• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Halloween special available briefly next month, from October 13 to 26. Who's off for a Shiny Gengarite holder?

Sauce

If EB doesn't get it, I'll be after it as well here.

EDIT: Per post that follows this, and something I didn't know at the time of the OP, Gamespit will also finally have Diancie. Event will end a few days before OR/AS comes out, so if you want to Mega Evolve an American Diancie, go get Diancie right after the Gengar event ends! SuperSauce. Mega Stone is also confirmed to be called "Diancite".

Both are code cards where you have to input the code to download the event. What are your thoughts on having events this way? Do you like it better or worse than the normal method of walking into the store, or compared to Wifi events?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Diancie North American Event

Here are the details folks.

"Following this, from October 27 through November 16, GameStop will be offering Diancie (the previously unobtainable Mythical Pokemon) for Pokemon X/Y. Once you've gotten your hands on one, you'll be able to take it with you into Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, where you'll then be able to get a Diancite Mega Stone that allows it to Mega Evolve into Mega Diancie."

got this from gamestop. forum wont let me post a link cuz i'm under 15 posts but just google it right now and someone else can post the confirming link.

Don't know if mods wanna merge this thread with the shiny gengar distribution thread.

Years
  • Again, I'm not really getting these events because of the restrictions my mother places on me in regards to getting "unnecessary" things. I pretty much blame her for my reason behind missing all events.

The Gengar isn't really that special other than having Sludge Wave in its moveset, but it surely does have an awesome-looking Mega when shiny. Dat white color.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah ****, it is another one of those events that only work via a special code. Why can't it be like the Summer Shiny Creation Trio event just before X/Y came out where you just had to go to Gamestop and download a gift via wireless? What's with this special code bullcrap? I just wanna walk into Gamestop, download the thing I want, then leave (or maybe buy something first).

Btw, it's currently a North American only thing, so you people in Europe and Australia don't even have a chance yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    For those in Canada I have an idea.

When nintendo announced that the heracross/pinsir distribution would be at gamestop and also at its canadian equivalent EB Games, EB games did not actually have the download code at EB Games because.....Canada. However, if you are signed up with pokemon trainer club for their news letter and if you are signed up with a nintendo news letter account, if you check the most recent nintendo news letter for september 5, it says that the heracross/pinsir can now be downloaded via wireless distribution from home aka receive mystery gift.

Now, if EB Games in Canada gets shafted again with not getting distribution event codes, I anticipate that by the time the November news letter gets emailed out, Canadians and everyone else who doesn't have a proper GameStop around will be able to download it as a wifi mystery gift like they have now done with Pinsir/Heracross.

just a thought :)

Years
  • I am VERY ANGRY about this. If they are giving them away via codes like the Heracross/Pinsir Mega Stone event, I'm afraid that the Gamestops in my area won't have enough codes. My Gamestops got very few Mega Stone codes.

Why not distribute them via Mystery Gift?!

This I so agree with. Game Freak and Nintendo have been very restrictive with 6th Gen events so far, either only releasing them in certain countries/regions or requiring you to get a very exclusive code from a shop like Gamestop.

The only things I recall distributed with Mystery Gift in 6th Gen so far were the Blazikenite Torchic and the Fancy Pattern Vivillon. Given OR/AS is coming out in two months it's so disappointing to see how event Pokemon are getting treated.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I will be getting both of these, must keep up the title of having every single Pokemon Gen 6 Event ever released xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll be getting both of these, but I'm not happy about them being through a code you have to go pick up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    For those in Canada I have an idea.

When nintendo announced that the heracross/pinsir distribution would be at gamestop and also at its canadian equivalent EB Games, EB games did not actually have the download code at EB Games because.....Canada. However, if you are signed up with pokemon trainer club for their news letter and if you are signed up with a nintendo news letter account, if you check the most recent nintendo news letter for september 5, it says that the heracross/pinsir can now be downloaded via wireless distribution from home aka receive mystery gift.

Now, if EB Games in Canada gets shafted again with not getting distribution event codes, I anticipate that by the time the November news letter gets emailed out, Canadians and everyone else who doesn't have a proper GameStop around will be able to download it as a wifi mystery gift like they have now done with Pinsir/Heracross.

just a thought :)

Actually, the Heracross and Pinsir were mystery gift pokemon, the Heracronite and Pinsirite were what you needed the codes for. True that EB Games did not have the codes, but if you signed up to the newsletter (which no one knows how to do, apparently! :D ) BEFORE Sept 1, then on Sept 17 you get a newsletter with the download code and then you can use it then. (Canada only)

But this is dumb, why have a Mystery gift option if they're just giving everything by download code? While it's understandable when the codes are availabe in store because it's incentive to go to the store and perhaps buy other stuff while you're there, but if they're emailing codes to people, why not just open up the mystery gift option instead? They're both going through the internet anyway.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I just may get the Gengar event so I can use a trapping Mega Gengar without doing anything to my current Gengar. The Diancie event is what I'll go for sure so I can use it for OR/AS; I hope it comes at level 15 so I can use it for in-game stuff.

Years
  • Of course I'll be getting both as soon as they are available. Hopefully my Gengar comes with IVs in the right places and right nature.

Sludge Wave is gonna be fun for doubles :P

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I already have a shiny Gengar so I don't care about that one. I'll be getting a Diancie when it comes to Europe though. Hopefully it's over wireless and not a serial code.

Years
  • I still think the Diancie event came in with good timing given OR/AS is due out in two months and it's nice to see that if you transfer Diancie into OR/AS you'll be able to get its Mega Stone, the Diancite. For those planning to get it it'll be nice if it's at an early level so they can use it in the story.

I was kinda expecting the Mega Stone would be named that anyway.

Years
  • This is gonna be pretty nice, I know that i've speculated on when Diancie would be released for a while now but looks like it's the real deal.

And additionally, Shiny Mega Gengar too, that's really neat. I remember having a shiny Gengar in Fire Red way back, and I know how sick a white Mega Gengar looks because i've seen it.

Raezioo

Mister Mohawk
    Years
  • I hope all these Pinsir/Heracross, Shiny Gengar, and Diancie events come to Europe to, because it kinda sucks that we always have to wait so long and miss on half of the cool events :'(

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I really wish they would stop releasing Pokemon and items via codes, I'd rather just get it from Wi-Fi.

Anyways, the Shiny Mega Gengar event looks kinda cool, only because its a shiny. The one I'm real interested in is the Diancie event! Another legendary Pokemon for me to have, and I can also have access to the Diancite in OR/AS when they come out.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I really wish they would stop releasing Pokemon and items via codes, I'd rather just get it from Wi-Fi.

Anyways, the Shiny Mega Gengar event looks kinda cool, only because its a shiny. The one I'm real interested in is the Diancie event! Another legendary Pokemon for me to have, and I can also have access to the Diancite in OR/AS when they come out.
    I suggest you call Nintendo and complain. I'm going to call the Canadian Nintendo tomorrow and see what they say they are doing. If they are doing the newsletter s**t again, I swear to Arceus I'm going to go all Tyrantrum on them.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • gah. idk what to think. i tried getting the heracrossite at my local gamestop and they didn't have it. D: and i really wanna get my hands on the legendary too. but i heard that with the last event going on, gamestop was making people preorder oras in order to get the codes. you guys think that could happen?

Back