• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Canada, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • :o I was gonna make the topic, but I had to get off the computer. *shrugs*

Eh.. let's start off from the top. Where's everyone from?

<~ Torontonian. :3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Edmonton, home of the biggest mall in the world! (still the biggest... even though the US did talk about making a mall bigger than WEM but no they didn't do it in action)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • latiosspud said:
    I'm from Montreal, the second most populated city in Canada and the largest (in area) in Canada.
    Nuh Un! Toronto is bigger than Montreal.

Btw, I'm a Edmontonian too! XD

Years
  • 22sa said:
    Nuh Un! Toronto is bigger than Montreal.

Btw, I'm a Edmontonian too! XD
    Depends what you mean the region or the main city...but either region or main city Montreal will always be bigger than Edmonton :p .

22sa

Years
  • Yeah Edmonton has a very small region, but it's still quickly expanding.:D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • yeah... and it's only expanding near my place pretty much (fyi, Riverbend... for 22sa's information) and a few other areas.

Our city will be expanding border pretty soon... the city is only at a 2 min drive from reach the city limits (starting from 23 ave)... we are expanding pretty quickly. But hey we beat our biggest rival Calgary in that category XD

(Edmonton is the 5th biggest city in Canada, next to Toronto Vancouver Montreal and Ottawa, with Calgary coming from the back at a very close 6th place...)

22sa

Years
  • Cool, in the past couple years the land prices have been continuing to raise here. I guess that means our economy's healthy. XD

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    yeah... and it's only expanding near my place pretty much (fyi, Riverbend... for 22sa's information) and a few other areas.

Our city will be expanding border pretty soon... the city is only at a 2 min drive from reach the city limits (starting from 23 ave)... we are expanding pretty quickly. But hey we beat our biggest rival Calgary in that category XD

(Edmonton is the 5th biggest city in Canada, next to Toronto Vancouver Montreal and Ottawa, with Calgary coming from the back at a very close 6th place...)
    If you write it in order it's Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, etc.

22sa

Years
  • Canada has awesome cities! Vancouver is 2nd only to Rio De Janinero in beauty and Toronto is a lot of commerce! ^_^

Years
  • 22sa said:
    Canada has awesome cities! Vancouver is 2nd only to Rio De Janinero in beauty and Toronto is a lot of commerce! ^_^
    Toronto is where a of lot businessmen go or at least stay a couple hours before departing to a nearby city.

22sa

Years
  • On the weastern side, it's Calgary where many businessmen go. Their downtown is like 3x bigger Edmonton's!

22sa

Years
  • Yes! Vancouver downtown is beautiful, I wish I actually can live in Vancouver for a little while. They have about 125 building in their downtown, they 4th most in the world!

Vancouver is more industry-like than business type though.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Calgary > Edmonton financial wise... (BOOO!!!) but in population we're still winning. Actually in terms of economy both city rather suck. Both edmonton and cow-town only relies on one product to become rich. If they lost that product, they are screwed...

Vancouver is a big (but won't exactly say very beautiful imho) city. It's also doing great in economy except the government 10 years ago screwed up BC badly and now Liberals have to sweep the mess up...

Years
  • 22sa said:
    Yes! Vancouver downtown is beautiful, I wish I actually can live in Vancouver for a little while. They have about 125 building in their downtown, they 4th most in the world!

Vancouver is more industry-like than business type though.
    But Vancouver's airport has much more international flights than Edmonton so they would probably have to stop at Vancouver before going to other cities like Victoria, Edmonton, Clagary, etc.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Vancouver is one of the 2(or was it 3?) pit stops for all flights across the biggest ocean in the world. Edmonton is only a dinky little town, famous for the precious oil and the WEM which is actually not that exciting.

22sa

Years
  • latiosspud said:
    But Vancouver's airport has much more international flights than Edmonton so they would probably have to stop at Vancouver before going to other cities like Victoria, Edmonton, Clagary, etc.
    Yah Vancouver's airport is really beautiful too! Big airports certainly boost commerce but it's still a more industry-like city

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back