• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music!

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen May 20, 2015
I'm not sure if somebody has made a thread similar to this, but I would love to know what kinds of music you're all into, and who your favorite bands are.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
If there is, I'm sure it's most likely dead by now. I could be wrong though. :x

Anyway, this comes straight from my profile but... these are the bands I listen to the most:

♥ Simple Plan
♥ All Time Low
♥ Pierce the Veil
♥ Black Veil Brides
♥ Blink-182
♥ My Chemical Romance
♥ Linkin Park
♥ LM.C
♥ We Are the in Crowd
♥ Marianas Trench
♥ Of Mice & Men
♥ Fall Out Boy
♥ Green Day
♥ Shinedown
♥ We the Kings
♥ Demi Lovato
♥ the GazettE
♥ Alice Nine
♥ HITT
♥ Sadie
♥ ScReW

There's more, but I can't think of the others now. I really love listening to Simple Plan the most, but lately it's been Japanese music since that's what I've been getting into more.

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen May 20, 2015
If there is, I'm sure it's most likely dead by now. I could be wrong though. :x

Anyway, this comes straight from my profile but... these are the bands I listen to the most:

♥ Simple Plan
♥ All Time Low
♥ Pierce the Veil
♥ Black Veil Brides
♥ Blink-182
♥ My Chemical Romance
♥ Linkin Park
♥ LM.C
♥ We Are the in Crowd
♥ Marianas Trench
♥ Of Mice & Men
♥ Fall Out Boy
♥ Green Day
♥ Shinedown
♥ We the Kings
♥ Demi Lovato
♥ the GazettE
♥ Alice Nine
♥ HITT
♥ Sadie
♥ ScReW

There's more, but I can't think of the others now. I really love listening to Simple Plan the most, but lately it's been Japanese music since that's what I've been getting into more.

Oh, wo! So many great bands there! I love Linkin Park and Green Day, myself. :)

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Animal Collective, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Jeff Buckley, The National, The Antlers, Broken Social Scene, My Bloody Valentine, Arcade Fire, Deerhunter, M83, Kanye West, Daft Punk, Japandroids, Local Natives, Cap'n Jazz, The Dismemberment Plan, Swans, Cloud Nothings, Sufjan Stevens, Bon Iver, Neutral Milk Hotel, Weezer, Flying Lotus, Boards of Canada, Vampire Weekend, Autre Ne Veut, American Football, James Blake, Nirvana, Aphex Twin, Brand New, How to Dress Well, Death Grips, The Microphones, The Brave Little Abacus, The Weeknd, J Dilla, The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, Interpol, The Smiths, Sunny Day Real Estate, Hüsker Dü, Spiritualized, The Cure, Kendrick Lamar, Sonic Youth, Tim Hecker, Elliott Smith, Snowing,

I could go on. those are according to last.fm.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I listen to Metal - more specifically Viking Metal, Folk Metal, Death Metal, & Thrash Metal.

My bands of choice are:

Spoiler:

edit: forgot to mention: I tried listening to other styles of music, but they where just too boring I either changed it or fell asleep... I need music to get me moving and wake me up, not make me fall asleep.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 20, 2016
Here's a sample of what I listen to most: Pearl Jam, The Avett Brothers, Foo Fighters, Bush, Nine Inch Nails, some Nirvana, Billy Joel, Johnny Cash

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I listen to Metal - more specifically Viking Metal, Folk Metal, Death Metal, & Thrash Metal.

My bands of choice are:

Spoiler:
I imagine your answer is yes, but have you ever listened to Agalloch? they're my favorite folk metal band.

RedWarrior702

Returning to the community!
Years
I enjoy a good mix of things, some of it being country music. Of specific bands that I listen to other than that, I like Crush 40, JAM Project (Japanese, but great in my opinion), Simple Plan, One Ok Rock, Zebrahead, Marty Are I, and Linked Horizon (their songs for Attack on Titan are awesome!)
There are a few others I enjoy, too. Too many classics to list, like Journey and Bon Jovi. I like most music, except *most* rap or hip-hop. I say most because there's always some good and some bad in every genre.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Just going to list a few.
- Amon Amarth
- Frank Sinatra
- Rings of Saturn
- Hopsin
- Memphis May Fire
- Jedi Mind Tricks
- Necro
- Aesop Rock
- Pierce The Veil
- Nirvana
- Josh Turner
- Jason Aldean
- Paramore
- Willie Nelson
- Straight No Chaser
- Veil Of Maya

