• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Well, if you give the approximate rarities of each kind (shiny is 1/8192), I think I could help with this.

Actually, is there a way to lower(or raise, I dunno which counts XD) the rarity for shinies? As in, where in the script does it tell that?

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Could you please explain how I could do this myself? I don't mean to be rude, but some of them I want to be wild and others I want to make events, and etc. The point about it is I just want to be able to control when they pop-up. Kind of like Shiny Gyarados (I'm thinking Shadow Lugia), or would there be a way to control it if I give you the variables? I appreciate your help anyways.

Anyways here: ( I randomly generated them :) )
    Shadow ("Mind Control"): 1/1678
    Dark: 1/672
    Golden: 1/9561

That's all I can think of right now anyways.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Whee, time to throw more questions at people XD (although, I'm wondering about the form thing too, maybe it's not programmed yet D: )

How do you also make a Pokemon that can't be captured in a particular wild encounter? A battle exactly like that Marowak that was in the Pokemon Tower in R/B/FR/LG.. There's a few legendary battles that I want to be more like boss fights, but not let players capture them right away. (There will be a time later on where you can rebattle it and capture it then)

Secondly.. STILL getting ahead of myself >.>; Can I make new/multiple "allow lists" for Battle Tower-like tournaments? Because what I really want to do is set up one for each kind of type (a tournament where you can only use fires, another where you can only use waters, etc)

And finally two more.. that probably sound really n00b-ish... How do you make a new Pokemon type(preferably how do you set up it's resistances/weaknesses.. the rest I kind of know how to do)? And how do you make it so that if you get a new badge, it shows up on you're information page?

EDIT: pffft, screw the type question.. found it.. *feels really stupid now* >.>;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Pokehero22:

Changing battle backgrounds is a new feature in Pokemon Essentials. See the documentation under "Battle Backgrounds" for details.

Grifstar:

There are currently no mechanisms for enabling the two features you mention. The closest possible to getting the functionality of the second feature is below:

Edit the "blacklist" at the top of the script section "PokemonOrgBattle", a list of
    species that are never allowed to participate in a battle.

On line 532 of PokemonOrgBattle, there is a check determining whether a Pokemon is eligible for a certain battle, in this case by checking its level against a maximum:
    Code:
         elsif pokemon.level<=maxlevel
          eligibility.push(1) # ineligible
    Change that to the following:
    Code:
         elsif pokemon.level<=maxlevel && pbIsEligible?(pokemon)
          eligibility.push(1) # ineligible
    That adds a function call to a not-yet-defined function, "pbIsEligible?", which will determine a Pokemon's eligibility. The function pbIsEligible? could be defined like this (put it at the bottom of the script section PokemonOrgBattle):
    Code:
    def pbIsEligible?(pokemon)
      # If variable 30 is set to 1
      if $game_variables[30]==1
       # Only water types are eligible
       if pokemon.type1==PBTypes::WATER || pokemon.type2==PBTypes::WATER
        return true
       end
       return false
      end
      # If variable 30 is set to 2
      if $game_variables[30]==2
       # Only fire types are eligible
       if pokemon.type1==PBTypes::FIRE || pokemon.type2==PBTypes::FIRE
        return true
       end
       return false
      end
      # Variable wasn't set, assume Pokemon is eligible
      return true
    end
    The eligibility of the Pokemon depends on the current value of variable number 30. Before letting the player choose a Pokemon, you set the variable to the appropriate value depending on the type of battle (1 for water types, 2 for fire types, 3 for all Pokemon).

I hope this helps.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    considering adding pockets is a huge pain to try to put in, would it be possible to make an item that holds other certain items? like a berry pouch for example. i was also curious if it was possible to permently change the player's appearence (current sprite) into something else without changing what meta player is being used? any help would be awesome. :D

i hate having to request this again, but could anybody give an answer or some insight for this?

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Poccil:

I suppose that would work, but it won't affect pokemon that are dual type though right? Because originally I was just thought about making a new banned list (I thought making a list of ones that would be allowed, but just now noticed it wouldn't work as well) for each one.. But I didn't know if the script would like it or not.

But... Alright. It's still a while before I need to use any of these, so maybe it'll all be fixed by then.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Grifstar:

The code above allows species that have the specified type, including those with two types.

Emerald Ex:

Though the recommended size of each Pokemon image is 128x128, each image can actually be larger or smaller.

partyghoul2000:

You can make an item call another screen within its item handler. Here's
    an example. Assume the item is a key item and has an internal name of MYITEM:
    Code:
    ItemHandlers.addUseInField(:MYITEM, proc {
      pbFadeOutIn(99999){           # Optional
        scene=MyScene.new           # Create the scene
        screen=MyScreen.new(scene)  # Create the screen
        screen.pbStartScreen        # Initialize the scene
      }                             # Optional
    })

ItemHandlers.addUseFromBag(:MYITEM, proc {
      pbFadeOutIn(99999){           # Optional
        scene=MyScene.new           # Create the scene
        screen=MyScreen.new(scene)  # Create the screen
        screen.pbStartScreen        # Initialize the scene
      }                             # Optional
      next 1 # item was used
    })
    See the advanced documentation, under "Scenes in Pokemon Essentials",
    for more details.

An update to Pokemon Essentials will make it possible to just implement
    the "addUseInField" item handler in this situation.

Last edited:

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • I still have my question posted, I'm wondering if it can be done. If it can be done I would appreciate knowing. Otherwise could someone direct me to a kit that can do that?

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    You can get DP pokemon sprites to work (and even Platinum ones too, I wanna change a couple to that now myself).

If you have Photoshop for Adobe, all you need to do is paste the sprite you want to use as a PSD file. Make sure it's transparent, then go into into Image Size and change it's size to 128x128. Then just save it as a PNG and over the file that's in the battler folder right now. It'll be a little blurred but it still looks better than the sprites in it right now.

You can't enlarge the image while it's still in PNG format or else it'll have that weird problem with the lines, like all the 4th gen pokemon in the starter kit right now.

I suggest only doing the changes to the Pokemon you have in your game right now... Unless you want to do the process over 493 times (and that's not counting back sprites and shinies)

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Yeah, see, I'm all or nothing.

I'll either use perfect quality/size DP sprites or just stick with the current ones.
    (If there's a way to lower where the in-battle image is rendered, it's still possible... and I imagine one of the scripts has control of that, right? The image fits easily but the problem is the pokemon has to be standing on the top half of the image, the bottom half is useless.)

I can't handle blurred pixels.

Thanks for the tip though.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Well, I've gotten used to the blur, so it doesn't bother me anymore XD

The other ways I've tried have been making the canvas size bigger(the sprite stays the same, but the area around is increases), that way it's placeholder is right.. but then they look way too small. And then I tried increasing the the sprite to 200% but then it looks waaaay too big on the screen >.>;

But if you are going to play with it more, use Lugia. His DP sprite takes up all four sides (wings to feet are exactly 80 pixels, and head to tail is 80 too.. which 80x80 is the max size for DP), so ideally he's as big as you need to get. There's probably a few other pokemon that are like that too but that's the only one I know of.

Last edited:

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    To make everyone happy, Poccil should include a DP Resolution because a lot of people here want DP Sprites.

Personally, I don't but a lot of people do.

Poccil will probably be posting an update soon, because currently there is a glitch in encrypted games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back