• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn: Make a Wish [T] [OOC]

Years
  • The Gauntlet removing bodily fluids and removing the need to go to the bathroom seems a bit extreme to me...perhaps there's some sort of liquid that cleanses the bodily fluids and turns the waste fluid into useful fluids. Everything else about the money seems pretty solid though.
    Well, evaporating isn't that far-fetched. But a liquid that excretes from the Gauntlet seems a touch odd to me. For the sake of wild Pokemon and their territories, the odors would need to be neutralized for it not to affect their aggression. Otherwise, waste in the wild (considering it is moderate) would actually benefit the ecosystem.

When I said self drying clothes and self cleaning clothes I was thinking more instantaneous or takes a few seconds, as apposed to having to leave them out to dry
    I like the idea of just repelling liquid and dirt/stains. But this reminded me of something to add to the Clothes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Third Post!

I also wanted to talk about the possibility of adding a type to some Pokemon (Breloom is Grass/Fighting/Poison, Whimsicott is Grass/Fairy/Flying, Bannett is Dark/Ghost, etc.)
    Additionally, the idea of combining moves. This would not add the moves together (Fire Spin and Fire Blast not becoming a 165 power attack), but rather merging them and their effects (Fire Spin and Fire Blast doing a median amount of damage and lasting for a period of time). This would take up much more stamina (PP) of the Pokemon and usually take more time for the Pokemon to perform.

:( Too bad none of Sydan's team would take advantage of this, except maybe Fraxure Dragon/Fighting maybe. Also wouldn't that really complicate type effectiveness or are we just completely dropping that?

And if we fuse moves, would the move fusions have to be monotype? e.g No flam3thrower while latched on with a bite

Years
  • No offense but with that your suggesting that they just urinate while doing going about their buisness, and their clothes get rid of everything ,remember normal people wont have gauntlets, and if this is the genuine idea (which I am fine with by the way) it would have to be a social norm and everyone would do this. I think we could leave the washing self to normal tech, there is enough pools and lakes in there, same with the tent idea, don't link everything with the gauntlet, you could have a little box, (think two 2DS thick and those dimensions and it expands and creates a tent.
    Yes, most of these ideas are in mind for trainers to use. Toilets, baths, sinks, etc. would still exist in homes and such, but for travelling purposes, this could be expected of trainers/travelers.
    Washing probably won't even be mentioned in the RP, so it can be addressed when it comes up. But perhaps these are purchased applications to apply to the Gauntlet given enough funds.
    I was considering the invisible tent for the sake of wilder terrain with tougher Pokemon. Maybe they could just be more expensive portable tents that you mentioned.

Something I keep on forgetting to mention, is this tech "Alien" to the trainers? or is it normal? I think that Gyms must give you some money which allows you to get higher technology.
    I don't think it should be alien, but it should definitely be optional. It would be unusual not to use the PortaTents or SuperCloth, but they are not seen as extreme or taboo.
    Gyms and other trainers would definitely aid in obtaining the necessary funds to improve applications and gain access to higher technology. (That sentence was a bit much >.>)

An origin of a gaunlet Idea came from an old old rp. I can't even find it but it was a one where everyone was in a Virtual reality stuff, not that I want this to be in VR stuff but I want to tell you of the origin.
    Noted, but I'm not worried about it getting to that point.

Last edited:
    Years
  • :( Too bad none of Sydan's team would take advantage of this, except maybe Fraxure Dragon/Fighting maybe. Also wouldn't that really complicate type effectiveness or are we just completely dropping that?

And if we fuse moves, would the move fusions have to be monotype? e.g No flam3thrower while latched on with a bite
    I was actually thinking about that for Fraxure! You're in my head! XP
    I didn't want to rely heavily on effectiveness, but it is still applicable. For example, an Absol that trained enough could learn to easily withstand a Moonblast from a Gardevoir. But that would take away from training other aspects, of course. The stats and effectiveness(es) are not so strict here.

Oh yeah, I was also wondering about dual-typed moves and the possibility of creating new moves (up to the RPer). So Fire Fang could be Dark/Fire inherently and Thunderpunch could be Electric/Fighting. Again, this is merely semantics and wouldn't necessarily impact the battling mechanisms completely. This is just an idea I had.

Will they still need different outfits? do they need sleepwear? since that clothes stuff.
    Did you read what I added to the OP? Should I add in that they could become soft or coarse? I mentioned the thickness already. I should also add the fittedness.

Last edited:

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I think so much customisability as it's unrealistic for it to change so drastically, It really should only be colour and Never wet/dirty mainly because they are feasible at hi tech of now.

Going to bed, feel free to pool ideas.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    One last pitch before I hit the hay myself.
    I think we're in a good place right now as far as tech goes all we need to work out now is who gets what, when and how. (In terms of how trainers acquire this tech.(In my mind I originally had Sydan stealing this as tech he was given to deliver by his mother) but of course if everyone gets it then that would be redundant . Also I think RPs would probably make up the landmarks as we go along since its hard to get a feel of whats around the region without having planned what we're going to be doing.
    Last thing, what's the head count at, atm, because I'm seeing people enquiring, but not much in terms of SUs?

Years
  • I think so much customisability as it's unrealistic for it to change so drastically, It really should only be colour and Never wet/dirty mainly because they are feasible at hi tech of now.

Going to bed, feel free to pool ideas.
    Well, I was thinking how advanced the Pokemon Universe was compared to our current one and didn't think much of the complexity. But considering their clothing in the anime and in the game, I have to agree. I'll edit that in the OP.

