• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i'm actually nine years old

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Just kidding, I'm actually seven.

Have you ever lied about your age? If so, where or to whom? Online? Your crush? In a bar?

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
Years
Yeah, I used to lie about my age on the net, when I was 10-13. I stopped doing that, though.

I only remember doing it because my friends back then were 15-16, and I just felt too young in comparison to them, ahah.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Yeah, simply to get on Facebook when I was around...11? I just got pressured into making an account, so I lied about my age to get in, as I think the age to get in was 15 or something.

All those years, and I barely use my Facebook. Oh well.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Loads of times. :P I joined multiple websites back then, and most of them required you to be 13+. Now that I'm 13, I stopped doing that, but there are a few cases where I still lie about my age; such as this roleplay group which recommended you to be 16 and above. :d

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I have never once lied about my age. Thing is, if you saw me now and I say my real age to you, you wouldn't believe it. You'd think I looked 15-16.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
This brings back memories of the COPPA epidemic from last summer. So many people got banned lol. That was fantastic.

I lied about my age to get onto Facebook, and then changed it after I became 15 because it bugged me that it constantly said that I was over 20.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I lied to get the full Neopets experience and always said I was 18+. Then it killed everything because I needed my account's birthday when it got hacked and frozen years later to unfreeze it and I didn't know it, hahaha. Whoooooops.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've never lied about my age. The funny thing is, people have a tendency to not believe I'm really 25. I hardly ever act my age, and if you saw me in real life, you'd think I was about fourteen or fifteen. I'm short for my age, so people used to ask me why I wasn't in school. If I told them I graduated or that I'm 25, they are usually shocked by that.

Actually, I have lied a few times about my age when I was younger. XD I used to go on places like neopets or other sites that wanted adult consent and lied about my age. I did it because my parents didn't really care what I did as long as I careful with HOW I did it. By adult consent sites, I mean sites like neopets, mind you. :x

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Nope. I'm 21 now and I was a good kid who never drank or smoke before I was legally allowed to. Never had to lie.

Years
I never lie about my age, because well who'd ever want to do that? My age displayed on the mini info of my postbit has always been my real age and I'll never manipulate it. So yeah, I've definitely been a good girl.

Sirfetch’d

I've been lying this whole time. I've actually a 42 year old pervert that lives in his parent's basement.

Honestly though I can't recall a time where I've had to lie about my age? That said, everyone is shocked when they do find out my age as I look and act much younger than I actually am x]. I'm 20 right now and can probably pass as a 16 year old.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Not really. When I was 12 I used to say I was 13 so I could sign up for websites, haha, but I don't need to do that anymore. I've never lied to anyone about my age, online I never tell that info to anyone, I either wait until I know them better or just let them take a guess. Some people think I'm older than I am and then some are thrown off by how immature I can be. (:

But I usually say I act like I'm seven cause c'mon. It's true.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
LOL when I first joined I lied about my age and name. I was either 14/15 when I joined here and I was partly afraid of running into someone I know here/I felt like a noob for being younger than most of the popular members then.

It's funny that I lied about being older then, but now I find it embarrassing to be as old as I am on here.

Back