• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I will now answer all of the questions I missed since last night. Yay?

What is the longest chapter you've written? (Unit of measure is MS Word Pages)

As lame as it sounds, eight pages. xD If we're counting one-shots, though, I believe Indebted was eleven.

What font do you use with what size?

Occasionally size 12 Times New Roman if I'm feeling particularly lazy or font of the font, but it's usually size 10 Verdana.

How many of you actually believe in the 2012 Doomsday Theory and are preparing for it?

I don't believe it. It's the end of a Mewin' calendar, you guys! If we went by this principle, then the world would explode every midnight of December 31st, or every midnight of the Chinese New Year, or every midnight of every calendar unit ever invented... you get the point. Not once did the Mayans ever mention anything about the world coming to an end when their calendar ended - I don't even know how that started. Maybe some mistranslation in the past of some ancient Mayan tome or something? I think it's stupid for some people to actually believe that, to be honest.

Besides, the Mayas never said the world was going to end. Their current Long Count just ends on the 20th of December 2012, just to let the fourteenth Long Count begin on the next day. Whatever doomsday predictions there are associated with the day have pretty much nothing to do with anything... And, if the stars align or something like that (I haven't actually looked into this doomsday thing a lot, but I do know something about Mayas and Incas), it's only an indication of the amazing astronomy skills of the ancient Mesoamerican cultures. They really knew what they were doing, but they never predicted the world would end.

...Or, alternatively, this.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • How many of you actually believe in the 2012 Doomsday Theory and are preparing for it?
    Not me. Honestly, that doesn't stop me from illogically worrying, but 12 / 21 / 12 is just going to be another day.

... My banner's not back and now I'm worried. D:

Bay

Years
  • How many of you actually believe in the 2012 Doomsday Theory and are preparing for it?
    Already am. Get ready the rockets and drill the comets! Oh, and some robot fighting! *plays "Don't Want to Miss a Thing."

What? I'm Michael Bay, remember? ;P

In all seriousness though, no I don't. Yeah, there always been doomsday theories circulating all the time. I too remember the doomsday prediction back in 1999 and man, even when I was years old, I thought the people that thought the world is going to end are nuts.

Now, if you want doomsday, you guys should have watched the special 2100. Global warming! XD

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Now, if you want doomsday, you guys should have watched the special 2100. Global warming! XD
    Yep. Also, The Day after Tomorrow, David Brin's Earth, Discovery Channel's Ten Ways the World might End, and the BBC docufiction End Day. I could go on and on. My favourite would have to be the docufiction about an asteroid crashing into the earth somewhere near the Gulf of Mexico.

In retrospect, the media companies sure get a lot of income from our fascination with Armageddon.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Now imagine if you had overlapped the movie 2012 amid its destruction with Baysplosions? I mean... I don't even want to know where to begin on how much of an excuse that is, to show it...

In Michael Bay's universe, everyone is carrying a stick of dynamite XD

The movie that may be interest to me, is Toy Story 3. However was disappointed when I found out that Andy was going to college (okay well it's been 13 years since the first movie) and the toys are donated/given to a daycare... Which doesn't make sense. I mean I know it was Woody who said it, and stuff, but he said that Andy would never give his toys away... I mean come on! ;_; Sure we won't be seeing Andy playing with his toys at the age of 18... but still... I think they can save it though, if Andy accidentally gets his girl pregnant, and not too many years later, gives his child his toys.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • The movie that may be interest to me, is Toy Story 3. However was disappointed when I found out that Andy was going to college (okay well it's been 13 years since the first movie) and the toys are donated/given to a daycare... Which doesn't make sense. I mean I know it was Woody who said it, and stuff, but he said that Andy would never give his toys away... I mean come on! ;_; Sure we won't be seeing Andy playing with his toys at the age of 18... but still... I think they can save it though, if Andy accidentally gets his girl pregnant, and not too many years later, gives his child his toys.
    I'm looking forward to Cirque du Freak, coming out in October. After reading the book I'm wondering how the movie will be.

About Toy Story, a classic that's for sure.

Bay

Years
  • Mizan, you forgot the most well known global warming movie: An Inconvenient Truth. :P Although I read you could go on and on, but come on, you could have mention that movie. XD;

Feign, haha yeah, everyone in my movie will be carrying a stick of dynamite. :P *gives everyone dynamite and then runs*

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Bay said:
    Mizan, you forgot the most well known global warming movie: An Inconvenient Truth. :P Although I read you could go on and on, but come on, you could have mention that movie. XD;

Oh yeah, how could I forget that movie. I did watch and enjoy it.

However, i was shocked to find out that Al Gore's carbon footprint was more than 20 times the power of a normal US home. 221,000 kWh I was surprised.

I'm not American or anything so I don't know much about US politics or if this is true. I just heard it somewhere.

Regardless of the Liberal Hypocrisy, i still recommend An Inconvenient Truth to all the people who leave their lights on when no ones there, leave the fridge door open, sleep with the TV on, or use excess power. Though, I am guilty of most of these btw. :p

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Ladies and gents, I have only one thing to say about all of the "omg the end of the world is coming" and "omg we're going to kill the earth" theories and outcries:

https://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end

(Yes, it's the second time I've linked that video. Read the loading screen for my reaction to this if anyone points that out.)

