 IVs and the Riolu I caught LONG before I knew about this had 4 IVs. No, however, it does not apply to breeding. Anything bred has the same rules applied to it as any other pokemon. This 3 IV only counts to babies and legendaries caught in the wild.

And yes, I did get both Pokémon via Wifi. I said it's the Mega Stones via newsletter.

Yep, I know, I was just illustrating that neither giveaway was related to EB Games, as they are related to each other: From what I gather, if you didn't download the Heracross or Pinsir, you don't get the code in the newsletter. Again, since no one has definitive information regarding this, it's just a rumour, but from what I have been reading you need to have downloaded Pinsir or Heracross into your game so the correct stone is sent to the player. MY presumption is that you also have to have game synced as well in order for the system to know which one (or both) you have, otherwise EVERYONE who signed up for the PGL will be getting two stones each.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yep, I know, I was just illustrating that neither giveaway was related to EB Games, as they are related to each other: From what I gather, if you didn't download the Heracross or Pinsir, you don't get the code in the newsletter. Again, since no one has definitive information regarding this, it's just a rumour, but from what I have been reading you need to have downloaded Pinsir or Heracross into your game so the correct stone is sent to the player. MY presumption is that you also have to have game synced as well in order for the system to know which one (or both) you have, otherwise EVERYONE who signed up for the PGL will be getting two stones each.
    The stone received is based on the game. X gets the Heracronite and Y gets the Pinsirite. I don't think you even have to receive the Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The stone received is based on the game. X gets the Heracronite and Y gets the Pinsirite. I don't think you even have to receive the Pokémon.

So then like Lone Grunger asked, that means EVERYONE (that signed up for the PGL) in Canada gets the code regardless of any outside action on the user?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So then like Lone Grunger asked, that means EVERYONE (that signed up for the PGL) in Canada gets the code regardless of any outside action on the user?
    Honestly, I have no idea. But that would mean I have a second Heracronite on the way, since someone gave me a code for that from the U.S. already. I wasn't even planning for it TBH.

But then, I can use the code in Y. Checkmate, Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    any fellow canadians get the newsletter for the heracronite/pinsirite dl code yet? i sure as hell havent :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    any fellow canadians get the newsletter for the heracronite/pinsirite dl code yet? i sure as hell havent :(

nope, I didn't get a newsletter either, which just confirms my concerns when I first posted about it about how no one will tell you how to sign up for the newsletter as what you THINK is the newsletter you're signing up for gives you no confirmation, as well as nothing in the pokemon site is actually labelled as "newsletter" further confusing whether you're signing up for the right thing or not.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I am really sick of these serial code events. I really hate them with a passion, so my only hopes of getting these is to trade with someone who some how gets two or can clone them.

My thought so far.

Sadly this is not good for someone with no access to GAMESTOP or whatever.

;______;

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • As for this Gengar event, I am p.o'ed because I already have a shiny Gengar take took me hours to hatch and now their just giving it away to everyone. Who can I give this Gengar to now?
    This is my problem with shiny events. Ironically, it makes shinies of popular-powerful pokemon ( such as Gengar, Metagross) less rare than pokemon which are obscure. I'd rather shiny events be restricted primarily to legendaries which are shiny locked.

At least if you nickname your Shiny Gengar, then people can tell that yours was caught with your own OT.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    I emailed nintendo regarding the heracronite/pinsirite distribution and this is what i got in response-

"
    Hello,
    Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.
    The September Newsletter with the Mega Stone code is being sent out in batches. Please note that it may take up to a week or longer before all of the newsletters have been sent out. We appreciate your patience!
    Thank you,
    Pokémon Support Team"

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • I really can't understand why GameFreak dosen't do these events via Mystery Gifts. Everyone around the world with an internet connection can recieve it, and unless it's a country specific event, Mystery Gift is so much more convenient.

Not really liking the fact that they keep giving away shinies and whatnot. As Shrew said, shinies should only be reserved for legendaries that have literally a zero percent chance of getting one. Sooner or later shinies will be as common as Rattata. May be an exaggeration, but shinies are shinies for a reason.

Expect to see Mega Gengar wrecking in wifi as usage skyrockets. :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I really can't understand why GameFreak dosen't do these events via Mystery Gifts. Everyone around the world with an internet connection can recieve it, and unless it's a country specific event, Mystery Gift is so much more convenient.

Not really liking the fact that they keep giving away shinies and whatnot. As Shrew said, shinies should only be reserved for legendaries that have literally a zero percent chance of getting one. Sooner or later shinies will be as common as Rattata. May be an exaggeration, but shinies are shinies for a reason.

Expect to see Mega Gengar wrecking in wifi as usage skyrockets. :p

well that's exactly why they do it, why would a pokemon that EVERYONE with the game gets be this sought after? (when's the last time someone asked anyone for a Zygarde, for example?) if it's somewhat limited, everyone will want it, and it is great free advertising for the game and the movie that comes out.

Back