• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music!

Years
  • I would compile a list of singers/bands I listen to but my taste is way too varied so I basically listen to a huge chunk of what most of the members posted here already. My taste is like, really really good.

As for genres, I'll listen to anything barring country, classical, jazz and metal. Those don't appeal to me at all. My mother tends to listen to metal a lot (along with being a fan of bands I really hate) and it's nothing but screaming to me.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • There's not a single music genre I dislike as a whole. But what I tend to listen to mostly is electronica, alternative rock, and metal. I'm also really into 80's era music, most of which probably occupies a gray area between the first two :)

Some of my favorite bands/groups/artists are:

Duran Duran
    Tears For Fears
    Incubus
    Radiohead
    Nine Inch Nails
    DJ Shadow
    Lamb
    Röyksopp
    Linkin Park
    Daft Punk
    Coldplay
    Ulrich Schnauss
    Blu Mar Ten

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I listen mostly to FOB, Maroon 5, Regina Spektor, The Cab, and All-American Rejects
    I am not too genre-savvy, and I listen to various genres depending on my mood. I also listen to KPOP and JPOP when I feel like it. I haven't really listened to a lot of English songs aside from the groups I mentioned above. But hey, as long as it sounds good to me, I'll listen to it.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • Pusha T, Janelle Monae, Beyonce, Kayne West, Jay-Z, J. Cole (Mixtape J.Cole though), Freddie Gibbs, Nas, Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco, Slaughterhouse, Wu-Tang Clan, Method Man, Raekwan Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, KRS-One, Pro Era (specifically Joey Bada$$ and Kirk Knight), Nujabes, Busta Rhymes, Common, Outkast, A Tribe Called Quest, Biggie, Daft Punk, Chance The Rapper, The Pharcyde, Childish Gambino (anything before Culdesac is factually awful tho), A$AP Ferg, A$AP Rocky, Frank Ocean, The Internet, Tyler The Creator, MF DOOM or DOOM or DOO or w/e he's called now, Big Boi, Bun B, Disclosure, Rudimental, MNEK, Kaytranada, Jhene Aiko, Thomas Coxhead (his mixes are on point), How To Dress Well, Jessie Ware, PARTYNEXTDOOR, The Weeknd

wow i look like such a backpacker lmfao. Looks like I'm the first person in here with a predominantly hip-hop/rap taste :P I've been drifting into a more Deep House/Soul sound recently, discovered so much love for the genre as of late

Years
    • Age 31
    • UK
    • Seen May 20, 2015
    Oh wow - I forgot all about this thread. So many of you have such great taste in music and bands.

Just so you get an insight into the bands I like, some of my favourites are:

Yellowcard
    Papa Roach
    Linkin Park
    New Found Glory
    Green Day
    Bowling For Soup
    Dead By Sunrise
    Shinedown

Years
    • Age 31
    • UK
    • Seen May 20, 2015
    This is kinda a long list....

Bands

Spoiler:

Genres

Spoiler:

Why I don't like Twenty One Pilots:
    Tyler Joseph's voice. I hate it. So much.

Absolutely love your taste in music!! :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    My two favourite bands at the moment are Garbage & No Doubt I go through phases.

Been getting into a bit of U2 lately also.

Absolute favourite chick solo singer is Dido sings with so much conviction and her voice is just so authentic for the lyrics she writes.

Male singer is probably Michael Bolton has one of the most distinct voices out there.

I tend to like solo artists a bit more than bands, Phil Collins is another guy I really really enjoy and again the distinct story telling voice of his is what stands out as does Bolton's.

Tracy Chapman and Toni Childs are also very high on my play count.

I think the moral of what I like is singers with rich distinct quality to their vocals.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I'm kinda old school:

Spoiler:

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • Punk rock mostly. Some bands would be Black Flag, Crass, Bad Religion and OFF!
    oh and my favorite band is Nirvana :P

Back