One last pitch before I hit the hay myself.
    I think we're in a good place right now as far as tech goes all we need to work out now is who gets what, when and how. (In terms of how trainers acquire this tech.(In my mind I originally had Sydan stealing this as tech he was given to deliver by his mother) but of course if everyone gets it then that would be redundant . Also I think RPs would probably make up the landmarks as we go along since its hard to get a feel of whats around the region without having planned what we're going to be doing.
    Last thing, what's the head count at, atm, because I'm seeing people enquiring, but not much in terms of SUs?
    Agreed. I think the Gauntlet should be trainer-based (it's obtained by a Gym Leader or Professor who acknowledges you have your first legitimate Pokemon) and the more advanced applications must be purchased. But what would those applications be?
    I wanted everyone to develop their home town so that area was established for their own character, but the intention was for those who traveled into other areas would create them as they traveled through. It could also be a first-come first-serve in the realm of simply mentioning. So the character who recalls a particular landmark in a particular area has now created that for said area and has now become canon. These will be added to the "Hoenn Map Notes" section as the RP goes.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Yeah, the whole bathroom thing is a little too much. Aside from that, I'm kind of lost.

I'm considering making a Team Zodiac member (if it's okay) only because nobody seems to have done so.

Have you had any pms yet Fennik?

(From my tablet. Sorry for errora.)

Years
  • Yeah, the whole bathroom thing is a little too much. Aside from that, I'm kind of lost.

I'm considering making a Team Zodiac member (if it's okay) only because nobody seems to have done so.

Have you had any pms yet Fennik?

(From my tablet. Sorry for errora.)
    I added what we think should be canon in the OP under "Noteable Technologies." That's all you really need to know for now. Other than that, don't stress yourself on making note of everything that's been discussed. Everything you need to know is in the OP.

I currently do not have any new PMs, sorry. :(

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Well, we should probably get to working out all of the new locations. I think when that's done, we can begin.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Well, we should probably get to working out all of the new locations. I think when that's done, we can begin.
    As far as Mauville city goes, its already so far ahead of its time, I'm not really sure what they could add. Well, apart from the things we've discussed would be universal.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I'm gonna play ORAS when I go home today. Then I'll try to pitch some landmarks to improve the land

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Woah, so many things happened here.

Um, how about for possible space research? Let's say that yes, Hoenn would be technologically advanced by now, but they are still limited by the atmosphere. Maybe in cases of looking for emergency energy resources.

Or since it's already 100 years, let's use those meteorites for teleportation. An entire building that's designed to manage all the teleport stations of each city. Makes traveling easier for tourists. xD

Personally not a huge fan of teleportation, makes travelling far too easy. I get that thats the point but still...~_~

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    On the other hand, I'm working on how Slateport city works. Will post later to get everyone's thoughts.
    Sweet. I' eager to see your ideas. I'm pretty slumped as far as Mauville goes. (I did forget to play ORAS for inspiration though.) I'll hopefully have something tomorrow

Years
  • This is, more or less, a general overview on some things I wanted to go over more thoroughly as well as hash out what should be done before we get started.
    Third Post!I also wanted to talk about the possibility of adding a type to some Pokemon (Breloom is Grass/Fighting/Poison, Whimsicott is Grass/Fairy/Flying, Bannett is Dark/Ghost, etc.)
    Additionally, the idea of combining moves. This would not add the moves together (Fire Spin and Fire Blast not becoming a 165 power attack), but rather merging them and their effects (Fire Spin and Fire Blast doing a median amount of damage and lasting for a period of time). This would take up much more stamina (PP) of the Pokemon and usually take more time for the Pokemon to perform.
    I wanted to get more input on this. What does everyone think?
    I mentioned how typing isn't entirely determinant on "effectiveness" in the game sense.
    FennikusuKasai said:
    I didn't want to rely heavily on effectiveness, but it is still applicable. For example, an Absol that trained enough could learn to easily withstand a Moonblast from a Gardevoir. But that would take away from training other aspects, of course. The stats and effectiveness(es) are not so strict here.

Oh yeah, I was also wondering about dual-typed moves and the possibility of creating new moves (up to the RPer). So Fire Fang could be Dark/Fire inherently and Thunderpunch could be Electric/Fighting. Again, this is merely semantics and wouldn't necessarily impact the battling mechanisms completely. This is just an idea I had.
    I also wanted to see if people wanted to create new/unique moves, especially with these things in mind.

Will they still need different outfits? do they need sleepwear? since that clothes stuff.
    I would think it's purely up to the individual. What exactly do you mean?

I don't want to have this stressed more than it is. These landmarks can be created ICly. However, if everyone is keen on creating them beforehand, then let's.

I got it, That volcano, it's turned in to a Geothermic power station.
    I will add this to the Map Notes.
    Do they study/experiment anything there or is it purely an energy source?

Woah, so many things happened here.
    Um, how about for possible space research? Let's say that yes, Hoenn would be technologically advanced by now, but they are still limited by the atmosphere. Maybe in cases of looking for emergency energy resources.
    Or since it's already 100 years, let's use those meteorites for teleportation. An entire building that's designed to manage all the teleport stations of each city. Makes traveling easier for tourists. xD
    We could go in the opposite direction and have them as protected wildlife parks where research on evolution takes place but where technologies and human habitats are prohibited.
    But going with your suggestion, Even in 100 years, I feel teleportation would still be in an experimental age. I think it would make more sense in that they are the origins of Mega Stones that they are also energy resources, but of a more traditional sense.

It does make things easier. :3 I guess, but let's say it's just for tourists (the ones that don't aim to battle gym leaders and conquer the world) ... the other people could just walk, because you know, A for effort.

Hmm.. maybe the meteors could be related to space pokemon? Lol idk I'm a bit out of ideas now.

--

On the other hand, I'm working on how Slateport city works. Will post later to get everyone's thoughts.
    I think the teleportation should be restricted to those with enough money/influence.

I would suggest to just focus on Slateport, anyway. ;)

Back