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • The Carpenters
  • Lion King Soundtrack
  • Titanic Soundtrack
  • Super Mario Music
  • Pokemon Music
People are probably gonna get butthurt and attack me with asinine comments:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There's no musical genres I dislike, aside from rap, maybe. My most favorite, though, would probably have to be metal. :] As for favorite bands, there's a lot, but few of them are In Flames, Motorhead, Wintersun, Equilibrium, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Slipknot, Disturbed, Lamb of God, Bullet for my Valentine, Nirvana, and Children of Bodom.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, AWOLNATION, Band of Horses, Bastille, Beach Fossils, Bear Hands, Ben Howard, The Black Keys, Bombay Bicycle Club, Bon Iver, Broken Bells, CHVRCHES, The Civil Wars, Coldplay, Daughter, Disclosure, Electric Guest, Fanfarlo, Florence + the Machine, Foster the People, Franz Ferdinand, Friendly Fires, Grouplove, The Head and the Heart, Imagine Dragons, Incubus, James Vincent McMorrow, Jónsi, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, The Killers, King Charles, Kongos, The Kooks, Lana Del Rey, The Last Shadow Puppets, London Grammar, Lord Huron, Lorde, The Lumineers, Matt & Kim, Metric, MGMT, The Mowgli's, MS MR, Mumford & Sons, Muse, The Naked and Famous, Neon Trees, Noah and the Whale, Of Monsters and Men, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Passion Pit, Phantogram, Phoenix, Real Estate, San Cisco, Santigold, The Shins, Sleigh Bells, The Strokes, Summer Camp, The Tallest Man on Earth, The Temper Trap, Two Door Cinema Club, Vampire Weekend, WALK THE MOON, Washed Out, Wild Nothing, Young the Giant, Youngblood Hawke, The 1975.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I'm into electronic music - mainly dubstep and Drum and Bass. I don't follow many artists/groups but my favourites consists of Coyote Kisses, Ronlad Jenkees, She, Uppermost and Sound Remedy. ;D

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
gigantic list oh boy

coldplay, bright eyes, brand new, snow patrol, death cab for cutie, passion pit, the joy formidable, lorde, pendulum, bon iver, mumford & sons, band of horses, the antlers, taking back sunday, arctic monkeys, bastille, manchester orchestra, imagine dragons, daughter, dry the river, depeche mode, elbow, foster the people, fall out boy, the national, grizzly bear, mariana's trench, modest mouse, the neighborhood, the naked and famous, owl city, set it off, two door cinema club, all time low, jimmy eat world, radiohead, the beatles, simon & garfunkel, gore♥♥♥♥, jack's mannequin, the cinematic orchestra, paramore, the cab, mayday parade, nine inch nails, we came as romans, a day to remember, of mice & men, atreyu, attack attack!, bullet for my valentine, bring me the horizon, asking alexandria, crown the empire, pierce the veil, memphis may fire, you me at six, a lot like birds, parkway drive, the amity affliction, butcher babies

yeah

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017

nice, nice, Elbow are one of those bands that are obviously popular because their records sell so well, but it's difficult to actually find a fan. Really good band.

I like Godflesh, Jesu, Nick Cave, Alice in Chains and Cocteau Twins

I'd say I like shoegazey/dreamy/ambient stuff either on it's own like Aphex Twin's ambient albums/Cocteau Twins or mixed with metal, Jesu or Burzum style. I also just love the Skyrim soundtrack shamelessly. I have a thing for fake-classical music, ie. film/video game scores, more instantly gratifying to the ear than real classical.

And post-punk inspired alt rock like Radiohead, The Smiths, Nick Cave, nothing too extravagant, just with good lyrics and interesting instrumentation.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
This is kinda a long list....

Bands

Spoiler:

Genres

Spoiler:

Why I don't like Twenty One Pilots:
Tyler Joseph's voice. I hate it. So much.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Young the Giant
Chevelle
Coldplay
Keane
Muse
30 Seconds to Mars
Fall Out Boy
AWOLNATION
Disturbed
Three Days Grace
Mötley Crüe
Foreigner
Eagles

Classic, indie, alternative, and piano rock are the genres I guess.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Lady Gaga
  • Ariana Grande
  • Betty Who
  • Ellie Goulding
  • Christina Perri
  • Kesha
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Amy Winehouse
  • HAIM
  • Wet
  • Lindsey Sterling
Those are the artists I listen to most often, so I'd say they are my favorite. Pop, alternative/indie?

Back