• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    are you also able to insert castform and arceus? i believe those are the only multiple form pokemon that you missed.

i think what he means is the same thing i put before, as in 2 diffrent forms of pikachu, or any other pokemon like that.

Years
  • What do this error mean and can someone please tell me how to fix it.

Nero9121

Fire Maker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    What do this error mean and can someone please tell me how to fix it.

how did you change the colors of the borders like that?

And I just saw that Poccil released a new updated starter kit...what changes did you make?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    how did you change the colors of the borders like that?

And I just saw that Poccil released a new updated starter kit...what changes did you make?

lol, the boarder isn't the game it's self, it's the theme of his pc (most people have the normal blue theme, he must have downloaded a new one or something) so it has nothing to do with the game :D, anyway, thanks for the info on the sk update :3 (goes off to download)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    These are the changes from the previous version:

* Added support for animated panoramas and fogs
    * Allowed GIF files to be used as pictures in event commands
    * Added documentation regarding publishing the server
    * Fixed bug in tilemap for certain maps
    * Added mechanism for changing the battle background for
    a single battle (see documentation for details)

In addition, all information about graphics and resources are now in a single place in the documentation: the "Resource Specifications" section. This will prove useful for those who want to create new resources for their games.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I've added all the Unown forms to an archive. Download it here. Took me a while to resize and rename 150-ish sprites.

(Actually, I made a script to do it for me :P)

EDIT: Poccil: If you want, add them to the SK.

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I've added all the Unown forms to an archive. Download it here. Took me a while to resize and rename 150-ish sprites.

(Actually, I made a script to do it for me :P)

EDIT: Poccil: If you want, add them to the SK.

bah, you beat me to it :P

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • Hey, I have a problem... with a outdated Essentials, that is. :P

Anyways, I was editing the text box, and it looks pretty... stupid... Can someone help me?

As you can see, when I play it, the text box looks like that. You can see the edited text box to the side in Paint.NET.

Anywho, this might be about the black space, but it was like that with the old text box too, and it worked. So... if anybody could help, it would be much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Hey, I have a problem... with a outdated Essentials, that is. :P

Anyways, I was editing the text box, and it looks pretty... stupid... Can someone help me?

As you can see, when I play it, the text box looks like that. You can see the edited text box to the side in Paint.NET.

Anywho, this might be about the black space, but it was like that with the old text box too, and it worked. So... if anybody could help, it would be much appreciated.

it wasn't like that in the old one, because of the way the old one was saved, if you looked at it outside of the game, sometimes it would look like that, it has everything to do with the images information, in fact, i'm sure that poccil fixed that in the past few updates (i don't know if poccil MEANT to fix that, i just know that it isn't a problem anymore) just edit the WHOLE box image to look like what you want, and it should work.

(ps, next time you have a big image, link to it or put it in something that will hide it so that it doesn't worp that page, :D)

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    considering adding pockets is a huge pain to try to put in, would it be possible to make an item that holds other certain items? like a berry pouch for example. i was also curious if it was possible to permently change the player's appearence (current sprite) into something else without changing what meta player is being used? any help would be awesome. :D

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Sorry for being noobish, but why is it taking so long to compile? I don't know if its supposed to take forever, and I certainly know this has had a lot of hard work put into it.

(The thing like never starts.)

Also another question, is there a way to add my own types of pokemon. I'm not saying like Dark or Psychic, but like Shiny, Normal kind of thing. Like maybe I want to add Golds or Shadows (Spec. Shadow Lugia :D)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    It does take a while to compile. Don't switch windows while it compiles, as it will stop compiling if you do.

I'm planning to include support for alternate sprites when I release my forms script. You might need some basic scripting knowledge to successfully use them.
    If you give a detailed description of how you want them to work (for example, shininess is dependent on the Pokémon's personality and ID), I might be able to help.

Atomic Reactor

Can you just delete all the shiny sprites?
    or will that mess things up?

Should i edit some part of the script?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Atomic_Reactor:

You can add the following in a new section in the script editor:

Code:
    class PokeBattle_Pokemon
     def isShiny?
      return false # No Pokemon are shiny
     end
    end

Then it should be safe to remove all shiny Pokemon sprites.

PokemonOI:

An example of a Pokemon trade is found near the Pokemon Center's receptionist in the demo.
    Just inspect the event, and you'll see how it works.

To set up the online trade system, please read the sections "Configuring the Server"
    and "Publishing the Server" in the documentation for Pokemon Essentials.

Years
  • Hey Poccil I'm glad to see you still updating this kit! Especially since Platinum recently came out I say new features are in order :D

I have a couple questions however:

1. I named one of my animations "Common:Shiny" but it still doesn't play the Shiny animation when I encounter a shiny, how come?

2. I've looked about (in the script editor) that there is a new script entitled, "PokemonTriad" and I was wondering what that was? Is it a Pokemon version of the infamous Triple Triad from Final Fantasy 8?

3. How would I go about editing what bonus items you get when buying a certain amount of an Item? For example you buy 10 Pokeballs you get a Premier Ball, but what if you wanted more like if you bought 10 Potions you get a Super Potion (or something similar)?
    [Edit] I seen in the Script Editor how it works out and I'm gonna fool around with it to see if I can get what I want out of it.

I think that's all for now,
    -Krobe

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • What I mean is like if you've played TPPCRPG, you can catch a Poke'mon in Normal, Shiny, Dark, and sometimes Golden. I want to be able to make multiple forms of Poke'mon for the player to catch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, if you give the approximate rarities of each kind (shiny is 1/8192), I think I could help with this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back