That and...

Aurincha said:
    The world is facing a crisis... Hurricanes and thunderstorms are raging everywhere; the ground is shaking, destroying all buildings; volcanoes erupt time after time, covering their surroundings with red lava. Suddenly, it calms down and a light descends from the raging coulds. A divine voice is heard from from the light:

"Okay, let's see... You guys all believed in this, so you die. As for the rest of you... Well, sorry about all of this! Take care!"

"We apologize for the inconvenience."

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    The funny part about Deep Impact, was that Elijah Wood's character got married to his best friend (and what, they're like 12?), so they could take her with them to the mountain complex, which ended up failing anyway, because of some paperwork issues. XD

I figure that if you're going to have a disaster movie, it should be a very comical disaster that also renders humanity extinct.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Well at least noone has mentioned Armageddon... isn't it?
    I DON'T WANT TO CLOSE MY EYES
    I DON'T WANT TO FALL ASLEEP
    'CAUSE I'LL MISS YOU BABY
    AND I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING
    'CAUSE EVEN WHEN I DREAM OF YOU
    THE SWEETEST DREAM WILL NEVER DO
    'CAUSE I MISS YOU BABY

I am fully aware that this will get me killed.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I DON'T WANT TO CLOSE MY EYES
    'CAUSE I MISS YOU BABY

That's twice you've done that... TWICE

;_; *balls up in a corner and turns on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrBWPAGcrDs

Bay

Years
  • I DON'T WANT TO CLOSE MY EYES
    'CAUSE I MISS YOU BABY

Damn! I knew I should have let you sing that song instead of Steven Tyler! :P

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • <SOME MUSIC>

<Some premonition>.

Oh well... somehow I'm running out of ideas to kill politicians, so... nice to have met you, Asti? ;)

And talking about disaster movies, one that is kinda different and that I enjoyed so. very. much! was 1994's Without Warning. Yes, with ACS/NBC' Sander Vanocur. and "24"'s James Morrison in a minor role.

Now that was scary for a... um... live news report.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years

• I'm almost in tears here. Partially from laughter, partially from being disappointed that I didn't remember that when I obviously should have, and partially just for the heck of it... *sniffle* I love you, Jax. I love you.

Aside from that, I've never really likes disaster movies. Ever since I was a kid, it bothered me that everything always happened in America. I guess it's because I was a Finnish kid... America felt so very distant and irrelevant to my life. Also, when The Day After Tomorrow came out and I went to see it with my friend, it really bothered us that one of the huge storms was right where Finland should be yet all they talked about was America and something about Great Britain or something. Also, I'm really, really bothered by scene in which coldness chases the main cast. You can't be chased by cold temperature! I didn't like that movie very much, but it was amusing enough to be rented and rewatched. Oh well.

Another thing that annoys me (and is suprisingly completely unrelated to this) is the scene in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King where Gollum falls down into the crater. Like he's have time to look disappointed in the damn lava! He should start burning halfway down or something. I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that Gollum should start feeling at least a bit warm, seeing as how the specific kind of lava is the only means of destroying the virtually indesructible Ring. Oh well.

It's good to be back.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I'm almost in tears here. Partially from laughter, partially from being disappointed that I didn't remember that when I obviously should have, and partially just for the heck of it... *sniffle* I love you, Jax. I love you.

Aside from that, I've never really likes disaster movies. Ever since I was a kid, it bothered me that everything always happened in America. I guess it's because I was a Finnish kid... America felt so very distant and irrelevant to my life. Also, when The Day After Tomorrow came out and I went to see it with my friend, it really bothered us that one of the huge storms was right where Finland should be yet all they talked about was America and something about Great Britain or something. Also, I'm really, really bothered by scene in which coldness chases the main cast. You can't be chased by cold temperature! I didn't like that movie very much, but it was amusing enough to be rented and rewatched. Oh well.

Another thing that annoys me (and is suprisingly completely unrelated to this) is the scene in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King where Gollum falls down into the crater. Like he's have time to look disappointed in the damn lava! He should start burning halfway down or something. I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that Gollum should start feeling at least a bit warm, seeing as how the specific kind of lava is the only means of destroying the virtually indesructible Ring. Oh well.

It's good to be back.

Yeah Roland Emerich has never been concerned with realism... It's an American made film, so I've come to accept, and expect that it is always going to be about America. The thing that annoyed me most in that movie though was when the remaining Americans went down to still warm Mexico, and saying something about how Mexico has been so kind to them, and as a result as elliminated their owing debt.

I think for the LOTR stuff though, I too think Gollum would be burning a bit on the way down (almost because of the sparks, if not the heat), but I can also see him barely caring or feeling the pain of it.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I'm almost in tears here. Partially from laughter, partially from being disappointed that I didn't remember that when I obviously should have, and partially just for the heck of it... *sniffle* I love you, Jax. I love you.

I love you too. Let's go make babies. *hands you a block of clay*

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    ...I think now would be a wonderful time to do something productive on-topic else, eh?

Have you constructed a #-Man Band in your fics, intentionally or otherwise? If so, who falls under which character category?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back