• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overall Legendary Favorite!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
  • In all of the Pokemon Generations starting from 1 to 6. Up until now, while playing the new gen.
    Does it change your interest on your old legendary favorite and like the newest you think is great?
    Not me. If that's my favorite, that's my favorite. But as the title says. For me, my favorite legendary
    of all time through all the generation is Raikou, actually second is Suicune. But I just like the design
    and I find their design beautiful! How about you? What's your number 1 favorite from Gen 1 to 6
    Legendary? (Hope I posted in the right place lol) ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    Mewtwo by far.
    Next to Mewtwo the other legendaries look a class lower at least. Even Arceus who's supposed to be the god of pokemon, which is really lame by the way. It is the ultimate legendary, the most badass one. Mainly because of the anime.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I change my list of favorites when new pokémon come out. There are a lot of great new pokémon, after all. As for legendaries, I considered Reshiram and Zekrom really cool off the bat actually. I didn't care much for the overdone legendaries of Sinnoh and the only one I thought was okay in Hoenn was Rayquaza, even though it could have been designed a little better.

Johto's legendaries are the first true legendaries imo. The concept wasn't really welded out in Kanto yet, Mewtwo was an experiment and Mew was an ancient mirage.

So my favorite legendaries are the Johto ones, Raikou, Ho-oh, Suicune, Entei, Lugia. Probably in that order, but not sure :3 Then come Reshiram and Zekrom because they are pretty cool, and then probably Rayquaza and Mewtwo.

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
    Years
  • Hoenn legandaries was best of the best still today for me.All of them has great designs/stats;

Groudon - massive badass power mountain.

Kyogre - massive King of the oceans

Rayquaza - Sky monster which people fears the most of all legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I don't like most legendary Pokemon. And I never use them.
    Suicune was my favorite as a child, so I'll go with that. But I do the land form Shaymin is a cutie pie.

TrinityLovesPokemon

TrinityLovesPokemon
    Years
  • I don't know honestly. I like Rayquaza, but I'm starting to drift away from him. I've got to say the Legendary Birds, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are pretty cool, along with the Legendary Dogs, Entei, Raikou, and Suicine. Mewtwo and Mew are pretty cool too. I'm starting to dislike the newer legendaries though. I sorta like Giratina I guess.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a lot of favorite legendaries, but my top three would have to be Cresselia, Suicune, and Jirachi. Cresselia's got a very elegant design—the colors on its body fit each other very well. And in battling, it performs pretty nicely as well. Its Special Defense is very huge, and after one Calm Mind, it gets even bigger. It's able to learn Moonlight; with the help of this move, it's able to recover itself whenever it's at low health. Suicune is just as good as Cresselia, but its main weaknesses are electric and grass, though, which are very common in competitive play. But no worries; if you utilize this Pokémon a little wisely, they wouldn't be able to stand a chance. As for Jirachi, I like it because of its adorableness. Every time I look at its smile, it always brings joy to my heart. n__n

Years
  • My favourite I think is Ho-oh. I love the whole phoenix-rebirth theme going on, as well as its Sacred Ash item.

I also like the Three Musketeers legendaries, cuz of their attitude. Also Mewtwo, which goes through this identity crisis of being real/fake.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • i'm drawn into dialga, which is my favorite. i'm not sure why though; i just have an attachment to diamond because that's the game i've played the most in the past, and i don't like palkia that much. i really just think dialga is cute honestly lol.

Sirfetch’d

I really have a lot of legendaries that I just love so picking a favorite is a near impossible task to do. I will say though that when I take all things into consideration, Articuno is my favorite. I love it's typing, design, great stats, and everything about it. I have used it since my very first Blue version and it has never disappointed me.

Years
  • There aren't many legendary Pokemon that I dislike, but they aren't quite my favorites either. The only exceptions to this are Rayquaza and Articuno (plus Ho-oh and Lugia to a lesser extent).

Articuno was actually one of the legendaries that grew on me much later on from when I first saw and used it, despite always liking its design. It wasn't until the 3rd or 4th generation that I actually started liking it a lot more, mostly due to stumbling upon the fact that it could learn Mind Reader and Sheer Cold, meaning almost guaranteed 2 hit KOs every time. Granted, that strategy is a little cheap, but I wouldn't have taken as much note of it otherwise if it weren't for that.

As for Rayquaza, it's probably the only legendary that I loved the first time that I saw it. Everything from its interesting design, the shiny form, its status as the head of the weather trio, and its typing all made for a great Pokemon in my eyes. Even at one point in Emerald after I figured out how to clone Pokemon, I actually had a team of 6 Rayquaza with varying movesets, just because I could.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I honestly don't like the legendaries all that much. Yveltal is cool, which is why I got Y, but most of the other ones I just don't like. Dialga and Palkia are all right, as is Moltres, but most of the trios I really don't like.

David-

Livin' & Lovin'
    Years
  • I really gotta say Groudon.
    There is just something about first seeing him somewhere other than the opening screen of Ruby Version that really makes him magical & amazing to use.

Years
  • I always thought Entei was awesome!! Remember seeing him as a kid and thinking he was badass. I do think Yvetal is cool also, never used it in battle though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Overall, I like Dialga because of its color scheme and the fact that I played Diamond before Pearl. Xerneas and Reshiram come close.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Take a guess as to what my favorite legendary across all the gens is.

Doing it gen by gen, its:
    Generation 1: Mewtwo
    Generation 2: Lugia
    Generation 3: Groudon
    Generation 4: This one's hard, since it had several nice legendaries. But if I had to pick, it'd be...Giratina.
    Generation 5: The obvious one.And I like the Kyurem forms too.
    Generation 6: Yveltal. I do like my Zygarde as well

Back