• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles (OOC)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • Name: Kyraganu

Hometown: Lumiouse City, Recentley moved to Hoenn

Appearance: Tall man with long, black hair that hangs freely. Cloak similar to what blue wears in Pokemon Adventures, with basic black clothing underneath with hiking boots. Large backpack holding resources, cooking tools, knives, and pokemon trainer tools (Potions, Pokeballs Etc.) inside. Tan face with bright green eyes that seem to glow. Small mouth that slightly curls when he smiles.

Personality: A relatively shy person, Kyraganu likes to be alone. Slightly introverted, he just likes to be alone with his pokemon. He has a strong sense of justice, and takes immediate action against anything he thinks is wrong. He is very smart, but hasn't gotten much of a chance to really learn in the past mostly has street smarts and knowledge of the outdoors. In battles goes with anything that works. If told he is stupid, a street rat, or worthless he will get very angry, to the point that he loses most rational thought.

History: Born in the streets of Lumious city, Kyraganu was an orphan that stole to survive. Much of his life he lived with noone but a small evee he had saved from the streets. He ran away one day to the wild, and meet a strange man from a group called "Team Magma". Kyraganu was coaxed into joining, but left when he saw how they treated pokemon. Ever since, him and his Evee have lived in the wild near little root, scavenging gathering and hunting to live.

Starter Pokemon: Darwin- An Evee that he rescued from the streets. Knows tackle, quick attack, growl, and swift.

Hello and welcome to PC and RPT!

Anyway for your SU, first thing I noticed is that your character has no surname. But then as I read, your character was born on the streets with no parents to take care of so not having any surname is expected. I would just like to clarify if you intended it that way? It's also alright for him to have a surname since many people take on names that they completely make up.

Next, for your appearance, I need you to flesh it out. Expand it to proper sentences and not just phrases that seem to "gun" me down. Also, I find it lazy to just say "just like what Blue wore in Pokemon Adventures." I am not familiar with pokemon adventures and if I'm other people, I might not be bothered to search for that. Describe that clothing. Quantify his tallness. Group together your physical appearance description and clothings description. It is kind of confusing for some to read that you were describing his height, then move to clothes and bagpacks, then go back to your face. And as I pointed a few SU's back, do not use etc. It's a peeve of mine and I want players to expand it and not be lazy. And how did he come upon the things in his bagpack. Did he steal it or something? Mention all details.

For your personality, your first two sentences are redundant. It could be reduced to one good sentence like "As an introvert, Kyraganu only likes to be alone with his Pokemon." And reading that whole section, it seemed that Kyraganu is a walking contradiction. While an introvert could have an extremely strong sense of justice, acting on that and righting the wrongs on the world would prove to be difficult for them as they first need to overcome their fear of interacting with people. Kyraganu would need to prove first that he can be out there with people and not just his Pokemon. Trust me, as an introvert, I know this. The fourth sentence is poorly written as the words seemed to be everywhere. Try organizing it to a sentence that can be read more easily. And lastly, introverts seldom get very angry to point we lose rational thought. It's more like we keep silent and cry at night before we go to sleep, our fingers shaking uncontrollably, our sobs only heard by our pillows. While this is the stereotypical introvert, you are free to create your own shy person with his personal quirks but I implore you to think more about it.

For your history, it was not mentioned why he ran away and from what. And, as you mention Kyraganu has a strong sense of justice, I can't see a scene where Magma can actually convince the young man to join. And why would Magma want a street rat? Also, what implored Kyraganu to try on to take the gym circuit? Mention it.

I also highlighted the parts where you got some spelling or grammatical error. Feel free to resubmit. :)

jombii

Years
  • Ralts capture unsucessful. Another attack maybe?

Also, Cobalt relinquished his spot

jombii

Years
  • Went home a little bit late yesterday so didn't actually manage to post.

Anyway, the amount of people who were interested in the missions were okay at best. Do you want this thing to be featured again next time? I'm thinking of missions for every city. Of course, the selection would expand to give more members the chance.

For the people who get to do the mission and was chosen randomly by RNG:

Footsteps: LinearAxel

You accompany the footsteps man to a hidden groto just near the border of Oldale and Route 102. Inside you see a...

bulbasaur.gif

Bulbasaur! Oh my what a rare Pokemon. You do have the chance to capture it. However, it will run away if you fail to capture it at first try. You can have the footsteps guys capture it, if you prefer it that way.

Reward: If you capture Bulbasaur, it is the reward. If you fail to capture it or let the footsteps guy capture it, the next wild Pokemon you encounter will be a shiny.

Broken Wings: Loki

There are reports of a young Taillow that is injured in Route 103. Bring it to Nurse Joy!

taillow.gif

Reward: If you capture the Taillow, it is the reward. If not, you get a mysterious stone from Nurse Joy. Upon further inspection, you discover it to be the Salamencite.

Choose only one reward, kay?

