• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Canada, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • 22sa said:
    Yah Vancouver's airport is really beautiful too! Big airports certainly boost commerce but it's still a more industry-like city
    Yeah I know but they would have to stop at Vancouver just like I always have to stop at Toronto.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • You know how many Asians live there? I'm not sure but it's more than San Francisco's 220k! ^_^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Vancouver is made of 50% asians... it's scary. And then chinese makes up 75% of the 50%... canada is certainly multi cultural.

22sa

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Vancouver is made of 50% asians... it's scary. And then chinese makes up 75% of the 50%... canada is certainly multi cultural.
    Okay.. I knew there was a lot but that.. much? !!!!!!!! XD XD
    Mmmmm!:)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • no i'm not. A big part of Vancouver called Richmond is pretty much Chinese only. My cousin lives there, and she doesn't even need to know english in her high school, cause stuff about Hong Kong and Cantonese are all you need...

you'll see more shops with chinese words on its title than english shops too. Richmond is like insane. A lot of people (of the other races) love to buy a house in Richmond, then sell it for a higher price to a Chinese who just moved into Richmond and doesn't realize that they got ripped off.

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    no i'm not. A big part of Vancouver called Richmond is pretty much Chinese only. My cousin lives there, and she doesn't even need to know english in her high school, cause stuff about Hong Kong and Cantonese are all you need...

you'll see more shops with chinese words on its title than english shops too. Richmond is like insane. A lot of people (of the other races) love to buy a house in Richmond, then sell it for a higher price to a Chinese who just moved into Richmond and doesn't realize that they got ripped off.
    Oh ya, I've been there...but just one city isn't going to effect (well very little) a whole country.

22sa

Years
  • There's just that much in Vancouver he ment. There's a lot of other Canadian with sizable Chinatowns as well though. ^_^

22sa

Years
  • latiosspud said:
    Yeah but 50% is pass the believable line. Maybe 25% but not 50%.
    I think Vancouver the city itself is 550000 in population but it's a 2.4million hull. 50% would equal more than 1 million Asians living in Vancouver & Area so I guess it's questionable.

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Calgary > Edmonton financial wise... (BOOO!!!) but in population we're still winning. Actually in terms of economy both city rather suck. Both edmonton and cow-town only relies on one product to become rich. If they lost that product, they are screwed...

Vancouver is a big (but won't exactly say very beautiful imho) city. It's also doing great in economy except the government 10 years ago screwed up BC badly and now Liberals have to sweep the mess up...

Amen to that brother. Here in Ontario, we have the PC party in power. Ever since they have taken control education, health care, power and many others things have taken a hit. There's even a tax break for people who send their kids to private school, but they had to take 2 billion out of public education to do that. It just makes me sick how the governement wants to privatize health care. If you want a simple thing done like an X-ray you have to wait like 8 hours. It's ludicrous! Down with the Tories, vote Liberal!

Federally I hate the Liberals. If John Cretien ran today, I don't know if I would vote for him. He isn't giving one red cent to Toronto to help out with SARS or the Black Out even though we qualify for the disaster relief fund, which paid Quebec over a billion dollars in the ice storm of 1998. Toronto gives the country like 32 billion dollars a year, but we only get like 16 back, how is that fair? Our transit is a mess; the fares go up, but the services gets way worse. Toronto deserves more say because we are the most populous area in Canada and make the most money. I know a lot of people think of Toronto as the Yankees and everyone hates us because they are the best, but we shouldn't have as much power as Medicine Hat or Moose Jaw. It's just ridiculous!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • not to mention that our prized oil was shipped to you guys... (no offense to Ontarians, but offense to the government who planned that)

Think we fellow Canadians know that every single one of Canada's provinces are in debt. Alberta was suppose to clear all of its debt this year if it isn't for Kyoto Accord and the Mad cow. But even with the Kyoto Accord and our funny cows we should clear the debt within 7 years. However, the federal decides that the east needs fundings and so moved a lot of money out of the western provinces to help out. So they took the money, but they didn't put it into a good use. They decide to return part of the eastern province's debt (which will shortly increase if the east's economy doesn't get even better). So basically they just wasted money and didn't do one productive thing about it. Now our debt clear date is delayed by another 7 years... *sigh*

i'll love to say down with Chretiens, but then again Chretiens is the smartest one out of those moronic politicians (i'll rather stick with Chretien than stockwell day)

22sa

Years
  • Heh, I heard that we got our national debt under control and that we'lll be debt free in the year 2012. It's pretty hard to believe since we have like $1.2 trillion dollars (Canadian) of public debt... O.o

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    not to mention that our prized oil was shipped to you guys... (no offense to Ontarians, but offense to the government who planned that)

Think we fellow Canadians know that every single one of Canada's provinces are in debt. Alberta was suppose to clear all of its debt this year if it isn't for Kyoto Accord and the Mad cow. But even with the Kyoto Accord and our funny cows we should clear the debt within 7 years. However, the federal decides that the east needs fundings and so moved a lot of money out of the western provinces to help out. So they took the money, but they didn't put it into a good use. They decide to return part of the eastern province's debt (which will shortly increase if the east's economy doesn't get even better). So basically they just wasted money and didn't do one productive thing about it. Now our debt clear date is delayed by another 7 years... *sigh*

i'll love to say down with Chretiens, but then again Chretiens is the smartest one out of those moronic politicians (i'll rather stick with Chretien than stockwell day)
    Well Chretien is leaving politics in 2004 and with it, his Liberal Leadership.

22sa

Years
  • Hey, you think Canada should raise her Military expenditures? o.o

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • i'm proud to say that i live right beside Canada's secret military base. The base called West Edmonton Mall has 4 submarines there that's functional and won't leak. That's 4 functional submarines out of the 6 subs Canada has (that's functional). Isn't it impressive? ^_^

22sa

Years
  • Hehe, why did they move it there?:\:p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back