I hope the rewards are enough to have more people vie for missions next time. :)

Note that Pokemon available in rewards has a low chance of appearing in the RP again.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    That feel when you left your completed post of the quest on your work computer and you don't go in again until Tuesday.

oh-god-what-have-i-done.gif

I will post Tuesday morning sob o)-<

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That feel when you left your completed post of the quest on your work computer and you don't go in again until Tuesday.

oh-god-what-have-i-done.gif

I will post Tuesday morning sob o)-<
    You RP at work? I would never dare to do that hahaha

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    You RP at work? I would never dare to do that hahaha

Yeah there's nothing else to do here... LOL When I don't have classes to teach I just RP to make myself look like I'm doing something productive hahaha

Speaking of, I am at work right now, and will be posting as soon as I get back from getting a drink at the convenience store lelelel

edit: Hope I did the quest correctly! And sorry for... unecessarily long posts.... o)-<

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • Ellis Tove got the Salamencite!

salamencite.png

That was a really god read. And top-percentage Rattata cameo is something I would like to see in all journey RPs. Congratulations on the new item!

jombii

Years
  • It's up to you to keep track of your miscellaneous items and such. I will only be keeping track of your Pokemon and important items like Loki's Salamencite.

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Ellis Tove got the Salamencite!

salamencite.png

That was a really god read. And top-percentage Rattata cameo is something I would like to see in all journey RPs. Congratulations on the new item!

So, that post was in your top percentage of top percentage Rattata posts?
    hD7B734D1

Anyways, I've got internet once again! I'll post more frequently from now on. Well… I hope.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    Is there possibly room for another? I'd love to get in on this RP, I just spent a while reading through everyone's posts and you guys are wonderful writers! (If I'm a little late, I totally understand!)

Name: Linnet Royer
    Hometown: Laverre City, Kalos

Appearance:
    (Super old art by yours truly.)

She's got the makings of elegance, but there's something to her that leaves her decidedly in an awkward stage instead, and short of imposing or breath-taking Linnet looks closer to the quintessential girl-next-door. She stands at 5'5" barefoot, a skinny thing with bony shoulders and knees and long, sort of gangly limbs. Without the saving grace of curves or even long hair, Linnet's apt to be mistaken for a boy if not for the femininity of her clothing--she's rarely caught in anything other than dresses or rompers if she can avoid it, although at least she recognizes the futility of high heels against rocky hikes and long hillside walks.

Her face, at least, is decidedly feminine with a startlingly large and rather owlish pair of green eyes, framed with dark lashes and an overabundance of freckles smudged over the bridge of her nose and her cheekbones. While Linnet could mostly pass as pretty dressed up the right way, though, her hair is truly a lost cause: Brown and choppily cut, it hits just above her shoulders and has a tendency to utter chaos at any given moment--rumply and with a wave to it first thing in the morning, frizzy with humidity, and generally just disobedient.

Personality:
    Linnet's a romantic at heart, prone to excessive friendliness and a headlong enthusiasm for Pokemon that is deterred only by the fact that she's not much for battling, honestly. A little naive and a lot curious, she's got the Pokemon book smarts but not a lot of the street smarts, particularly when it comes to surviving on her own--but if it counts for anything, she recognizes that, and is pretty good-humored about the tangles she gets herself into, with a wry sense of self-deprecation and a healthy awareness of her own part in the messes she finds herself in.

She's deeply attached to her Houndour, Frightful, whom she received as a puppy, and as such is perhaps overly tentative about battling for fear of hurting her. Linnet's got a knack for it, though, preferring an elusive in-and-out method that relies heavily on speed and evasiveness.

If anything, she's fonder of the idea of being a researcher than a trainer; the title of Champion holds its thrills, sure, but she'd much rather interact with Pokemon in a peaceful manner.

History:
    To be fleshed out?

Basic ideas: The daughter of two Pokemon breeders, so she grew up surrounded by Pokemon (and annoying siblings) pretty much all the time. Her starter was given to her on her 18th birthday as the pick of the litter, to symbolize her coming of age. She chose to leave Kalos for Hoenn to put some distance between an overly-affectionate and kind of smothering family, to figure out what she wants to do, and to develop some much-needed independence.

Nothing extraordinarily exciting or traumatic, in short.

Starter Pokemon:
    228.gif

Frightful
    Houndour | Female | Flash Fire
    Timid Nature
    Fire Spin | Thunder Fang | Destiny Bond | Nasty Plot | Smog | Protect

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    I love this character! A teen trying to be independent at eighteen! You're accepted.

With this, I am closing the application! We're full!

Ahh thank you! Super excited I managed to slip in at the end. :'D

I'll definitely get a post up later today!

EDIT: Aaand first post is up! Hope I did everything okay! Also if anyone would like some character interactions, let me know? I'm willing to be as active as needed, I'd love for Linnet to be able to travel with someone else!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Ahh thank you! Super excited I managed to slip in at the end. :'D

I'll definitely get a post up later today!

EDIT: Aaand first post is up! Hope I did everything okay! Also if anyone would like some character interactions, let me know? I'm willing to be as active as needed, I'd love for Linnet to be able to travel with someone else!

If you catch up to me, Im heading back down to Oldale Town from Route 103. We can meet up there.

Awaiting outcome of attempted catch of a wild Shellos (East Sea).

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • If you catch up to me, Im heading back down to Oldale Town from Route 103. We can meet up there.

I'd be willing to post to meet y'all at Route 103. I'll be sure to go there for my next post since I wanna catch my next Pokemon there anyways.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    If you catch up to me, Im heading back down to Oldale Town from Route 103. We can meet up there.

I'd be willing to post to meet y'all at Route 103. I'll be sure to go there for my next post since I wanna catch my next Pokemon there anyways.

Sounds good to me! Linnet will be thrilled to have some company, and there aren't any Pokemon she's after from Route 101, so she'll be headed towards Route 103 after a brief stop-over in Oldale to catch her next Pokemon, I think. :)

Back